• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham is being sued for fraud and elder abuse

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Prediction: The case will not go to trial. Wyndham will settle and the terms of the settlement will not be disclosed.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
Prediction: The case will not go to trial. Wyndham will settle and the terms of the settlement will not be disclosed.
And the lawyers will make money while the “victims” will still lose money on their timeshare purchase - just not as much.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn’t this the same case as a year or so ago ? Maybe they have refused to settle out of court.
I’m sure its the same attorneys

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I’m surprised that it has taken this long for Wyndam to get sued.
This is why we don’t go to timeshare presentations anymore. It’s true they target the elderly because many are easily manipulated into buying things they don’t need.
I hope this results in less people being taken advantage of by Wyndam or any other timeshare corporation.
Silentg

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn’t this the same case as a year or so ago ? Maybe they have refused to settle out of court.
I’m sure its the same attorneys

If it is, they added a few complaints such as controlling and manipulating inventory.. They will win. Tennessee is very strict when it comes to timeshares..

BillyBob444

Reaction score
I’m surprised that it has taken this long for Wyndam to get sued.
This is why we don’t go to timeshare presentations anymore. It’s true they target the elderly because many are easily manipulated into buying things they don’t need.
I hope this results in less people being taken advantage of by Wyndam or any other timeshare corporation.
Silentg
YOU only let yourself be manipulated. Practice to say the word NO over and over

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
And the lawyers will make money while the “victims” will still lose money on their timeshare purchase - just not as much.

That's the thing with class actions. The real plaintiffs are the attorneys. The law firm gets money, the named plaintiffs get coupons.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score

It’s not that easy for middle aged people to say no at these things (hence there being a huge market for these presentations) let alone a 80 year old that has no one and puts their trust in you. Maybe the corporations should stop praying on a vulnerable segment of society that we all (hopefully) reach one day.

Too bad though, like it was pointed out, that the only people that make our are plaintiff attorney and maybe the lead plaintiffs.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it is, they added a few complaints such as controlling and manipulating inventory.. They will win. Tennessee is very strict when it comes to timeshares..
I had to go back to page 35 of the Wyndham threads to find it. Tennessee lawsuit- TUGBRIAN started the thread June 1, 2017
Same attorneys stated at that time they had over 285 clients. Now it’s over 500 so it has grown.

One side or the other have refused to settle so far

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
certainly love for an outcome of these to actually result in positive change for owners....

however if history tells us anything...even settlements result in the lawyers on both sides getting rich....owners getting next to nothing (plus the added benefit of the cost of the settlement being likely passed on to the owners in one way or another)...and no real change to rectify the actual problem.

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’d not be so quick to being so judgmental. I have seen elderly persons sitting in these presentations that clearly should not be making these kind of decisions! I hope to holy hell before I start losing it my kids take control and I don’t get manipulated. I have a pretty good grasp on every program they have to offer and when I try to explain it to people their eyes just glaze over.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
People may win this one...

http://www.khq.com/story/37271756/timeshare-developer-wyndham-sued-for-alleged-elder-abuse-a
I’d not be so quick to being so judgmental. I have seen elderly persons sitting in these presentations that clearly should not be making these kind of decisions! I hope to holy hell before I start losing it my kids take control and I don’t get manipulated. I have a pretty good grasp on every program they have to offer and when I try to explain it to people their eyes just glaze over.
Very true. I have seen it many times but learned to say no especially when they kept up with CWA the only way out. Was there for 5 years till our suit was settled.
gainst-senior-citizens-by-law-firm-of-aubrey-givens-associates

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I'm sure some of the complainants did say no several times(starting with the parking pass desk). Then after several hours; they just wanted to go home.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope these elderly couples win this lawsuit and maybe, maybe this will cause major changes across the timeshare developer industries.

BillyBob444

Reaction score
I'm sure some of the complainants did say no several times(starting with the parking pass desk). Then after several hours; they just wanted to go home.
I must have sat thru 30 to 40 sales talks and only said yes when I wanted to after they gave me something I wanted to. I had a resale property that dales kept telling there is no way that that can be converted. Last year all of a sudden it could be converted because they right person did the asking. Last year I took a 2 week trip in Cali and Nevada and stayed in 5 Wyndham properties. Attended a sales presentation at every property and the total came out to 625 dollars and cost me about 6 hours of time just saying NO. easy peasie money.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
How could you endure 30 plus ts presentation. You are a man BillyBob444.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stuff like this needs to be dealt with in the criminal system. Jail is what is needed, not settlements.