• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My Survey

TvBriggs

Reaction score
1) Is there a vacation destination you wish to visit most of the time or on a regular basis? if so where?

Wyndham Bentley Brook, MA

2) Do you want to visit your home resort at least half the time, or do you want to trade more than half the time?

Yes

3) What are your 5 top trade destinations?

None Really, maybe I'd trade for a beach on the East Coast within Driving distance of NYC Suburbs.

4) How many people do you usually travel with?

My two children but usually have another couple tag along.

5) Can you travel any time, or are you locked into the school schedule?

School Schedule. Though we recently booked Bentley Brook for a snow day mid week. It was great and apparently the resort is only 30% occupancy during the week. Another owner said getting a few days during the week without much notice is easy, as its pretty much empty.

6) Can you make firm plans 12 or more mos. in advance?

Yes

7) Can you vacation for a full week at a time?

I'd personally like 2-3 weekends and a couple of weekday snow days during the ski season.

8) What level of accommodations do you prefer on a scale of 1 to 5 stars?

9) How much can you afford to spend upfront, without financing?

Depends, a few grand I suppose if its worth while.

10) How much can you afford to spend every year for a maintenance fee that will come due right after Christmas, and increase each year?

1500-2k? I'll also bring another ski family along most trips to help offset the cost easily.

11) Are you a detail oriented planner?

Yes

12) Do you understand that once you buy a timeshare, it may be very difficult to sell or give away, and you are responsible for all fees, until you do?

Yes

Below is a link for the MA timeshare for sales. There are a few in there for a 940 MF and about 1k and under for sale price. I have reviewed Point Structure for the resort. During Ski season off prime a 2BR is 33,250k for weekend and 19,600 per night. Rentals there usually run 250-300 a night. I'd think I'd save a few dollars and have a nice Ski Mt Vacation 2-3 times a year and maybe sneak in some fresh powder days when a storm is coming. Owners I think have access to the resort even when not staying. This includes Parking, Lockers, etc? I cannot verify this though.

I've attached a few PDF's as examples in the for sale section.

https://tug2.com/timeshare-classifi...tts&ResortArea=14&ResortGroup=26&ForSale=True

Thanks!

Attachments

• PIC1.pdf
    21.5 KB · Views: 40
  • PIC2.pdf
    26.4 KB · Views: 36
  • PIC3.pdf
    22.4 KB · Views: 35

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Welcome to TUG! Sounds like you "know what you like," got a good feel for it during your 'snow day' visit, and have researched available resale listings. Congrats!

Nothing in your survey particularly jumps out at me with 'alarms ringing' -- but I'll admit to having little experience with timesharing in the NE region. Hope others jump in with their ideas.

Again, Welcome! Hope you stick around and enjoy our community. :)

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I agree with Rhonda. You're one of the most focused and educated newbies to come along in quite awhile--much more educated than I was when I bought my first timeshare.

Here are all the things you're doing right:

1. You're buying resale. Excellent! You will not get ripped off by the infamous sales weasels (as we like to refer to them at TUG), which are the developer sales team. Nice going.
  2. You know what you want. Too many people have only a general idea, don't know much about the system they want to buy into, and have pretty grandiose travel plans not matched by their budget.
  3. You've already researched TUG's Marketplace and have found a unit for sale that fits your needs and your budget.
  4. You have realistic expectations for what you want and what you'll be able to use it for.
What are you doing wrong? Nothing!

As Rhonda has suggested, take time to roam around the TUG Boards, especially the Wyndham Board since that's where you intend to buy. You'll learn a ton and enjoy the experience.

Welcome to TUG!

TvBriggs

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

Looks like those resales are already gone and one was a fixed week which I'm not interested in. I couldn't imagine staying at a small Mt resort for a week (it's not Colorado) There maybe 50 trails on the Mt. "A Weekend, Sure!", "Snow Day, Yes!". Thats about it..

I'm looking for a long weekend get away a few hours from my house. Gone are the days of spending a week in Cancun once the little ones came.

Does anyone have any experience booking a few days in advanced if the resort is operating far below operating occupancy? Can this really be done as an owner there told me? Would it cost more or less points?

There's a bunch listed here but horribly overpriced and a bit too much like a Realtor. Any experience with these guys?

sell-my-time-share-now.com

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks for the replies!

Looks like those resales are already gone and one was a fixed week which I'm not interested in. I couldn't imagine staying at a small Mt resort for a week (it's not Colorado) There maybe 50 trails on the Mt. "A Weekend, Sure!", "Snow Day, Yes!". Thats about it..

I'm looking for a long weekend get away a few hours from my house. Gone are the days of spending a week in Cancun once the little ones came.

Does anyone have any experience booking a few days in advanced if the resort is operating far below operating occupancy? Can this really be done as an owner there told me? Would it cost more or less points?

There's a bunch listed here but horribly overpriced and a bit too much like a Realtor. Any experience with these guys?

sell-my-time-share-now.com
Hi and welcome to TUG. Have you become a member? If so I suggest you check out the Marketplace. There are a few ads for Bentley Brook for sale or rent. You might find something on TUG and save some money too!
Good Luck!
Silentg

TvBriggs

Reaction score
Hi and welcome to TUG. Have you become a member? If so I suggest you check out the Marketplace. There are a few ads for Bentley Brook for sale or rent. You might find something on TUG and save some money too!
Good Luck!
Silentg

Thanks! I plan on joining momentarily. You can view the Marketplace as a visitor though, unless there's a hidden sub-forum or something.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Why are you reluctant to join TUG? Best $15.00 you can spend.