• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Crystal Shores [Merged]

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are my chances of getting less then 7 day getaway at Crystal shores for next year in April or May?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
With the new units starting to come online later this year, I would think you should have some good chances.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Does anyone think at 3BR at MGV would pull a 2BR at Crystal Shores in Feb. or Mar? If so, I may do a deposit-first and ask for Feb. vacation week in both 2019 and 2020.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think at 3BR at MGV would pull a 2BR at Crystal Shores in Feb. or Mar? If so, I may do a deposit-first and ask for Feb. vacation week in both 2019 and 2020.

The question really becomes are you depositing a Gold or a Platinum week? With a Platinum week I would think you would have a very good chance. Not so sure about a Gold week.

Keep us posted!

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
It would be a platinum week. I'll probably give it a shot.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Get that trade in as soon as the II system will allow as I really think that is a bigger factor in trade value than most people think.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Honestly I do not think you have the power to pull Feb/Mar, and that is if there is a Feb/Mar even available. In my opinion your only shot is a request first and not a deposit first. You want II to work to fulfill the request.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Honestly I do not think you have the power to pull Feb/Mar, and that is if there is a Feb/Mar even available. In my opinion your only shot is a request first and not a deposit first. You want II to work to fulfill the request.

But if I do a Request-First trade, then I wouldn't be able to request February 2020. If I deposit, then I have 2 years to get the trade, which I think would increase my chances for 2020, no?

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
But if I do a Request-First trade, then I wouldn't be able to request February 2020. If I deposit, then I have 2 years to get the trade, which I think would increase my chances for 2020, no?
If you do a “Marriott Special Request First” you can request an MVC-MVC exchange date beyond the check in date of the home week you are offering Interval for exchange.
We do this regularly, although normally for up to a few months afterwards.
I don’t know if there is a time limit placed on this, but you could call and check.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Good point. You cannot do a request first beyond the check-in day. I am not sure if requesting 2020 now helps your chances but it certainly does not hurt. Nobody can deposit that week for a long time. Nobody knows for sure how the trading power works but the general consensus is that it does not necessarily matter when you place your request but instead the trading power of the unit deposited. In either case you may as well place the request and hope for the best.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
If you do a “Marriott Special Request First” you can request an MVC-MVC exchange date beyond the check in date of the home week you are offering Interval for exchange.
I don’t know if there is a time limit placed on this, but you could call and check.

How does one do a "Marriott Special Request First"? Is this an option on the II web site when depositing your unit?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does one do a "Marriott Special Request First"? Is this an option on the II web site when depositing your unit?
No. Once you have booked your home resort with a prime week either on the MVC Owners website or by phoning MVC Owner Services, you then have to phone Interval to make this request as there is no online option to do so currently.

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to Crystal Shores April 4th. Does anyone have updates on repairs or on the opening of the new building. If anyone has been there recently I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista

I did call and ask, in case anyone else is interested. I was told you can request up to 24 months beyond the check-in date of your home resort.

Hmmm... in my case, I made a reservation at my home resort for Feb. 16, 2019. I requested the Marriott Special Request First trade for the same week (with possible check-in dates of Feb. 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18, 2019. However, I was not allowed to make a request for the same week in 2020 which would have check-in dates of Feb. 13, 14, 15, 16, or 17 2020. I was told that I could only request up to the week ending Feb. 14, 2020. So I guess it's not 24 months from the check-in date after all (which should allow me to add dates up through 2021.) It must be 24 months from the date you make the request (?) :confused:

Last edited:

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did call and ask, in case anyone else is interested. I was told you can request up to 24 months beyond the check-in date of your home resort.

Hmmm... in my case, I made a reservation at my home resort for Feb. 16, 2019. I requested the Marriott Special Request First trade for the same week (with possible check-in dates of Feb. 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18, 2019. However, I was not allowed to make a request for the same week in 2020 which would have check-in dates of Feb. 13, 14, 15, 16, or 17 2020. I was told that I could only request up to the week ending Feb. 14, 2020. So I guess it's not 24 months from the check-in date after all (which should allow me to add dates up through 2021.) It must be 24 months from the date you make the request (?) :confused:
That is unfortunate for your plans and worryingly different to what you were told.
It is still more flexible than a regular Request First, so at least another option.
Hopefully you can find a solution that works for you.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
We are going to Crystal Shores April 4th. Does anyone have updates on repairs or on the opening of the new building. If anyone has been there recently I would appreciate any information. Thanks.

I just left Marco Island last week (stayed my winter week at the Eagle's Nest) and stopped in at Crystal Shores several times. Every employee I asked about the anticipated opening of the new section said "late spring" but there apparently is not a hard date to be had! Of course the original building is open for business and I have two weeks there starting Memorial Day week so looking forward to this visitation. The resort is going to be super nice with the new outdoor sections open also (they are closed now)!

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information about Crystal Shores. I wonder what they mean by late spring. It sounds like you like Marco Island. Do you have any activities that you like to do there? It's our first time.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Thanks for the information about Crystal Shores. I wonder what they mean by late spring. It sounds like you like Marco Island. Do you have any activities that you like to do there? It's our first time.

Marco Island is my favorite location in Florida, especially winter (West Palm Beach is second). My main activity is bike riding on the island. Check this link for the JW Marriott for things to do....http://www.marriott.com/hotel-info/.../beach-and-recreation/a18kehf/water-sports.mi. There's also a large boat, Marco Island Princess, for lunch and dinner excursions (have done this). If you like Key West there is another large vessel that makes a day trip (long day, have done this), goggle Key West Express. Did I mention white sand beaches?

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on things to do and the time frame. The rep asked me if I wanted her to ask for the new building, but I didn't know if that was a good idea because I didn't know if it would be available. I hope many of the new features are usable. We definitely want to do some type of boating while there. My son would also like to do kite boarding if there are any services there. I would also like to take my granddaughter (9) to hunt for shells. I'll check the links out. Thanks for sending them!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Was that because you can only request a year ahead of your week or because you can only request 2 years from any specific point in time. I would presume the latter. Why don't you try again?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In one of the Facebook groups my wife is in, someone posted some photos from a pool view 3BR unit in the new building. So it seems that they now have at least some of the new units open there.

tlwmkw

Reaction score
We have traded in to Crystal Shores using a MGV 3 bed plat week- had no problem and it was for March (kids spring break)- combined it with a few days at Lakeshore in Orlando (the drive from Orlando to Marco was quite long and GPS took us straight down the middle of Florida on secondary roads which was terrible- stick to the coast and major highways if you do this).

So to the person who asked if MGV will pull Crystal Shores the answer is that it definitely will since we did it. Oceanfront too- very nice views from huge balcony.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
We have traded in to Crystal Shores using a MGV 3 bed plat week- had no problem and it was for March (kids spring break)- combined it with a few days at Lakeshore in Orlando (the drive from Orlando to Marco was quite long and GPS took us straight down the middle of Florida on secondary roads which was terrible- stick to the coast and major highways if you do this).

So to the person who asked if MGV will pull Crystal Shores the answer is that it definitely will since we did it. Oceanfront too- very nice views from huge balcony.

I think that was me, tlwmkw, who wondered if a 3BR at MGV would pull a week at Crystal shores. Did you get a 3BR or a 2BR? How far in advance did you learn you got the trade? I requested a specific week (school vacation week) in February and right now I'm not feeling very hopeful.I think