• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

RippedOff

Reaction score
Here are the executives at Northwynd if anyone is interested:

Real Estate Management and Development

Company Overview of Northwynd Resort Properties Ltd.

Company Overview
Northwynd Resort Properties Ltd. develops and markets interval vacation ownership condominiums in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Belize. Northwynd Resort Properties Ltd. was formerly known as Fairmont Resort Properties Ltd. and changed its name to Northwynd Resort Properties Ltd. in July 2010. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Calgary, Canada.

5799 - 3rd Street SE

Calgary, AB T2H 1K1

Canada

Founded in 1985

Phone:

403-451-1151

Fax:

403-450-0495

www.northwynd.ca

Key Executives For Northwynd Resort Properties Ltd.
Mr. Patrick Fitzsimonds
Chief Executive Officer

Mr. Chris Van Der Deen
Vice President of Operations / Member Services

Ms. Eleanor Fornataro
Vice President of Communications / Corporate Services

Mr. Doug Frey
Vice President of Development

Compensation as of Fiscal Year 2017.

Recent Private Companies Transactions
Type
Date Target
No transactions available in the past 12 months.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Snapshot

People

Company Overview
Northwynd Resort Properties Ltd. develops and markets interval vacation ownership condominiums in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Belize. Northwynd Resort Properties Ltd. was formerly known as Fairmont Resort Properties Ltd. and changed its name to Northwynd Resort Properties Ltd. in July 2010. The company was founded in 1985 and is based in Calgary, Canada.

5799 - 3rd Street SE

Calgary, AB T2H 1K1

Canada

Founded in 1985

Phone:

403-451-1151

Fax:

403-450-0495

www.northwynd.ca

Mr. Patrick Fitzsimonds
Chief Executive Officer

Mr. Chris Van Der Deen

Ms. Eleanor Fornataro

Mr. Doug Frey

Similar Private Companies By Industry
Company Name Region
0990756 B.C. Ltd. Americas
1587182 Alberta Ltd. Americas
1623703 Alberta Inc. Americas
1869521 Ontario Inc. Americas
190 Lees Avenue LP Americas
Type
Date Target
What date was this this info posted? Not sure these people are still in these same positions today.

Stung

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont / Northwynd
Was notified today that the Competition Bureau, will follow up on my complaint of FRAUD!

This is great news! Ok everyone, if you haven't yet sent a complaint about your injustice to the Competition Bureau NOW is the time to do it.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/frm-eng/GHÉT-7TDNA5

There is strength in numbers! The more of us that send our story the more it will send up red flags. Even if you send a short note, it will be added to the total number of complaints.

Also, do send a message to our leader at justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca! Include our deadline of Feb. 15 in your response to those that read it to make them aware of the urgency for action! With enough responses, we will get noticed!

To be silent and do nothing but pay is exactly what MG & KW want which is just not right!

Last edited:

RippedOff

Reaction score
I have been re-reading some of the documents that Geldert has asked us to sign.
The Option 1 vs Option 2 form is just asking if you want Geldert to be your lawyer (Option 1 - yes, Option 2 - no).
So what if I didn't want Geldert to be my lawyer anymore after I chose Option 1. There's nothing stopping me from getting another lawyer or releasing him as my lawyer.

So in other words, does it really matter what option you chose? You could get out of Option 1.

This is my understanding but correct me if I'm wrong. Aden2 you referenced this quite a few times and I now understand your point. Were you successful in getting out of option 1?

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Geldert Law that would generate $100,000 [in revenue] for legal services to be undertaken by Geldert Law, which would be held in a trust account [that will be slowly drained]."

What amazed me is that two lawyers make up the leadership of their owners group. I always thought that sharks ate their young.

dotbuhler

Reaction score
I, too am from SK, I started the on-line petition at thepetitionsite.com Search under Dorothy Zazelenchuk. I have forwarded to Cathay Wagantall, Yorkton, and other sitting members some in Calgary, Edmonton and St. Albert, as well as the bc.ombudsperson.ca, media@consumerprotectionbc.ca,Jody Wilson-Raybould, Minister of Justice and Attorney General Canada. This is just the beginning, I will do this every day for a few hours. Please continue to sign and share the petition. It has 338 signatures in under 3 weeks. The target is 1000. Family and friends who see you caught up in this ordeal can also sign. EVERY signature helps. Thank you and STAY STRONG.
I'm in Saskatchewan, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Petus@18

Reaction score
Q: do we know when exactly the settlement was obtained? Was it December 19th or earlier?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Northwynd/Northmont/Sunchaser
MG emailed us on Dec. 14 that the settlement had been reached. He sounded sooo excited, just had to let us know! Also, he had cancelled the petition for the next morning. So, that was the night he reached the “excellent settlement “, threw in the towel and threw us under the bus. Merry Christmas!!

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
I agree it is my understanding K.W. is the man of all seasons, total ownership.
Don't know if he owns it, but he sure as heck runs it.
Kirk Wankel
Chief Executive Officer at Northwynd Resort Properties Ltd.

Industry
Accounting
Kirk has been the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Northwynd since November, 2010.

CleoB

Reaction score
Bill 31 passed on Dec 13, 2017. Might that help us somehow?
Bill 31 simply added upon the Fair Trade Act of Alberta.....something that Geldert should have used from the get-go but didn't even though many of his clients pointed this out to him.

aden2

Reaction score
Thank you for the information you provided to the Competition Bureau regarding Northwynd Resort Properties.

The role of the Competition Bureau ("Bureau"), as an independent law enforcement agency, is to ensure that Canadian businesses and consumers prosper in a competitive and innovative marketplace. In carrying out our mandate, information brought to our attention by consumers, businesses and other market participants is very important as it contributes to the identification and analysis of potentially anti-competitive practices in the marketplace.

The Bureau will treat the information you have provided in accordance with the confidentiality provisions of the Competition Act ("Act"), and the Bureau's Information Bulletin on the Communication of Confidential Information Under the Competition Act.

The Bureau takes all allegations of anti-competitive conduct and deceptive marketing practices seriously. The information you have provided will be recorded and entered into our database and it may be used to develop or support future enforcement activities under the laws we enforce. As a law enforcement agency, the Bureau is required to conduct its investigations in private. A Bureau representative may contact you if further information is needed.

Petus@18

Reaction score
MG emailed us on Dec. 14 that the settlement had been reached. He sounded sooo excited, just had to let us know! Also, he had cancelled the petition for the next morning. So, that was the night he reached the “excellent settlement “, threw in the towel and threw us under the bus. Merry Christmas!!

I wonder why he waited until December 28 to give us the option to relinquish the settlement? He probably did it on purpose. I am sending follow up letters to the Law Societies. I am planning to add this info. He gave us less than 24 hrs to opt out, isn't this illegal? Maybe not, but it sure sounds he did it for a purpose. See the answer he gave to someone who phoned him:

“Lawyers make decisions because that is what they are hired to do. Sometimes the settlement is not always great. Northmont gave Mr Geldert the gears and said “this is our offer, you either accept it or else”; as such he would not have possibly had the time to consult with all of us to make sure we approved. We signed option 1 giving him permission to make decisions for us. His words: "They are not happy that they were forced to leave money on the table by this Settlement Agreement. The number for those who are not party to the Settlement Agreement will only go up"; when I asked how they possibly left money on the table since we are being charged fees from past years as well as a hefty interest, he replied "Northmont prefers that people pay to stay and later, that they pay even more to cancel. The aggregate will be significantly more for them over time."

So I guess Option 2 or people that opted out were "the money that was left on the table". This to me proves that his message on December 28 was deliberately sent that late to ensure less people could opted out!

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
If they want us to stay and charge us more to leave later, why won't NM accept our payment for the bill they sent out? Is it in any way legal for them to charge $16000 to cancel a lease in good standing or can they "charge anything they want to" per MG?
I know their methods are not ethical.

Plus454

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sun Chaser
This is great news! Ok everyone, if you haven't yet sent a complaint about your injustice to the Competition Bureau NOW is the time to do it.

http://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic/site/cb-bc.nsf/frm-eng/GHÉT-7TDNA5

There is strength in numbers! The more of us that send our story the more it will send up red flags. Even if you send a short note, it will be added to the total number of complaints.

Also, do send a message to our leader at justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca! Include our deadline of Feb. 15 in your response to those that read it to make them aware of the urgency for action! With enough responses, we will get noticed!

To be silent and do nothing but pay is exactly what MG & KW want which is just not right!

Done and Done
I also have a meeting with my MLA in one week.

Shake Down

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont/Sunchaser 92'
So what if I didn't want Geldert to be my lawyer anymore after I chose Option 1. There's nothing stopping me from getting another lawyer or releasing him as my lawyer.

So in other words, does it really matter what option you chose? You could get out of Option 1.

Questioned this as well.
Could it be argued the MG letter from Oct/2017 Re Choose: Option #1 or Option #2, was a merely a voting ballot? After all it states “Please confirm the following, you elect “Option 1 or Option 2.

Check off a box, cast a vote! Now held hostage as "Option 1 client" and its fallout? Crazy and now that I think of it, that’s how politics work.

ladybug2

Reaction score
Just followed this link and it certainly does look like Mr. Docken is pursuing a strategy for a class action against Northmont and is actively trying to attract Geldert Group clients. Not sure what his strategy is or how it will impact our deadline to have to pay by the 15th or face the 162% increased penalty being added to our bill. I called and talked to the receptionist and was told to leave a voicemail message for his assistant and send an email with some of the details of my situation. I have done that so now we wait to hear back from them. The good news is that they say no fees from us, only payment is a percentage of anything that they win back for us. So my only concern is whether he can orchestrate a halt to our deadline of Feb. 15th until this class action can have a chance to proceed. Some glimmer of hope at least. Will keep you posted.

I just spoke with Higgerty Law and they clarified a few things to me. Their website says "people who have been subject to collection procedures on the part of Sauvageau & Associates" and they are not actively trying to attract Geldert Group clients and that their class action is not against Northmont. I was advised to speak to Geldert because I'm part of the Geldert group.

RippedOff

Reaction score
I just spoke with Higgerty Law and they clarified a few things to me. Their website says "people who have been subject to collection procedures on the part of Sauvageau & Associates" and they are not actively trying to attract Geldert Group clients and that their class action is not against Northmont. I was advised to speak to Geldert because I'm part of the Geldert group.

Great....I guess everyone is avoiding us like the plague. We totally got screwed.

Wankel=crook

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser Fairmont

Company Overview

5799 - 3rd Street SE

Calgary, AB T2H 1K1

Canada

Founded in 1985

Phone:

403-451-1151

Fax:

403-450-0495

www.northwynd.ca

Mr. Patrick Fitzsimonds
Chief Executive Officer

Mr. Chris Van Der Deen

Ms. Eleanor Fornataro

Mr. Doug Frey

Type
Date Target

[/QUOTE

Wankel=crook

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser Fairmont

Company Overview

5799 - 3rd Street SE

Calgary, AB T2H 1K1

Canada

Founded in 1985

Phone:

403-451-1151

Fax:

403-450-0495

www.northwynd.ca

Mr. Patrick Fitzsimonds
Chief Executive Officer

Mr. Chris Van Der Deen

Ms. Eleanor Fornataro

Mr. Doug Frey

Type
Date Target
how do you post in here

Reaper

Reaction score
Has anyone been called by collection agencies or SERV-IT...?

FairNot

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont/Sunchaser
Does anyone here know what happened to the people who converted their weeks to points? Did they get billed the reno fee too, or are they not considered "owners"?