• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trinidad and Tobago

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
Any positive or negative comments about Tobago timeshare. We are thinking next January or February. It got way too cold here in the south this year! It is so hard to go to any islands right now because of the hurricane damage. We are always game to go somewhere new and I want to use timeshare and it has to be warm. I have so many TPU’s! I was thinking maybe we would do a day or 2 on Trinidad. Comments please. Thank you.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi Ann Marie,

On Facebook I follow a group called “Tradewinds Resales” and there are currently posts about a diving trip to Tobago. There are pictures from a visit to the RCI Resort Sandy Point Beach Club. The pictures are great and you should check them out.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also have a question about Sandy Point Beach Club, which is: are any specific size units more likely or definitely going to have an ocean view? Maybe we'd like to go there sometime and are flexible, would take a smaller unit to have a view. Hope someone on TUG knows!

sologirl

Reaction score
I haven't stayed at Sandy Point, but I've been to Tobago and loved it. It's very lush and green, mostly rainforest. Quiet.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also have a question about Sandy Point Beach Club, which is: are any specific size units more likely or definitely going to have an ocean view? Maybe we'd like to go there sometime and are flexible, would take a smaller unit to have a view. Hope someone on TUG knows!
IDK, but we have a 2BR the first week, and a 3 the second week. I will find out!

singingcowgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Haciendas
Vacation Village at Parkway
Grandview at Las Vegas
Trade-Winds Experience
Carnival (Mas) in Trinidad is around the time you're going, so you should definitely take a few days on Trini. They have steel drum band competitions leading up to it so even if you're not there for Carnival, you can check out the bands.

bobby

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are signed up for an II Getaway special to Tobago for the Mount Irvine Bay Resort that looks great. I'm only uneasy even though I have the II paperwork because we paid $1000 for a Jan. studio week and looking on the resort's own website, prices seem to be $500-800 PER night. Airfare was dealt with by booking a direct Jet Blue flight from Boston to Barbados. For three winter months they have direct flights on Sat. and Sun. We'll stay in Barbados 5 nights, fly to Tobago for the week, and then back to Barbados for 2 nights so we'll be there for the return flight to Boston. Looking on sites like Expedia for Boston-Tobago flights showed 24 hours+ flights with stays overnight at various points. Direct Barbados seemed a very good solution.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry your post is a little dated but I just saw it. I need to do a review of Sandy Beach. The only unit with an ocean view is the 1 and only 3 BR unit. It is right on the beach, but their units are a bit run down. However we were happy we can say we have been there, done that! Go for it!

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was thinking about going to both Trinidad & Tobago for 10 days, but was reading that those islands are not very safe. I know that you can have problems anywhere, but this site made it seem somewhat sketchy. We are not the type of people who stay at resorts all day; we like to have a car and drive around the island and go to different places and beaches.

https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/trinidad-and-tobago/

wilmark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Was thinking about going to both Trinidad & Tobago for 10 days, but was reading that those islands are not very safe. I know that you can have problems anywhere, but this site made it seem somewhat sketchy. We are not the type of people who stay at resorts all day; we like to have a car and drive around the island and go to different places and beaches.

https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/trinidad-and-tobago/
Trinidad and Tobago isnt very safe if you are on your own. Tobago isnt very bad, but Trinidad has one of the highest crime rates, its OK if you know someone there to guide you and tell you what not to do. I live there.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trinidad and Tobago isnt very safe if you are on your own. Tobago isnt very bad, but Trinidad has one of the highest crime rates, its OK if you know someone there to guide you and tell you what not to do. I live there.

Hi wilmark,

I was looking into the timeshare on Tobago. Are there a lot of nature activities to do on the island (safe beaches, birdwatching, island tours, etc)?

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
...I need to do a review of Sandy Beach. The only unit with an ocean view is the 1 and only 3 BR unit. It is right on the beach, but their units are a bit run down. However we were happy we can say we have been there, done that! Go for it!

Hi @Ann-Marie, in May 2021 I’m exchanging into the 3 bedroom unit located on the beach at Sandy Point Beach Club. It sleeps 8. We plan on going bird watching, snorkeling, touring the island, fishing.

I found some pictures of Tobago and it looks like a lovely place...

@wilmark & Ann-Marie or other TUGGERS, do you have any suggestions for places to eat or things you did that you found enjoyable while in Tobago?

Thanks,
Carol

112A5437-7336-488A-B8B7-06E53769EE4D.jpeg
256E56C1-2B07-45B5-9FC9-CA1AA2A9FF72.jpeg
C6BD9B5E-EDDB-44EA-860A-CB3A6E8BCA17.jpeg
D929C933-DC4D-4F6D-B1B6-B32D9CE882EF.jpeg
23655B12-3ECB-4F98-9B93-BC25891971F5.jpeg

500D6FB0-0A08-43AC-B3F8-11E817FF93E7.jpeg

AnnieBets

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been like 20 years since we went. The beach at Sandy Point wasn’t swimmable when we were there but they had a shuttle to a nearby beach. Had better snorkeling there than on the tour we went on. Sandy Point had a party one night and a limbo contest. We went on a tour of the rainforest. I ended up using the taxi driver from the airport to take a tour of the old sugar plantation. We also did a tour of a fruit grower that had amazing humingbirds. On Trinidad we took a tour to the asphalt fields. Sounded horrible but my friend was interested. I actually enjoyed it.

Ann-Marie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 3 BR unit is in an awesome location! It's the only 3 BR unit. You have to be willing to put up with the bad, to get the good aspects. The ceiling leaked several times, either due to rain or because they were washing down the concrete landing the is basically the ceiling of the 3 BR unit. It is right on the beach and immediately next to the bar and restaurant. Beautiful view. However, because of safety reasons, there is a metal gate that goes across the terrace sliding doors. It's intimidating at first, but trust me, the location is the best. The restaurant at the resort is not reliable as far as when they are open and what's available. We ate there twice and it was good. The one restaurant that sticks out is an Italian one that is basically in the middle of a bunch of homes. It has a metal fence around it. The owner is Italain, and his wife is Trinidadian. The food was like being right in Italy!! absolutely wonderful, however not cheap. Otherwise we ate at random places. Do go to the local beach which is walking distance. Be careful of the tours offered by the resort. We took one that was an all day event, and we were taken to an island for a BBQ. It was like being stranded on Gilligans Island and waiting for a boat to come and rescue us.. It was fun, but did get to be a bit long. Have fun!!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The 3 BR unit is in an awesome location! It's the only 3 BR unit. You have to be willing to put up with the bad, to get the good aspects. The ceiling leaked several times, either due to rain or because they were washing down the concrete landing the is basically the ceiling of the 3 BR unit. It is right on the beach and immediately next to the bar and restaurant. Beautiful view. However, because of safety reasons, there is a metal gate that goes across the terrace sliding doors. It's intimidating at first, but trust me, the location is the best. The restaurant at the resort is not reliable as far as when they are open and what's available. We ate there twice and it was good. The one restaurant that sticks out is an Italian one that is basically in the middle of a bunch of homes. It has a metal fence around it. The owner is Italain, and his wife is Trinidadian. The food was like being right in Italy!! absolutely wonderful, however not cheap. Otherwise we ate at random places. Do go to the local beach which is walking distance. Be careful of the tours offered by the resort. We took one that was an all day event, and we were taken to an island for a BBQ. It was like being stranded on Gilligans Island and waiting for a boat to come and rescue us.. It was fun, but did get to be a bit long. Have fun!!
What a great review. Thanks for sharing.