• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Heading down to Naples FL in January to Help my Aunt

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of places like that in Florida, it is a matter of scale. You can go to the villages and live with 135,000 seniors.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I kind of like this place for myself...but I have 10+ years till I can retire.
We were really impressed with the place when we visited Aunt Gloria. It was built over a number of years so there is a wide variety of styles of homes and price points, from townhomes, to twins, and single family homes. The golf course is really nice, but the recreation center blew us away! So many activities, including an indoor pool and all kinds of rooms for special activities. What's nice is that there are enough people there to be able to sustain these activities - even the model railroading room and the country line dancing. I know she loved the bus trips that were always heading out to see the world. The last thing you want to feel is that you are cut off from the rest of the world as if you were in some kind of nursing home.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we looked there, there were two golf courses, and you could only have privileges at the one your home was located near. Anyhow, we headed the next day to sw Florida and never looked anywhere else

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> I know people say they haveall those friends at timeshares, but I would call them acquaintances. You are very independent Linda, but I wouldn't enjoy spending my winters alone at a timeshare.

Yes, TS 'friends' are acquaintances ... many never to be seen again. But that does not mean 'no fun adventures', trying new food or learning what is nearby, etc. Couples have friends & family back home ... being a couple alone is not much different that being a single alone... friends are NOT calling them on their 'vacation getaway'. And being in a strange place everyone is networking to FIND a place to eat, drink or things to do.

And no, I do not bring a book to read down at the pool. I usually have a drink at the pool bar but keep no alcohol back at my room (a bottle of run or a 6 pack of beer is TOO much for me travelling alone for a week). I get takeout many times (or do take leftovers back to the unit when eating out). My Ft Lauderdale timeshare has a local (Philly) bar ... where my usual bartender (Mitch) is sort of a distant 'neighbor'... my brother knows his family (via a bar own by his mother and an aunt in rural Nebraska where he grew up) when my brother lived in that town for 10+ years. I don't rent a car in South Florida .. the bus transportation is GREAT along there. I go 'visit' my the other resorts ... seeing what is new. I might grab a beer; eat a hot dog or stop along the way, to enjoy an ocean view. Nieces & nephews get a Ft Lauderdale trip with me when in their early teen years.

PS I usually plan trips with my 4 other siblings every couple of years. Phoenix area lately because my brother has the fewest vacation days and the money to travel (I use Shell Vacations points in Southwest USA). Usually, trying to do MLB Spring Training games. They decided MLB Spring Training games are a better get togethers ... than the multiple funerals we all would be at for many years.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
One of my Aunt's cousins just bought a place in Bayside Estates ( in Fort Myers Beach). I guess an older couple owned it and it got damaged by Irma and they decided they would sell as is, she got it for $201K, so now my aunt wants to look at this place too when we are down in January. I think this place is too expensive for her. She likes that every unit backs to water.

This is what I have been able to find on this place:
Bayside Estates Homeowners Inc., 17601 San Carlos Blvd, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931

Does anyone know of this place? Is it worth the high price? Thanks so much

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not an expert but golden gate and east Naples on news a lot, and not in a good way. One thing to watch in mobile home communities is if they own the land or rent it. I saw one park has $800 a month lot fee plus they pay their own utilities. Sounds like a mortgage payment to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wanted to ask you if you heard of a community called Riverbend of Naples? It’s in North Naples and is located right next to the place that one of her besties lives at. She likes this place because it’s a co-op and you own 1/46 share in the place. They have docks you can rent and the HOA is only $125 per month. Her friends are paying $598 for their lot rent at the place next door.

She found a unit for sale and it’s oriced st $125, so she is very excited

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know it, but the lot rental will eat up your money. So the lower price per month sounds good. I see on map it is on way to Marco island, pretty far south.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know it, but the lot rental will eat up your money. So the lower price per month sounds good. I see on map it is on way to Marco island, pretty far south.

Thanks for the info... Her friend, is at Palm River Mobile Home Park and I guess the lot rental at that place goes up by about $100 a month a year at this place and it seems really hard to sell the units at Palm River but I guess the units at Riverbend of Naples sell very quickly..

I did some research on Riverbend of Naples and the HOA in 1999 was $99 a month and now in 2018 it has only gone to $125 a month, so I like that the HOA does not go up a wild amount each year. She already called the guy selling the unit at Riverbend of Naples and he told her that this year the HOA was $115 a month and for the past 10 years it's only gone up about a $1.00 a year for the monthly amount but because of Irma they wanted a little bit of a cushion in the reserves so they raised it up $10.

Riverbend of Naples is located in North Naples close to the Mercato Center, the Pavilion shopping center, two Publix grocery stores, a Walgreens Pharmacy, Super Wal-Mart, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Stein-Mart and is also just a few minutes from NCH North Naples Hospital.

I'm looking forward to checking this place out when we are there in January.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, that is a different location and I like that location a lot. It is near the pewter mug off of 41 north of imokolee

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, that is a different location and I like that location a lot. It is near the pewter mug off of 41 north of imokolee
Rapmarks, thanks glad to hear that this is a good location... What is the pewter mug? Is it a place?

They guy who has his place for sale told her it's right off of imokolee.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
When are you down here yet?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When are you down here yet?
We have arrived. Today we are just exploring on our own and the next 3 days will be filled to the brim with viewings the realtor set up to show her homes in the communities she liked from the links he gave her. I’m loving the 70 degrees weather vs the snow/slush and 12 degrees weather I left behind

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We have arrived. Today we are just exploring on our own and the next 3 days will be filled to the brim with viewings the realtor set up to show her homes in the communities she liked from the links he gave her. I’m loving the 70 degrees weather vs the snow/slush and 12 degrees weather I left behind

Enjoy a meal at the Watermark, Mr. Big Fish and Cafe Luna for us. They are our favorite places to eat when we are in Naples. The Mercado is also fun to wander around, eat and drink at too.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Check out Fishermen’s Village in Punta Gorda for me? The Village Marketplace is up and running. Timeshares are closed for renovations. We own Week 4 there. Pretty nice shops and restaurants. Also boat cruises there are nice.
Thanks!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
T
Enjoy a meal at the Watermark, Mr. Big Fish and Cafe Luna for us. They are our favorite places to eat when we are in Naples. The Mercado is also fun to wander around, eat and drink at too.
Thanks, I will keep those places in mind

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jan, we just tried to get into Watermark as it’s across the street from the place that is my aunts favorite so far and it does not open till 4:00. Guess where we are going at 4:00. LOL

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Jan, we just tried to get into Watermark as it’s across the street from the place that is my aunts favorite so far and it does not open till 4:00. Guess where we are going at 4:00. LOL

Try the chicken liver appetizer. Chicken livers are one the very, very few things I would have sworn I would never, ever willingly eat once I grew up and left home unless I was facing starvation. My Dad always said to give things a chance as your taste buds change as you age so keeping that in mind I let myself be persuaded to try one at the Watermark. They were delicious and we now order that appetizer every time we go there. However I still wouldn't eat them anywhere else!

If you go to Mr. Big Fish's website and sign up you will get a free bowl of chowder. I think the coupon is good for everyone in your party. The chowder is great and we love their fish tacos too. They have good lunch specials. The last time we were there was for dinner on the Saturday before Christmas on our way home from a week at the Lighthouse Resort on Sanibel. The special was a lobster tail dinner for $22 and it was delicious. The food is always excellent and the seafood very fresh.

Cafe Luna has some great specials too and also has a website that you can check them out.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try the chicken liver appetizer. Chicken livers are one the very, very few things I would have sworn I would never, ever willingly eat once I grew up and left home unless I was facing starvation. My Dad always said to give things a chance as your taste buds change as you age so keeping that in mind I let myself be persuaded to try one at the Watermark. They were delicious and we now order that appetizer every time we go there. However I still wouldn't eat them anywhere else!

If you go to Mr. Big Fish's website and sign up you will get a free bowl of chowder. I think the coupon is good for everyone in your party. The chowder is great and we love their fish tacos too. They have good lunch specials. The last time we were there was for dinner on the Saturday before Christmas on our way home from a week at the Lighthouse Resort on Sanibel. The special was a lobster tail dinner for $22 and it was delicious. The food is always excellent and the seafood very fresh.

Cafe Luna has some great specials too and also has a website that you can check them out.

We were disappointed with Watermark. Maybe we were there on a bad day or we're spoiled by really good Gulf seafood.. DeRomos in Bonita Springs has very good Italian food. Will try Mr. Big Fish next time we're there.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any suggestions for breakfast. We are starting our viewingings st the 84 & Country Barn Rd area in Naples.

We loved the Watermark and devoured the chicken appetizer. Thanks