• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New 2018 Club Rules and Fees has been released.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Just for giggles, I am also posting a copy of the 2015 HGVC Season Chart I found as well, which included the Club Intrawest resorts that we no longer have access to. Enjoy!

Kurt

Attachments

• HGVC-Seasons 2015.pdf
    600.9 KB · Views: 75

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
So it does look like HGVC changed weeks 36-39 at both Seawatch on the Beach (Ft. Myers Beach) and Plantation Beach Club (Hutchinson Island) from Bronze to Silver sometime between 2004 and 2015. Very interesting. I believe most of those FL affiliates have "float weeks" that float between seasons (i.e., not just a Silver float, or a Gold float), but instead a "summer/fall float".

Kurt

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2010, there were no bronze weeks at Flamingo (nor on 2017), but you are correct in that the color chart is super hard to read.

The chart for 2015 (and I know as I've booked one last year) is listed as "mixed bronze/silver".
1 BR weeks 5-8, are 2400 points for Flamingo and Paradise.

Not sure why the color-coding indicates a "mix", very odd.

I guess that would be silver then?
But the "new" chart (it's not really a chart to be honest) is a bit more clear as to what week is what and how many points.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Thanks for the 2015 chart...I didn't keep mine. Biggest differences are obviously the removal of the Club Intrawest resorts and the addition of the new locations in New York, DC, South Carolina and Hawaii. But the weeks for the resorts listed in both charts appear unchanged.

But the "new" chart (it's not really a chart to be honest) ...

Without trying to be overly nit-picky, I am not sure why you don't really consider it a chart. If you are referring to a chart in the nautical map sense, then you are correct. But the definition of chart in the Oxford English Dictionary also refers to a chart as a "sheet of tabulated information", which it certainly is. Perhaps American and British/Canadian definitions are different?

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the 2015 chart...I didn't keep mine. Biggest differences are obviously the removal of the Club Intrawest resorts and the addition of the new locations in New York, DC, South Carolina and Hawaii. But the weeks for the resorts listed in both charts appear unchanged.

Without trying to overly nit-pick, I am not sure why you don't really consider it a chart. If you are referring to a chart in the nautical map sense, then you are correct. But the definition of chart in the Oxford English Dictionary also refers to a chart as a "sheet of tabulated information", which it certainly is. Perhaps American and British/Canadian definitions are different?

The tabulated thingy (ie: spreadsheet format) is what I consider a chart.

A page that lists "seasons" and the weeks below it with numbers (and you have to scroll through a bunch of different pages in the PDF for the 2018 Club rules) I don't really consider a chart. But it's probably symantics.

But I will admit the new method is much easier on the eyes. LOL!
Especially as I'm getting old and senile and probably need reading glasses (my Monovision is not quite to my liking, so I'll probably get my other eye fixed).

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
The tabulated thingy (ie: spreadsheet format) is what I consider a chart.

A page that lists "seasons" and the weeks below it with numbers (and you have to scroll through a bunch of different pages in the PDF for the 2018 Club rules) I don't really consider a chart. But it's probably symantics.

But I will admit the new method is much easier on the eyes. LOL!
Especially as I'm getting old and senile and probably need reading glasses (my Monovision is not quite to my liking, so I'll probably get my other eye fixed).

Hey hurnik, now I am really confused!?!

First, are we even referring to the same document? I am talking primarily about the "Club Affiliated Resort Seasons" chart, similar to the 2015 version attached to Post #26 by PigsDad. There is also the "Vacation Planning Calendar". You seem to be referring to the Club Rules document. Both the charts i am referring to are stand-alone documents on the website, so not sure why you have to scroll through a bunch of different pages? Also, both definitely qualify as charts.

As you say, it may just be semantics and we may have to just respectfully disagree. IMO your definition of a chart is too narrow...at least according to the dictionary as I understand it...no offence intended! To put it simply, a spreadsheet is always a chart, but a chart may not always be a spreadsheet.

A "spreadsheet" is a relatively modern word that generally refers to a tabular document that can be digitally manipulated on a computer. It is also technically a subset of the older, more general concept of a chart or ledger. A chart has a broader definition. It is any type of document that compiles information, whether numbers or other information, in a tabular format (i.e. in a column and row format). Funnily enough my 1964 edition of The Concise Oxford Dictionary does not even have the word "spreadsheet" in it (LOL)!!! That term would not show up in general usage for almost another 20 years.

So you are certainly welcome to use whatever term you choose, but don't say a chart is not a chart, just because it is not a numbers-orientated spreadsheet.

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey hurnik, now I am really confused!?!

First, are we even referring to the same document? I am talking primarily about the "Club Affiliated Resort Seasons" chart, similar to the 2015 version attached to Post #26 by PigsDad. There is also the "Vacation Planning Calendar". You seem to be referring to the Club Rules document. Both the charts i am referring to are stand-alone documents on the website, so not sure why you have to scroll through a bunch of different pages? Also, both definitely qualify as charts.

As you say, it may just be semantics and we may have to just respectfully disagree. IMO your definition of a chart is too narrow...at least according to the dictionary as I understand it...no offence intended! To put it simply, a spreadsheet is always a chart, but a chart may not always be a spreadsheet.

A "spreadsheet" is a relatively modern word that generally refers to a tabular document that can be digitally manipulated on a computer. It is also technically a subset of the older, more general concept of a chart or ledger. A chart has a broader definition. It is any type of document that compiles information, whether numbers or other information, in a tabular format (i.e. in a column and row format). Funnily enough my 1964 edition of The Concise Oxford Dictionary does not even have the word "spreadsheet" in it (LOL)!!! That term would not show up in general usage for almost another 20 years.

So you are certainly welcome to use whatever term you choose, but don't say a chart is not a chart, just because it is not a numbers-orientated spreadsheet.

The original "chart" I have is the 2015 Club Affiliated Resort Seasons.
The 2018 (and earlier) Planning Calendar just lists the "week" numbers and is useless in terms of a point/season chart (just gives you 3 years and what week #1 is for like 2018, 2019 and 2020).
Page 14-27 in the 2018 Club Rules Reference (let's see that's 13 pages you have to scroll through).

Now we're getting nit-picky so I'm done.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Got this newsletter by email this AM

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.17.35 PM.png

The estoppel on our pending purchase at HGVC Sea World (from another broker) was issued on 12/18/2017, so our activation fee is listed as $560, and based on this, should be honored even though our closing/activation will take place in 2018.

eabishop2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, Mazatlan
Tahiti Village, Las Vegas
HGVC Elara, Las Vegas
Got this newsletter by email this AM

View attachment 5398

The estoppel on our pending purchase at HGVC Sea World (from another broker) was issued on 12/18/2017, so our activation fee is listed as $560, and based on this, should be honored even though our closing/activation will take place in 2018.

I received the same e-mail and I'm also in the process of closing an HGVC sale. My estoppel is dated 12/31/2017! Talk about sneaking in under the wire!

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tracked (just for a general idea of average rate of increases) of the fees (reservation fees, guest cert fees, etc.)?

I don't have any of my old books and stuff, so I'm just curious.
I know my MF on average are like 2-4% increases.

I vaguely recall some of this was tracked when Hilton tried last year (?) to increase one of the fees or something (I think the booking fee?)
But I may be mis-remembering.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Here's what I posted in 2014 for the TUG Advice page

13207012273_f469328423_b.jpg

Column Headings
Club Due (Domestic)
Club Due (International)
HGVC Changeable Reservation Fee (via Online)
HGVC Changeable Reservation Fee (via Phone)
Point Stretching Fee (via Online)
Point Stretching Fee (via Phone)
Guest Confirmation Fee
RCI Reservation Fee (via Online)
RCI Reservation Fee (via Phone)​

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know the answer...Hyatt increased the trading power of certain weeks thus decreasing the value of other weeks even though they kept their trading value the same. How is Hyatt’s deeds different that they could do it?

Hyatt increased the point value of some, mainly Key West, properties but did not decrease the point values of any properties. If by “decreasing the value of other weeks” you meant it was now harder to trade into those properties due to the higher point requirements, you are correct. But no properties saw their points go down.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hyatt increased the point value of some, mainly Key West, properties but did not decrease the point values of any properties. If by “decreasing the value of other weeks” you meant it was now harder to trade into those properties due to the higher point requirements, you are correct. But no properties saw their points go down.
Yes meant now thet do not have enough points to trade into properties that their points would allow them to trade into before because some other weeks increased in point value.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's what I posted in 2014 for the TUG Advice page

13207012273_f469328423_b.jpg

Column Headings
Club Due (Domestic)
Club Due (International)
Guest Confirmation Fee
RCI Reservation Fee (via Phone)​

Wowza, they've sure gone up.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am working on update for the TUG Advice page

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 5.31.58 AM.png

Column Headings
Club Due (Domestic)
Club Due (International)
Guest Confirmation Fee
RCI Reservation Fee (via Phone)

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I also see that the 2018 fees have been revised by Hilton to include the addition of $599 activation fee for resale buyers.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I have read through the change to the 2018 rules (in order to update our HGVC Advice Page). I could have easily miss something else but here is what I found:

• Mostly increases in fees (previously pointed out)
  • The rules have been reformatted from previous years (thus I could have missed something else)
  • Open Season rates have changed again. Now each resort has its own OS rates in Appendix 2
  • Appendix 2 lists the club reservation window, clubPoint and Open Season chart for eash resort separately. The resorts are grouped by area such as Florida, South Carolina, Big Island, Oahu, Las Vegas, Mountain, California, Urban and European resort.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks, I just hope that I didn't miss anything because it is really very boring reading. If someone does find something that I missed, please correct.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Just getting around to taking a closer look at the 2018 Club Member Guide.
The red font are the changes I’ve noticed.

HOME WEEK
After the Home Week Priority Reservation Window ends, Members will no longer have an exclusive window to book their Home Week, however, they may still make a Home Week reservation, subject to availability

CLUB RESERVATIONS
Club reservations require a three (3) night minimum stay in any resort accommodations available within the Club using available ClubPoints during the “Club Reservation Window ” The Club Reservation Window may vary by resort, but generally commences nine (9) months (276 days) prior to the check-out date and ends 30 days prior to check-in. After the Club Reservation Window ends, Members may still make a Club reservation up to one (1) day prior to check-in, subject to availability
• The Club Reservation Window for BW Vacation Suites (also known as Hokulani Waikiki by Hilton Grand Vacations Club) and GI Vacation Suites (also known as Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations Club) commences six (6) months (186 days) prior to the check-out date
• The Club Reservation Window for 57th Street Vacation Suites, HC Suites and
TD Suites begins forty-four (44) days prior to the check-out date​

OPEN SEASON
Notwithstanding the forgoing, the Club may permit persons who are not owners at “by Hilton Club properties” the opportunity to utilize Open Season rental rates to maximize occupancy levels at those properties for the benefit of both the Club and the respective properties.

Open Season rental reservations are available to Members for their personal use only. Check- in dates may be restricted Open Season rental rates are per night and must be paid in full at time of confirmation From time to time, Open Season windows may be expanded to maximize occupancy, promote select resorts or similar purposes
Correction- the highlighted statement above was added in the 2017 Club Member Guide

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
. From time to time, Open Season windows may be expanded to maximize occupancy, promote select resorts or similar purposes .

That’s what I already noticed last year with the trump property in Vegas. At least last year the open season was 90 days. Wonder which (if any) other resort has the expanded option.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I wonder if they expand OS when no one is biting the apple, becuz
of the name, the location, or it simply not being a good deal anymore.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
Really, what does it matter how long open season is when the prices are getting so outrageous? It’s not the bargain it used to be. Instead of extending the season, they need to reduce the prices. Then owners might use it more for last minute/impulse trips.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
OPEN SEASON
Notwithstanding the forgoing, the Club may permit persons who are not owners at “by Hilton Club properties” the opportunity to utilize Open Season rental rates to maximize occupancy levels at those properties for the benefit of both the Club and the respective properties.

Open Season rental reservations are available to Members for their personal use only. Check- in dates may be restricted Open Season rental rates are per night and must be paid in full at time of confirmation From time to time, Open Season windows may be expanded to maximize occupancy, promote select resorts or similar purposes .

Hmmm....I wonder what they intend here as this could mean a bunch of things e.g.

1) Owners can allow guests to use open season.
2) HGVC can offer open season units on Hilton.com
3) HGVC can offer promotions to non-Hilton Club HGVC members - in Hilton Club open season rates are only available to NYC/DC owners

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
That’s what I already noticed last year with the trump property in Vegas. At least last year the open season was 90 days. Wonder which (if any) other resort has the expanded option.
Ah, correction...
I went back and doubled checked. Last year’s guide said the same thing.
I don’t see it mentioned in the 2016 version. Thanks for pointing that out :thumbup:

Last edited: