• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kierland Platinum Plus 2 bedroom

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
an agent had reach out to me selling the Platinum plus 2 bedroom 148k SO's. She wants $13k for it if anyone is interested. Not sure if i can post the info here, so you can just PM me. Just trying to help out. She reached out cause i contacted her over a year ago looking for a second unit.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds fishy to me. These go for 15-17k. If legit, this is a great deal. Was recently told by a reputable agent these were selling well at 17k.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshareking has been selling them for around 12.5K. A couple of TUGgers reported it. I would say if you want a good price to contact him.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Yeah not fishy, I bought mine almost 2yrs ago for $14k.

Tshareking had a couple who had 2 units, so that's why they went at $12.5.

skibummer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV x5 (Scottsdale)
WLR x3 (Cancun)
SVV-Bella x2 (Orlando)
WMH x2 (Palm Springs)
WNORVK (Maui)
Chairman’s Club
Sounds fishy to me. These go for 15-17k. If legit, this is a great deal. Was recently told by a reputable agent these were selling well at 17k.
I wouldn't say it was fishy, but likely a very rare deal. I purchased 2 of the Westin Kierland villas 2 bedroom lock-offs in Platinum Plus season each with 148,100 SO in December 2016 for $12,500 each.

They were from the same seller listed with Russell Kanner (Timeshare King) with one closing cost. I haven't seen any since Dec 2016 for anything close to that price until the one for $13,000 from this thread. I would jump on it for that price as they seem to come up very infrequently for anything less than $14-15,000.

If you are not interested you can PM me with her contact info.

Last edited:

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
I wanted to say, I got offered $12750 last year before I bought my 81 SO unit at svv.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
There are reports in the other thread that people are having trouble renting out top March spring training weeks at WKV, while it had not been a problem previously. One implication being that prices are going down since renting potential is now diminished. It's still good for Staroptions though.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
MF has been going up. Also, for some reason the Tug consensus has changed to SVV from WKV, which I think makes a pretty big difference.

At lower WKV prices, Plat season there is pretty obviously superior to SVV.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
MF has been going up. Also, for some reason the Tug consensus has changed to SVV from WKV, which I think makes a pretty big difference.

It's not because of MF increases. Increases have been very moderate at WKV -- about 3% this year, from $1,495 to $1,543 for the 2bd..

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV

I don’t think tug makes a significant impact in the market, that’s just my opinion of course lol.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I think unless you are looking for a unit to rent, people tend to be moving toward SVV over WKV. At least in today's environment the opportunity costs saved from the lower purchase price can cover the difference in the MF to SO ratio if you had to take on additional SVV weeks to make up any short fall in SOs you have to take with SVV.

MFs at SVV actually went down this year. I was shocked.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I not sure Timeshare King is representative of the market as a whole.
The price is whatever the market will bear. In a perfect market, everyone knows the best price but of course it is always an imperfect market. There are people who will pay more and some will pay less.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
The price is whatever the market will bear. In a perfect market, everyone knows the best price but of course it is always an imperfect market. There are people who will pay more and some will pay less.

As I said earlier, I spoke with a reputable broker (who sells a good bit of WKV) and he said it sells well at 17k. If I was a buyer, I would go with Timeshare King, if I was a seller, probably not.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not because of MF increases. Increases have been very moderate at WKV -- about 3% this year, from $1,495 to $1,543 for the 2bd..

I meant relative to SVV. As the spread on MF gets smaller, I would expect the purchase price spread to get smaller as well.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t think tug makes a significant impact in the market, that’s just my opinion of course lol.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. I suspect a material percentage of people buying resale timeshares do at least a bit of research, and that probably leads many of them to TUG. Whatever the default TUG recommendation is appreciates.

As an example, the default recommendation on the Starwood board a few years ago was SDO to trade through interval, and a 2 bedroom 1-52 went for 1000-1500. Now the default recommendation tends to be SVV mandatory, and those are rising in value while SDO is usually free or close to it.

This has happened with other things as well. Grandview RCI points units come to mind as one example.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the rental prospects of WKV hasn't changed. It's still a hot property in March due to spring break and baseball spring training. You are guaranteed to make a profit over maintenance fees but recently it may not be the huge profit (up to 3x) that owners are use to given the fact that many have posted about it here on this forum in various threads leading others to follow suit which has led to an increase in supply compared to prior years. I would much rather pay the upfront premium for WKV rather than SVV given that Orlando is the worst place to buy a timeshare and the likelihood of recovering your maintenance fees via rental are slim in the years you don't use it.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
So I guess no one is interested? Lol

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Interested in what?
Purchasing this villa?
TUG rules?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As long as it isn't the OPs week that is available, there is no TUG rules violation. They are just referring.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
As long as it isn't the OPs week that is available, there is no TUG rules violation. They are just referring.

So... I have a friend that is looking to sell their XXX for $$$ - anyone interested?
Really?
Interesting...

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
So... I have a friend that is looking to sell their XXX for $$$ - anyone interested?
Really?
Interesting...

TUG is about helping each other and this was offered in that light. I wish I knew about this one before I bought my week. It is a great deal for someone.