• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Kauai Beach Villas/Grand Pacific Resort - ridiculous transfer fee!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I am re-homing 2 of my KBV 1 bedrooms, because we bought some 2 bedrooms, and I just found out that Grand Pacific Resort charges [$595] for the transfer. That is ridiculous!

Not only that, but if you have Wyndham points, you have to pay GPR's fee PLUS the $299 Wyndham fee! OUCH! :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I am re-homing 2 of my KBV 1 bedrooms, because we bought some 2 bedrooms, and I just found out that Grand Pacific Resort charges [$595] for the transfer. That is ridiculous!

Not only that, but if you have Wyndham points, you have to pay GPR's fee PLUS the $299 Wyndham fee! OUCH! :mad::mad::mad:

Wow! Is that a new fee, or was it always that way? I don't remember hearing about it being so high. I wonder if GPR charges the same with other resorts?

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Grand Pacific just took over Jan. 1, 2017. I imagine that it went up then, but I was not aware of it.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Grand Pacific just took over Jan. 1, 2017. I imagine that it went up then, but I was not aware of it.

I knew they had taken over then. I just didn't know if this $695 fee is what they'd always charged.

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know either - first I have heard of it!

vice

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can confirm they hit you with the $695 fee at Makai Club Cottages as well, also have to pay the $299 Wyndham fee if you have a converted to points week. That turned my good deal into a bad deal but had already agreed to pay transfer fees before we found out about the $695.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ouch. Sounds like they are taking a page from the Hyatt book. Isn't Hyatt's standard transfer fee $695 as well?
There is no justifiable reason to charge that much money for the very few minutes it takes to change the name and address of the owner in their records.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
When I gave away my units earlier this year, the fee was $375, with Advanced Financial Company (which handles GPR's HOA billing and payments) handling the transfer. Maybe it's higher if you're using a different transfer company.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Correction: I just looked again and it is $595 - not $695 - my error. I am going to have to check into this.

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Spinnaker was hitting owners with a $1,500 fee a few years ago when I looked into getting rid of a week managed by them at the time. The saving grace was it was applied to future MF charges for that resort week, so in essence a requirement to pay MF’s in advance.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like they'd prefer transfer of ownership or membership to another MF-paying party over downright abandonment. So you'd think transfer fees would be minimal--guess not.

nightnurse613

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, when we transferred a Villas of Sedona they wanted 2 years of maintenance fees paid in advance along with a transfer fee!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Having a high transfer fee that represents pre-payment of maintenance fees is one thing (it protects the resort against transfers to Viking Ships,) but having a high transfer fee that *isn't* credited towards future MF makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. As was pointed out, it seems incredibly counter-productive and against the interest of the HOA (and other owners.)

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
If you have a 1br, 2 bath, ocean view and want to get rid of them, I may be interested. Private email tom@mediapage.com

macmanrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costa Sur PV Mexico

We just bought a 1b at redwolf lakeside lodge a GPR timeshare In Tahoe Vista ca. And that's close to what we paid for all the transfer fees plus we paid the 2019 m/f .

bianchicycle

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Beach Villas
If you are offering to sell your 1 bdr units, are the 1+1 or 1+2? Are they oceN front or what?

If they are 1+2 ocean front you can email me at tom@mediapage.com .