• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are the Membership Types to see different resorts?

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
Hello all,

My in-laws are aging and are talking of transferring their ownership to my wife. But they have seen me as the internet search guy who will do all the work on making the reservations and such.

They have given me access to their username and password and I have poked around on the website and am quite confused.

Why is it we cannot see all the Wyndham resorts? Many are greyed out when I look at the "BOOK" and "Select A Destination".

They have 4 contracts.
1) Presidential Reserve (1+ Million Points) Contract Details UDI
2) Outrigger Resort Club Contract Details UDI
3) Outrigger Resort Club Odd week
4) Outrigger Resort Club Even week

Isn't Presidential the top level? shouldn't I be able to see everything?
It also says they are Platinum Teir

ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS
  • Outrigger Resort Club® by Wyndham
  • Perks by CLUB WYNDHAM®
  • PlusPartners®
Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying to read up on all the different acronyms and such on the TUG site to try and translate many of the threads to see if they are any help, but to no avail

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Are you looking at Worldmark resorts that cannot be booked on-line? ie. Worldmark New Braunfels in TX. If not what is a resort that is greyed out?

Worldmark resorts are a separate timeshare Club, and can only be booked via the Club Pass desk by calling in. Club Pass is an internal exchange network Wyndham has created allowing certain Wyndham members to exchange into Worldmark (and vice versa).

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
At a owners update at Bonnet Creek relatively recently, they had us fill out a form. One of the sections listed ownership types. Club Wyndham Plus, Club Wyndham Access , and Presidential Reserve were listed as different ownership types, among others. If you believe Wyndham, Presidential Reserve is the top tier. Because it has it's own set of rules, I do not think the use of the word Top is appropriate.

As it relates to what ownership types can view what is emerging as a potentially a future issue. Right now most ownership types, I believe, can see the availability of each other at 10 months between Club Wyndham Plus and Club Wyndham Access. Some overlap on other ownership types but I do not know what is showing up where for the other types of Ownership types.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Hello all,

My in-laws are aging and are talking of transferring their ownership to my wife. But they have seen me as the internet search guy who will do all the work on making the reservations and such.

They have given me access to their username and password and I have poked around on the website and am quite confused.

Why is it we cannot see all the Wyndham resorts? Many are greyed out when I look at the "BOOK" and "Select A Destination".

They have 4 contracts.
1) Presidential Reserve (1+ Million Points) Contract Details UDI
2) Outrigger Resort Club Contract Details UDI
3) Outrigger Resort Club Odd week
4) Outrigger Resort Club Even week

Isn't Presidential the top level? shouldn't I be able to see everything?
It also says they are Platinum Teir

ADDITIONAL PROGRAMS
  • Outrigger Resort Club® by Wyndham
  • Perks by CLUB WYNDHAM®
  • PlusPartners®
Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying to read up on all the different acronyms and such on the TUG site to try and translate many of the threads to see if they are any help, but to no avail

We are PR and also have Outrigger. The problem is that lately the inventory and website are both really messed up.

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Should They be able to see all the resorts with their current levels? From what I can tell the site is saying that they don’t have access to all the resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are you looking at Worldmark resorts that cannot be booked on-line? ie. Worldmark New Braunfels in TX. If not what is a resort that is greyed out?

Worldmark resorts are a separate timeshare Club, and can only be booked via the Club Pass desk by calling in. Club Pass is an internal exchange network Wyndham has created allowing certain Wyndham members to exchange into Worldmark (and vice versa).

I am trying to look at resorts trough the myclubwyndham.com site.
When I chose destination from the “Book” function and look at the United States then California (for example) 1/2 of the cities are greyed out

(Tried to insert photo but tapa talk wouldn’t let me)

Sorry I’m new to this. My in laws were good at understanding the intricacies of the reservation system. Unfortunately their memory is failing them and the website just changed. So I’m trying to figure out how the to use 1.5M points since we will inherit them

So I’m able to look at resorts on the myclubwyndam.com site and see that some of the greyed out are Wyndham club pass resorts. Are you saying that this fancy site requires me to call in and make reservations?

Last edited:

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IMG_3832.JPG

Screenshot added

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At a owners update at Bonnet Creek relatively recently, they had us fill out a form. One of the sections listed ownership types. Club Wyndham Plus, Club Wyndham Access , and Presidential Reserve were listed as different ownership types, among others. If you believe Wyndham, Presidential Reserve is the top tier. Because it has it's own set of rules, I do not think the use of the word Top is appropriate.

As it relates to what ownership types can view what is emerging as a potentially a future issue. Right now most ownership types, I believe, can see the availability of each other at 10 months between Club Wyndham Plus and Club Wyndham Access. Some overlap on other ownership types but I do not know what is showing up where for the other types of Ownership types.

I was using the Book function and hadn’t even added a date to trigger the 10 month window. I just wanted to see the resorts.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
The greyed out resorts absolutely appear to be Worldmark. Worldmark is a separate club and is only available to Wyndham owners through Club Pass.

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The greyed out resorts absolutely appear to be Worldmark. Worldmark is a separate club and is only available to Wyndham owners through Club Pass.

Thanks so this one website serves different groups of owners/members. I see some. Others see some. But unless you own world mark and Wyndham you don’t see both?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of Wyndham representative referred to the Additional Programs section as features. You have a few listed. Wyndham Club Pass is is a exchange program between Wyndham Club Plus/Access and Worldmark where reservations can be given to each other by use of their respective points systems. I do not believe point discounts due to VIP status are given in this program. The Wyndham Outriger Ownership Type(s) and Wyndham Club Plus/Access give some rights to use Outrigger Resorts. You probably will not be able to see inventory in all Ownership Types. Just ones that you may be eligable for that Wyndham has elected to make available. I am getting the impression that you may not have seen the directories yet. They are available through the Wyndham site. Pay particular attention to the Wyndham Club Plus 2014-2015 directory and the 2017 supplement to the directory.

A number of resorts have inventory in both Worldmark and Wyndham Club Plus/Access. I have heard it said that Wyndham Club Plus/Access tend to be better maintained.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Thanks so this one website serves different groups of owners/members. I see some. Others see some. But unless you own world mark and Wyndham you don’t see both?

The website is only used by Club Wyndham owners. Worldmark owners have their own website.

All the greyed out resorts in your screenshot are WM resorts. They are just there as a come-along - letting you know they can be booked - but not via the website and only if you have access to Club Pass. If you drill-down to the resort page you will see the message "WYNDHAM Club Pass resorts may be booked by calling 800-251-8736."

I own Club Wyndham and Worldmark, and they are greyed out for me also.

To make it more confusing you will see some Worldmark resorts aka Worldmark Anaheim that are available to you. Those are Worldmark resorts where Club Wyndham has acquired some units at that resort and they can be booked by Wyndham members. But the one's greyed out are WM resorts available via Club Pass.

Last edited:

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The website is only used by Club Wyndham owners. Worldmark owners have their own website.

All the greyed out resorts in your screenshot are WM resorts. They are just there as a come-along - letting you know they can be booked - but not via the website and only if you have access to Club Pass. If you drill-down to the resort page you will see the message "WYNDHAM Club Pass resorts may be booked by calling 800-251-8736."

I own Club Wyndham and Worldmark, and they are greyed out for me also.

To make it more confusing you will see some Worldmark resorts aka Worldmark Anaheim that are available to you. Those are Worldmark resorts where Club Wyndham has acquired some units at that resort and they can be booked by Wyndham members. But the one's greyed out are WM resorts available via Club Pass.

Thanks. As they say. “Clear as mud”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is confusing. By design, so they always have something to sell you. Even as a Presidential Reserve member they will have something that you really need to buy to improve your acct.

There are different clubs with completely different owners. Wyndham is the developer/manager for those different Clubs. There is no single membership that can see everything.

Last edited:

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
You know I've seen this in a number of forums i frequent. Someone not knowledgeable about what they suddenly have to deal with posts a question and followup replies early on seem to have a little bit to do with the question but further replies start discussing stuff which is not pertinent to the question.

The original poster asked one question, and he posted the details of the existing contracts which should be enough to get a proper answer. But instead, the subsequent replies seem to bring up something particular to that poster's situation, and soon the discussion devolves into different things only somewhat related to the original poster's request for help.

I'm new as a Wyndham owner so I can't answer the original question, but I know there are tons of veterans who can at least begin to help the OP. To recap, he listed all the contracts owned and asked only one question:

"Why is it we cannot see all the Wyndham resorts? Many are greyed out when I look at the "BOOK" and "Select A Destination".

Can anyone answer that question for the OP?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The question has been answered multiple times by multiple people. The locations that are greyed out are locations where there is a Worldmark resort. Worldmark is a completely separate Club and cannot be booked via the website.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
"Why is it we cannot see all the Wyndham resorts? Many are greyed out when I look at the "BOOK" and "Select A Destination".

Can anyone answer that question for the OP?

It's been answered, but it could only have been speculated on until the OP later posted a screenshot of which resorts were greyed out. The answer was that those are not Wyndham resorts at all, but Worldmark resorts that can be booked by some Wyndham owners via Club Pass, which cannot be done online but only by calling in to the Wyndham call center.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resorts directory might help you. You can see the Club Wyndham Resorts inside. Page 6 shows the Wyndham resorts and then the club pass resorts - those are the ones where you are unlikely to see any inventory. After all of the information about resorts, there is a LOT of information you should read about how to use the points, rules, membership levels (you are VIP Platinum), etc.: https://www.myclubwyndham.com/resou...ng/directories/pdf/1491-2016 CW DIrectory.pdf

Also, here is a link to the supplement with the rule changes. You will also need to read this since some things have changed: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory_supplement1718/index.php#/1

Reading the Directory will help you know what you are looking at. Best of luck!

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The resorts directory might help you. You can see the Club Wyndham Resorts inside. Page 6 shows the Wyndham resorts and then the club pass resorts - those are the ones where you are unlikely to see any inventory. After all of the information about resorts, there is a LOT of information you should read about how to use the points, rules, membership levels (you are VIP Platinum), etc.: https://www.myclubwyndham.com/resources/images/mycw/happening/directories/pdf/1491-2016 CW DIrectory.pdf

Also, here is a link to the supplement with the rule changes. You will also need to read this since some things have changed: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory_supplement1718/index.php#/1

Reading the Directory will help you know what you are looking at. Best of luck!

Thank you for this information, I will give it a nice long read. then come back with more questions.

jaygould

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What your in-laws are turning over to your wife are not worth what they had to pay for it (hundreds of thousands of dollars) but are certainly worth what she is paying for it ($0) as long as you can use all those points. The annual maintenance fees are worth what you get as long as you like going on that many vacations annually at Wyndham resorts. That is an easier proposition if you live in the eastern half of the country since that is where most of the Wyndham resorts are (the ones that are not greyed out on the website). Worldmark resorts (the greyed-out resorts) tend to be in the western half of the country and are not as good a deal for Wyndham owners because you have to pay a booking fee and have to book them on the phone.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to look at resorts trough the myclubwyndham.com site. When I chose destination from the “Book” function and look at the United States then California (for example) 1/2 of the cities are greyed out.

If you just want to look at the resorts to learn about them before calling to make a reservation, you just click on "resorts" at the top of the page. You can then get information about each resort. You can't do this through booking and you won't be able to see available inventory.

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What your in-laws are turning over to your wife are not worth what they had to pay for it (hundreds of thousands of dollars) but are certainly worth what she is paying for it ($0) as long as you can use all those points. The annual maintenance fees are worth what you get as long as you like going on that many vacations annually at Wyndham resorts. That is an easier proposition if you live in the eastern half of the country since that is where most of the Wyndham resorts are (the ones that are not greyed out on the website). Worldmark resorts (the greyed-out resorts) tend to be in the western half of the country and are not as good a deal for Wyndham owners because you have to pay a booking fee and have to book them on the phone.

Thanks for the insight. They lived in Hawaii so they used the Hawaii resorts quite a bit.

Too bad I can’t determine availability online for the world mark locations. Hate to call just to chase down availability across locations

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too bad I can’t determine availability online for the world mark locations. Hate to call just to chase down availability across locations

If I were you, I would focus on the Wyndham locations you could visit since they would be the most economic use of your points. You will not get VIP benefits from Worldmark locations, you will need to pay an additional $99 on top of the points, housekeeping, and reservation transactions to book them as well. You cannot book before 9 months while everyone else gets a jump on booking, so the most highly sought after resorts/rooms will likely be gone, and it would be a challenge to pick up a last minute cancellation without being able to browse.

If you are really interested in booking Worldmark, a good question to ask Worldmark owners here is which resorts/locations tend to book fully and quickly or which ones don't. They when you call, you aren't chasing blindly but would have a more educated guess at which places would be more likely to have availability for you. I own resale, so I have no access to Club Pass and I do not own Worldmark, so I am not much help other than advice about what information you might find helpful.

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I were you, I would focus on the Wyndham locations you could visit since they would be the most economic use of your points. You will not get VIP benefits from Worldmark locations, you will need to pay an additional $99 on top of the points, housekeeping, and reservation transactions to book them as well. You cannot book before 9 months while everyone else gets a jump on booking, so the most highly sought after resorts/rooms will likely be gone, and it would be a challenge to pick up a last minute cancellation without being able to browse.

If you are really interested in booking Worldmark, a good question to ask Worldmark owners here is which resorts/locations tend to book fully and quickly or which ones don't. They when you call, you aren't chasing blindly but would have a more educated guess at which places would be more likely to have availability for you. I own resale, so I have no access to Club Pass and I do not own Worldmark, so I am not much help other than advice about what information you might find helpful.
thanks again for the information and advice. More and more it sounds like we suggest to the in-laws to sell the 2+ million points and just put that into the inheritance.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Those point would sell for several thousand dollars, at best. The current value of their account lies mainly in the VIP benefits, which do not transfer via sale but only by transfer to a relative.