• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grandview At Las Vegas -- Bill For 2018 Maintenance Fees ?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
It's getting late in the year not yet to have received my Grandview bill for 2018 maintenance fees, so I am semi-concerned that I have not seen mine.

Assuming the bills went out, either mine was not delivered or I overlooked it & let it get lost.

What's the experience of other TUG Grandview owners ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It's getting late in the year not yet to have received my Grandview bill for 2018 maintenance fees, so I am semi-concerned that I have not seen mine.

Assuming the bills went out, either mine was not delivered or I overlooked it & let it get lost.

What's the experience of other TUG Grandview owners ?

I just checked on the Daily Management Resorts website and none of my 3 deeds are showing any 2018 maintenance fees yet. I'm not sure but am thinking that the bills don't come until closer to December.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I remembered my Grandview owner password & was able to take a look at my account on-line. Nothing showed as owing, so maybe bills have not yet gone out.

I found it interesting that the account history is shown all the way back to the beginning, about 10 years before we bought our eBay Grandview triennial points unit.

The earliest annual maintenance fee amount shown is $98.10 (for 2006). The annual amount I paid last year is $127.50. Who knows what it will be for 2018 ?

m4travels

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about this just a few days back so went into the history and saw that most of the time it was sent out in late October, usually around the 20th or so. The money is put aside to pay for it based on last year but I'm just a bit nervous it's going up.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked yesterday online and still nothing yet. Prior couple years bill had posted around Nov. 3-5. So a bit late, yes.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I spoke with them yesterday as I was getting my second GV account added to my login. I asked about this as previous owners on both my accounts were always paying beginning of November. They said MF should be invoiced around this Thursday.

By the way in my RCI account on right side it says use your VV extra certificates for another vacation. When I click it takes me to exchanges. Anybody know what this is and how it works?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
VV typically gives certificates for extra weeks to folks that buy from the developer; might have slipped through to you accidentally. They’re good up to a certain undisclosed value in RCI points/TPU for a week up to 45 days out, you just have to pay the exchange fee.

I don’t own at Grandview, but instead at Massanutten, a different VV resort. One thing they also do in order to entice early payment of MFs, is offer what they call a tradingpower boost for you in RCI; basically a developer week that is worth ~8 TPU, but expires in 3-4 months. Got a couple by paying early this year and combined them to get a 16 TPU deposit good for 2 years for just the combine fee ($129 less 10% for platinum).

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, a MF for $127.50 that must be the lowest in the industry.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
VV typically gives certificates for extra weeks to folks that buy from the developer; might have slipped through to you accidentally. They’re good up to a certain undisclosed value in RCI points/TPU for a week up to 45 days out, you just have to pay the exchange fee.
We're resale all the way (eBay), & we still get those RCI Vacation Village Extra Vacation Certificates. (Formerly we owned 3 eBay triennial points units at Vacation Village At Parkway. Currently we own 1 eBay triennial points unit at Grandview At Las Vegas.)

The RCI Vacation Village Extra Vacation Certificates are not always great bargains, just sometimes, but we check'm anyway whenever we're ready to seek out another timeshare reservation.

The Extra Vacation Certificates & the special RCI phone numbers for RCI members who own Vacation Village timeshares get me wondering what kind of special arrangement there might between the RCI company (owned by Wyndham) & the Vacation Village Resorts company (not owned by Wyndham far as I know).

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
VV is separate from Wyndham. You can see what resorts they own or are affiliated with on their web site at http://www.vacationvillageresorts.com/VVR/. They’ve got a few special arrangements with RCI similar to the RCI Platinum membership, but with different names (Vacation Village Plus or Premium) that they’ve pitched to us at updates the last couple of times we’ve done them.

Not sure what kind of bonus week arrangements other RCI resorts give in RCI, but I’ve seen similar arrangements with other exchanges or ICE for other resorts. These ones (VV extra vacations) strike me as probably representing exchanges for developer weeks deposited w/RCI for which VV or their reps at RCI control the use, meaning they’ll be ~8 TPU or an equivalent level of points with short expiration dates that they haven’t been able to rent. Just my speculation, of course.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
The Extra Vacation Certificates & the special RCI phone numbers for RCI members who own Vacation Village timeshares get me wondering what kind of special arrangement there might between the RCI company (owned by Wyndham) & the Vacation Village Resorts company (not owned by Wyndham far as I know)

I often wonder same thing since VV seems to have the best points to MF ratio of almost all point resorts

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is the $127.50 the annual MF for a triennial use week? That would make more sense to me.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Is the $127.50 the annual MF for a triennial use week?
It's the annual fee for triennial timeshare week.

Our use year comes up 1 year out of 3. But it's a points unit, so that's mox nix because we get 1/3 of the use-year's worth of points every year (& every year we pay 1/3 of the use-year's maintenance fee).

We formerly owned a triennial points timeshare at a different resort that's another link in the same corporate chain. For that, we got billed for the full use-year's maintenance fee for our use year, then nothing for our off years even though we still received 1/3 of our use-year points every year. I don't know how come they do it different ways at different timeshares.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I still have not received a Grandview bill for the 2018 maintenance fee.

But I was able to look up the amount by logging into my account on the management company's web site.

For 2018, the fee for my 1BR points triennial unit is $133.84. (For 2017, it was $125.50.)

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
We recently went through an upgrade with Vacation Village at Grandview to their Platinum program. I don't know if Platinum is different from Premium but we did get a few perks that we didn't have before. The Extra Vacation Certificates are now 2-90 days out as opposed to 2-45 days, which is pretty significant to us. We also get free membership to Sam's Club, discounted "internal" trades through RCI ($119 vs $199 in the past), and free travel insurance as long as we're traveling to/from a Vacation Village location or affiliate.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
We recently went through an upgrade with Vacation Village at Grandview to their Platinum program. I don't know if Platinum is different from Premium but we did get a few perks that we didn't have before. The Extra Vacation Certificates are now 2-90 days out as opposed to 2-45 days, which is pretty significant to us. We also get free membership to Sam's Club, discounted "internal" trades through RCI ($119 vs $199 in the past), and free travel insurance as long as we're traveling to/from a Vacation Village location or affiliate.

What kind of fee did they charge you?

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
We added 1BR to have the full 2BR. Cost $6k

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Bill for 2018 maintenance fee was received in today's USPS mail delivery.

Bill is dated 11-16-2017.

Subtracted $5 voluntary ARDA contribution & sent in the rest (via bank's internet billpayer service).