• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First hgvc in japan

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/mori-trust-hilton-grand-vacations-141200637.html
Mori Trust, Hilton Grand Vacations and Hilton today announced an agreement to construct a new mixed-use development on Sesokojima Island, Okinawa, marking the first alliance between Mori Trust and Hilton Grand Vacations, as well as the latter’s first announced dedicated timeshare resort in the Japanese market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is definitely only to cater for the Japanese market. I guess that’s why the resort will be a Smaller one.

Will be fun to follow with price points and such.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is definitely only to cater for the Japanese market. I guess that’s why the resort will be a Smaller one.

Will be fun to follow with price points and such.
Why only to cater? Okinawa is full of history. . I want to go.. :)

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. Perhaps @Cyberc is referring to the resort being small so it will be hard to make a reservation.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. Perhaps @Cyberc is referring to the resort being small so it will be hard to make a reservation.
132 rooms doesn't seem that small in my mind. ..

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
With ~20% Japanese owners in the HGVC system, it makes sense that they would add a resort on Japanese soil. I like having new locations. It will also give us new options. I just hope that they keep expanding.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
With ~20% Japanese owners in the HGVC system, it makes sense that they would add a resort on Japanese soil. I like having new locations. It will also give us new options. I just hope that they keep expanding.
3 more resorts all over japan would be amazing. Follow that up with maybe a few in Vietnam, Singapore and south Korea, add a few more in Europe . ..and all of a sudden hgvc becomes a true multinational timeshare system...

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
3 more resorts all over japan would be amazing. Follow that up with maybe a few in Vietnam, Singapore and south Korea, add a few more in Europe . ..and all of a sudden hgvc becomes a true multinational timeshare system...

I agree 100% but I would also add the caribbean to your list. I could use South Korea now on your list since we have family there and are traveling every couple of years. Jeju Island & Seoul in South Korea would be great locations for HGVC.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree 100% but I would also add the caribbean to your list. I could use South Korea now on your list since we have family there and are traveling every couple of years. Jeju Island & Seoul in South Korea would be great locations for HGVC.
Carribean is pretty low on my list. I get the desire.. but in my experience. .quality control of island accommodations isn't always up to expectations. Probably why I prefer the large floating hotels. ;)

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
132 rooms doesn't seem that small in my mind. ..

132 is not that big either. The number of units may also be relative because of how densely populated Japan is.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

Agree, that would be nice...

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score

We just spent 3 weeks traveling through Japan this past summer. We stayed at Airbnbs. It would have been nice to spend a little time at an HGVC timeshare. Of course any HGVC timeshare in Japan is likely to be where Japanses want to vacation and probably not in major metropolitan areas.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

They are going to keep expanding, at least in the short term. At the last investor call they said they had lots of expansion planned, with 3 new resorts to be announced soon. The highlighted Mexico, Caribbean, and Japan as the most promising. Obviously Japan has now been announced. Hopefuly the others will be announced soon.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
At the last investor call they said they had lots of expansion planned, with 3 new resorts to be announced soon. The highlighted Mexico, Caribbean, and Japan as the most promising.

Always good to hear about expansion. Have you posted the link to the investor call?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
They are going to keep expanding, at least in the short term. At the last investor call they said they had lots of expansion planned, with 3 new resorts to be announced soon. The highlighted Mexico, Caribbean, and Japan as the most promising. Obviously Japan has now been announced. Hopefuly the others will be announced soon.
As someone based out of the NE, the Caribbean sounds very appealing to me. Already own 3 weeks at Harborside Atlantis and 3 weeks at Westin St John. WSJ will take some time to come back after the storms. So, having another option will be nice.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for posting. Very informative.

Glad you found that useful, i usually read or listen to these calls and will try to post the links in the future. While geared towards stockholders or financial analysts, there is often stuff relevant to timeshare owners as well...

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Phase II of Ocean Oaks on Hilton Head Island (~65 additional all 2-Bd units) is expected to break ground later this month.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Phase II of Ocean Oaks on Hilton Head Island (~65 additional all 2-Bd units) is expected to break ground later this month.
Good to hear, although I think parking will be a nightmare.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Ocean Tower at Waikoloa

Yes, stated start sales in early 18 and expect to open the first phase in fourth quarter of 18. This project is going to be a higher price product than others at Waikoloa.

bjcnm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad seapointe
Oyster Bay
Vida Vacations
I was told at a recent time share presentation that some charities will take vacation weeks to raffle as fun raisers. How true is that?