• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI & Aruba

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever does this? If so, how was it? Any issues or things people should know before doing it?

Thanks in advance.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Has anyone ever does this? If so, how was it? Any issues or things people should know before doing it?

Thanks in advance.
What exactly are you referring to? Are you wanting to know how to exchange into Aruba through RCI or do you have a question specific to Wyndham?

NHTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've used RCI for a couple stays in New England, but never out of the country. My nephew and his new wife would like to go to Aruba, but all the package deals I have been able to find run from $4,000-$5,000. Most are all inclusive, which I really don't know much about. If I go through RCI, it looks like I could possibly get a unit for 7 days under $500. The flights from here for two people will be about $1,500. So they would be up to $2,000. Of course, they will most likely rent a car. A lot of islands have utility fees. Is Aruba one of them? Some fees were per night. And they would still need food. I don't know what resorts down there are good and what ones to avoid.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I've used RCI for a couple stays in New England, but never out of the country. My nephew and his new wife would like to go to Aruba, but all the package deals I have been able to find run from $4,000-$5,000. Most are all inclusive, which I really don't know much about. If I go through RCI, it looks like I could possibly get a unit for 7 days under $500. The flights from here for two people will be about $1,500. So they would be up to $2,000. Of course, they will most likely rent a car. A lot of islands have utility fees. Is Aruba one of them? Some fees were per night. And they would still need food. I don't know what resorts down there are good and what ones to avoid.

You need to be careful about which resort you reserve. Many are all-inclusive and will end up costing much more than the $500 initially stated. Read the resort description closely. The Marriotts, La Cabana and a few others are not all-inclusive but the Divi resorts mostly are...

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts

Thanks in advance.
I have done Aruba thru RCI. Divi Village Golf and Beach, Playa Linda and Aruba Beach Club. None of these are all-inclusive. All had kitchens.

You'll have to pay energy fees and taxes at checkin (or checkout.)

Theousaf

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance.
We own seven Aruba Timeshares and usually rent out five every year. As with many properties the rental time of year drives the price. Go in July, pay $800/week, go in February and that same unit might be $2,400. Aruba has about 300 restaurants, many are really good to excellent which is why I would never go all inclusive.

Edited: Advertising in this forum is not allowed. Parts of this post have been removed

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All - I'm trying to do a bit of Christmas gift research. My mother in law set up a week via RCI (but appears to be their vacation subsidiary - not actually RCI). It is for a studio at Sasaki apartments. I was hoping to get gift certificate for a nearby restaurant/spa....but doesn't seem like there is much in this area. Their website talks only about a taco bell and pizza hut within walking distance. There is a Superfoods nearby too.

Does anyone know if there is anything else within walking distance of this place that would make a nice gift card for xmas?

https://www.sasaki-apartments.com/location/

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
quinta del Carmen is closer and I think better than MJ. Walk it? maybe. I definitely would NOT walk to MJ, or taco bell, or pizza hut. you need a car at this location.