• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Cancellation

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
I have an II reservation for the week after Thanksgiving at Marriott's Custom House, but due to health issues, we're not going to be able to go. I didn't do any insurance when I confirmed the original reservation, so at this point I don't know what my options are and what would be best. Any advice would be great as I just can't research this issue at this point.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Joe,
Sorry for your health issues.

You can gift it to a friend or family member ... which I am sure you know.

You could arrange a (very) private swap with someone.... could be for their beach condo, another timeshare stay, mountain home, etc. PM if totally uncertain.

Could give it to Wounded Warriors (I have no idea HOW but search TUG).

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am assuming that you did not add E-Plus. You can still retrade but with flex restriction or you can cancel and get a flex restricted replacement deposit. The latter sounds like the best option.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I am assuming that you did not add E-Plus. You can still retrade but with flex restriction or you can cancel and get a flex restricted replacement deposit. The latter sounds like the best option.
Agreed. You will get a restricted week to use and have to pay another exchange fee. Probably not a lot more than the cost of insurance if you had bought it in the beginning, so no real harm. I think that you can add eplus to your replacement week to extend that week for additional time. Saints Fan is the expert on that. :)

And sorry to hear of the health issues. Been there, done that. It's not fun. I hope that the trouble passes quickly and that you can make good use of your replacement week.

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Thanks for all the help. I'm going to go with the cancellation with flex restricted deposit and see what I can do with that.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I'm going to go with the cancellation with flex restricted deposit and see what I can do with that.

With E-Plus you can take that 60 day restriction and make it up to 240 days. If you are able to do a dummy non-restricted search you can see what is available and then you make the initial exchange followed by subsequent exchanges until you hit the one you want.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
With E-Plus you can take that 60 day restriction and make it up to 240 days. If you are able to do a dummy non-restricted search you can see what is available and then you make the initial exchange followed by subsequent exchanges until you hit the one you want.

Or call on the phone and they can remove the restriction if the guide you get is nice. ;)
You won't see it online but the guides can do it.
Feel better soon.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Also, it's been reported that Shortstay is not flex restricted. There can be some very nice shortstays available.....

Good luck!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You can add that insurance protection up to the day before check-in, according to a guide I talked to two weeks ago.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can add that insurance protection up to the day before check-in, according to a guide I talked to two weeks ago.

Why would you want to add insurance the day before check-in? It can’t cover something previously known. II can flap their lips to the wind but they aren’t the ones paying the claim.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

Can you add e-trade up to the last minute too?

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
You can e-trade up to the last moment. But buying stock at such a critical time doesn't seem wize (sarcasm) :rolleyes:

If you mean 'e-plus,' then...

You can elect to purchase E-Plus at the time of exchange or within five days after confirmation. If you use Request First or Deposit First, you can elect to pay for E-Plus at that time or within 5 days of confirmation of your week.

So, no.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Why would you want to add insurance the day before check-in? It can’t cover something previously known. II can flap their lips to the wind but they aren’t the ones paying the claim.
Insurance usually only covers preexisting conditions if the insurance was purchased within a certain number of days of initial trip payment. Travel Insurance would not help the OP now. Best to just cancel and take a flex restricted cancellation replacement.

MissRumphius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
I also find I have an Interval trade without E-Plus for December. My deposit expired in January. If I do the cancel/flex restricted deposit/Eplus plan outlined above am I still limited to the January expiration?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I also find I have an Interval trade without E-Plus for December. My deposit expired in January. If I do the cancel/flex restricted deposit/Eplus plan outlined above am I still limited to the January expiration?
If you cancel now, you will get a cancellation replacement with a new expiration date of one year from the current date. You can then pull a new trade, add ePlus and get another year beyond the exchange checkin date.

MissRumphius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you cancel now, you will get a cancellation replacement with a new expiration date of one year from the current date. You can then pull a new trade, add ePlus and get another year beyond the exchange checkin date.

Wow! I had no idea! Thanks so much

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI

However, you need to do this before the 59 day mark before check in. After that point, you are limited to trading within those 59 days. As a result, if you are going to cancel, make sure it is more than 59 days before; I usually try for a week or two before that date to give me a cushion in case I miscounted.

Sue

MissRumphius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I talked to Interval and the person I spoke to said that it was questionable whether I could a E-Plus on a cancellation certificate. She pushed retrade. Cynic that I am, I'm wondering if that's just an effort to get the new fees sooner rather than later.

Has anybody had an issue with getting E-Plus on a certificate?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure what a cancellation "certificate" is. That makes it sounds like an AC. You can't add E-Plus to an AC but you can add E-Plus to any deposit and that definitely includes a cancellation deposit. You can even add E-Plus to a 30 day restricted deposit although I find the best use for those are short stays where there is no window restriction besides what is available for short stays.

MissRumphius

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks . I had a reservation that I cancelled. You addressed cancellation deposit which I think is the term I should have used. I apparently was confused on terminology

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score

Saintsfanfl - Can you explain this a little more? How does one get 240 days out of a 59-day or 30-day restricted cancellation week replacement certificate?