• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVC Owner website changes (Merged / Now Search DC Inventory Before Electing Points]

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
I just got an email from MVC touting the following:
Bold text is mine

"You asked for an improved reservation experience and we're turning your request into reality. As part of our commitment to vacation ownership excellence, we're delivering several additional enhancements to our Owner website.

But this is just the beginning. Watch for future website enhancements for weeks owners reserving their week(s).

Owners enrolled in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations® Exchange Program can now search all vacations that use Vacation Club Points BEFORE electing to trade their week for Vacation Club Points. Also, Vacation Club Point Owners can search for availability regardless of their Vacation Club Points balance. We know you'll love those changes PLUS the following enhancements..."

It's about time. not sure why this hasn't been available a long time ago

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from MVC touting the following:
Bold text is mine

"You asked for an improved reservation experience and we're turning your request into reality. As part of our commitment to vacation ownership excellence, we're delivering several additional enhancements to our Owner website.

But this is just the beginning. Watch for future website enhancements for weeks owners reserving their week(s).

Owners enrolled in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations® Exchange Program can now search all vacations that use Vacation Club Points BEFORE electing to trade their week for Vacation Club Points. Also, Vacation Club Point Owners can search for availability regardless of their Vacation Club Points balance. We know you'll love those changes PLUS the following enhancements..."

It's about time. not sure why this hasn't been available a long time ago
Great news, if I understand this correctly - no longer will I have to phone to check availability before deciding whether to elect for points or not.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
That is great news.. I always found it frustrating that i could only see availability for my point balance. In a lot of ways i would think this might help them sell additional points to people. I know with HGVC i can always see whats available, even if i don't have the points. That just made me want to add some points to get the resort or view i wanted.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Sorry to say....but unless this went out before the enhancements were triggered...which I doubt.... I think this is the same enhancement we have had for a few months now...since their last upgrade. I just did a test...and you can still only see a listing of villa sizes available (1BR, 2BR, etc) on the calendar days shown, but it still does not appear to allow you to select a specific check in date to see exactly what villa size and view type combo is available and how many points that will run you if you don't have the points available in your account.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Sorry to say....but unless this went out before the enhancements were triggered...which I doubt.... I think this is the same enhancement we have had for a few months now...since their last upgrade. I just did a test...and you can still only see a listing of villa sizes available (1BR, 2BR, etc) on the calendar days shown, but it still does not appear to allow you to select a specific check in date to see exactly what villa size and view type combo is available and how many points that will run you if you don't have the points available in your account.
My experience as well. No changes seen. :wall:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
But on to the topic of "real news".....I ran across this Andy Warhol paining of jont in Savanna a couple weeks ago.

36958729480_8a2225d50f_c.jpg

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Like far out man! What a handsome guy.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Like far out man! What a handsome guy.

wow, it's a classic for sure.......wonder how much $$,$$$,$$$ it'll go for?

by any chance is it titled "Dude Moods"?

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I saw this email today, and got excited. I'm one who really hates not being able to see inventory down to the exact view and size for any day at any resort....with any number of DC pts. However, after further glance at the website...I see no difference. What a disappointment. Boo to MVC IT departments user experience team.

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too had the same email, unfortunately there were no instructions on where to find the cool Any Warhol pic, we're in Hilton Head in May, so looks like we may have to visit a few bars (Bummer).

As for the MVC site, seems to work, they've even added "We've made changes based on your feedback, please tell us what you think."

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I too had the same email, unfortunately there were no instructions on where to find the cool Any Warhol pic, we're in Hilton Head in May, so looks like we may have to visit a few bars (Bummer).

As for the MVC site, seems to work, they've even added "We've made changes based on your feedback, please tell us what you think."
Great email, the new online booking facility for points looks nice. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. Server error right at the end when you click to make the booking. Back to using the telephone today.

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
Not working for me either sent email to Marriott yesterday no response so far

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
I saw this email today, and got excited. I'm one who really hates not being able to see inventory down to the exact view and size for any day at any resort....with any number of DC pts. However, after further glance at the website...I see no difference. What a disappointment. Boo to MVC IT departments user experience team.

For me I see a difference as I can now search availability for 2018 even though I have no points available there yet. Unless I missed it last time but I remember checking it a few months ago and I was not able to do this. I'm sure your request is next in line for their "future enhancements". :banana:

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
For me I see a difference as I can now search availability for 2018 even though I have no points available there yet. Unless I missed it last time but I remember checking it a few months ago and I was not able to do this. I'm sure your request is next in line for their "future enhancements". :banana:

Great. I didn't check that. That is another one of my pet peeves, not being able to check inventory prior to selecting DC pts. Good to hear they are perhaps moving in the right direction to close the gap. I just wish they would close the others in a more expedient fashion. I'm really unsure what the value to them of not showing immediate inventory down to the exact day, view, size To you point...I hope that is coming in the next "future enhancement". Fingers crossed.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've used it a few time and really like the improved search functions. When I try to book, I'm given options to choose how to allocate points, including using banked points. However, every time I try to allocate the banked points, I receive an error message and have to start all over. I then have to redo the reservation and select current year points to confirm the reservation, and then call MVC to switch point allocation.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not just the website having problems.
Just trying to call Owner Services on the normal number to make a booking.
I get the recorded message
“The number you have dialled has been disconnected or is no longer in service”
The same if I use their Click to Talk facility to get a callback.
Wonderful!

Update: although it was still a very strange recorded message, it seems that Storm Ophelia took out all the phone lines at our local Owner Services in Cork.
After almost 2 hours, I was routed through to the US half expecting everything I wanted to be already gone because of the delay.
Thankfully though, I still got the 2 weeks in St Kitts and 2 weeks in Phuket that I wanted, so all is well that ends well.

Last edited:

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not just the website having problems.
Just trying to call Owner Services on the normal number to make a booking.
I get the recorded message
“The number you have dialled has been disconnected or is no longer in service”
The same if I use their Click to Talk facility to get a callback.
Wonderful!

Update: although it was still a very strange recorded message, it seems that Storm Ophelia took out all the phone lines at our local Owner Services in Cork.
After almost 2 hours, I was routed through to the US half expecting everything I wanted to be already gone because of the delay.
Thankfully though, I still got the 2 weeks in St Kitts and 2 weeks in Phuket that I wanted, so all is well that ends well.

The Sun Always shines on you Barry - You Lucky Man

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Sun Always shines on you Barry - You Lucky Man
Thank you.
It was certainly very pleasing to confirm these today, as I will be on a train next Monday and a plane the following Monday, so it would have been far more of a challenge trying to book then.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've used it a few time and really like the improved search functions. When I try to book, I'm given options to choose how to allocate points, including using banked points. However, every time I try to allocate the banked points, I receive an error message and have to start all over. I then have to redo the reservation and select current year points to confirm the reservation, and then call MVC to switch point allocation.
I have just made my latest online points booking for 2018.
The system initially allocated, by default, my recently elected points from 2 of my 2018 weeks.
However, the option below where it showed this, to change my allocation, did work successfully (albeit the cursor position/visibility was not very clear)
It did though allow me to select use of all my previously banked points and correspondingly reduce the selected use of my recently elected points.
So although this option probably still needs some work to tweak it, I am pleased that I can now at least do this.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
one of my major reasons for not electing points was not knowing if there was availability. It’s tough to relinquish a week for points on the hope you can book what you want and not getting enough points to book your home resort week if there’s nothing available in the points inventory.

Now you can search first, confirm there’s inventory available, then elect points and book your week. To bad I didn’t know for certai. This was coming. If I had, I might have elected points instead of depositing my week and waiting for a match. For me this finally gives us the flexibility to fully use MVC’s points program.

Steve A

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could someone tell me how to search for available times using destination club points. I've only converted a week to points once and I don't remember any of the process so if somebody could help me out I would appreciate it.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score