• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to change some of the names on the deed of a red week at Desert springs villas II unit

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas II (Red)
Does anyone know process to do this for Desert Springs II villas?

My brother and wife would like to "sell" their half-ownership back to us. I would like to add my 2 sons to the deed at that same time. Is that possible? Does it cost any additional money to add my sons if it is done at the same time as taking Brother and wife's names off?

And lastly, how much does such a process cost - changing names on a deed, resort transfer fees, miscellaneous expenses involved?

Thank you in advance for your help.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Does anyone know process to do this for Desert Springs II villas?

My brother and wife would like to "sell" their half-ownership back to us. I would like to add my 2 sons to the deed at that same time. Is that possible? Does it cost any additional money to add my sons if it is done at the same time as taking Brother and wife's names off?

And lastly, how much does such a process cost - changing names on a deed, resort transfer fees, miscellaneous expenses involved?

Thank you in advance for your help.

The four current owners need to sign a deed in favor of the four prospective owners. The deed needs to be recorded and then sent to Marriott. Be clear as to how the four new owners will own the property (tenants in common, joint tenants, community property, etc.); it can vary internally (i.e. you and DW could own half as community property and each son could own a fourth as a tenant in common). If this is not clear, it is not a DIY.

What I don't know is whether Marriott has a ROFR on this property or what rights are lost in an intra-family transfer such as this (is the week enrolled in the Destinations Club; is that transferrable?). I will leave those questions to the Marriott gurus to chime in.

The cost of this is not high. Hiring one of the timeshare deed writers (LT Transfers, etc.) rather than a lawyer or title company makes sense here because there should not be any title issue. This whole process shouldn't cost more than about $300.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Since escrow is probably not required, you should only need to pay for deed transfer. I believe LT Transfers charges $150 for this service. You will also have to pay the $25 transfer fee to Marriott along with recording and mailing fees. So the total should be closer to $200. Are the weeks enrolled in DC? If so, you may need to be careful and perhaps talk to the Marriott Owner Modifications department. You don't want to lose enrollment or even the ability to enroll by doing these changes.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
The only thing that I have to add to the previous good responses is in regards to the age of your two sons. If they are minors, I don't believe that they are able to have a deed in their name.

suenmike32

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MOW
By all means reach out to LTTransfers. I have used them 3 times and have been very satisfied. The first thing you must ask is if they are licensed to make the changes in California. Some transfer companies are not licensed in every state. Mary and Isabelle are very good, and (very reasonable).
Mike

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
LT Transfers definitely processes California timeshares.

Does a document prep service really need to be licensed? I was thinking a full blown title company is a different type of "service".

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
LT Transfers definitely processes California timeshares.

Does a document prep service really need to be licensed? I was thinking a full blown title company is a different type of "service".
I would think they would need some type of license. I don't think you can prepare a deed for a property that you have no interest to (either buyer or seller) if you are not licensed in some regard. It very likely depends on the state. Some states may allow a real estate agent to prepare a deed, though real estate agents must be licensed.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think they would need some type of license. I don't think you can prepare a deed for a property that you have no interest to (either buyer or seller) if you are not licensed in some regard. It very likely depends on the state. Some states may allow a real estate agent to prepare a deed, though real estate agents must be licensed.

They must be licensed because they are claiming that they are the preparer on the deed. I have seen some less reputable resell companies simply put that the deed was prepared by the buyer even though it wasn't.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They must be licensed because they are claiming that they are the preparer on the deed. I have seen some less reputable resell companies simply put that the deed was prepared by the buyer even though it wasn't.
I have seen that too.

urfriend

Reaction score
Call Owner Services at 855-682-847 and ask for the deed transfer packet. It outlines exactly what you need to do.