• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How have St Maarten LaVista, Flamingo and Royal Palm Fared ?

JRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the brunt of the storm hit closer to Phillipsburg side of the island more directly but I am wondering how these as well as Atrium over by that bay if they fared any better ? Thoughts and prayers with all the locals, staff and others directly affected ....

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Even if they fared well, it doesn't seem that the island will be ready any time soon to accept leisure travelers. Irma was a direct hit on the island of Saint Martin/Sint Maarten. Reading on the TripAdvisor forums, it seems that the French side didn't fare as well as the Dutch, but either side is complete devastation. We pray for the people of these islands, as well as the others in the Caribbean and USA impacted by these storms.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Even if they fared well, it doesn't seem that the island will be ready any time soon to accept leisure travelers. Irma was a direct hit on the island of Saint Martin/Sint Maarten. Reading on the TripAdvisor forums, it seems that the French side didn't fare as well as the Dutch, but either side is complete devastation. We pray for the people of these islands, as well as the others in the Caribbean and USA impacted by these storms.

Soap900

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Flamingo Beach Resort St Martin
Peppertree Atlantic Beach
You can get great updates and photos of all st Martin resorts by joining the Everything st Martin timeshare Facebook group. I've seen photos of all mentioned. They all have damage and all are closed. Another reason to join this group is that it is monitored and the moderator only posts messages about incidents that are verifiable.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
And news reports that a state of near Civil War prevails currently.
These are older news reports. The Dutch did send in their Navy and the French have sent in troops too. It seems that order has been somewhat restored and aid is slowly getting to those that need it. Though it is still not a good situation in Saint Martin/Sint Maarten.

Last edited:

JRS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks everyone with those updates. Although it is not good news.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
An email from Diamond Resorts was received by a friend of mine who is an owner at the Flamingo that the Royal Palm and the Flamingo will be closed the entire year of 2018 and until further notice. Damage sustained by hurricane Irma to both resorts was more severe than originally assessed.

JOHN SABATEL

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Palm
I received a phone call stating that my reservation is in danger of being forfeited unless i join Diamaonds exclusive exchange service. Of course there's a fee to join and a fee to deposit my weeks, but i should rest assured that they are nearing completion of the review of my maintenance fees for 2018, even though they will not be open, which they will be expecting payment for...... No bueno

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I received a phone call stating that my reservation is in danger of being forfeited unless i join Diamaonds exclusive exchange service. Of course there's a fee to join and a fee to deposit my weeks, but i should rest assured that they are nearing completion of the review of my maintenance fees for 2018, even though they will not be open, which they will be expecting payment for...... No bueno
Are you sure the call came from Diamond, and not from someone pretending to be Diamond?

There are scammers who operate by procuring owners contact information on the black market, then call or e-mail people on the list, pretending to represent the resort or association.

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
John Sabatel, Diamond is waiving all exchange fees. I know this for a fact as I have 2 friends who are Diamond Resorts owners.