• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just picked up another one!

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
My purchase of a Platinum 1BR unit at Las Vegas on the Blvd. just went through! My husband and I are thrilled! However, when I checked my account, it is listed separately from our other HGVC property. It seems that we would have to access the points from our 2 accounts separately (I can switch back and forth under the same login), resulting in more than 1 reservation.

My question is how can I consolidate these 2 into 1 account with a lump sum of points? I think that they were separated because one property is in our trust while the other one we hold as joint tenants. If I change one deed to match the other, will HGVC consolidate our accounts? This is probably a question for them, but I thought that maybe someone here has experienced a similar situation.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I have a Seapointe affiliate which is in a separate account. I just call HGVC and ask them to move all the points into one account.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
When I bought our second week, they told us both weeks had to be titled exactly the same otherwise we could not join them into a single points account. I'm sure that is what you are running into. You will need to call HGVC to see what your options are -- you may indeed have to change the titling of one of your deeds.

Kurt

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It's prolly due to a difference in how they were titled.
Our true-HGVC (Seaworld) and affiliate (Plantation Beach Club - IRP) are listed in one account.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I believe it's the titling. I had to dig up my title deeds from earlier as sometimes I use my middle initial for "legal" purposes, but it seems that sometimes they ignore that.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
When I bought our second week, they told us both weeks had to be titled exactly the same otherwise we could not join them into a single points account. I'm sure that is what you are running into. You will need to call HGVC to see what your options are -- you may indeed have to change the titling of one of your deeds.

Kurt
I was told as long as my account number was the same, they would consolidate. I have one in a business name, and another that closed escrow recently but HGV hasn't done whatever they do yet that is in the name of my living trust. They said they can put all the points in one account. Didn't say I needed to change titles to match. Plan to call today to f/u since it's been a few weeks since escrow closed.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
HGV just advised us that the titles much match to merge the points into a single account. So much for the information from the broker...!

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
HGV just advised us that the titles much match to merge the points into a single account. So much for the information from the broker...!
I just called HGVC's Owner Services number this morning (800-932-4482, #4 and #4 from menus that follow) and the representative was able to merge the remaining points through 2019 into one of the accounts. No need to change title. Try again. :)

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
It's one thing to merge points for 2 years, and another to merge accounts.
For that, you'd need to change the title on one to match the other.

You can record a "Corrective Quitclaim Deed" and send HGVC a copy.
I'd check w-HGVC Title to see if they'd do it for you or if there's a fee.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
It's one thing to merge points for 2 years, and another to merge accounts.
For that, you'd need to change the title on one to match the other.

You can record a "Corrective Quitclaim Deed" and send HGVC a copy.
I'd check w-HGVC Title to see if they'd do it for you or if there's a fee.

The HGVC title department charges to do this... (shocker)

Think it was like $350 when i did it, but know they raised the rate shortly after we re did ours.