• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great Smokies Lodge, 4 Bedroom Presidential

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got lucky back in the spring (before the new website) and was able to reserve the 4 bedroom presidential with the pool view at GSL Labor Day weekend/week. I made a walk-through video before we "moved in" and felt like others would like to see it.

Understand, there is only 1 of these with the pool view because the other one is used as the presentation model. The others are "Golf View" in the building across the parking lot.

We absolutely enjoyed the room and enjoyed having all our family out. When we arrived Sunday the water parks were absolutely packed. They thinned out significantly on Monday. The indoor park was open the rest of the week and was virtually empty every day.

If you have any questions please ask...I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner.

Blessings!

Orlando

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Nice, thanks for taking the time to share. We go there almost every year and always wanted to know how nice the presidential rooms were and if they were worth the extra points. It looks to me to be worth it if you have the extra points to spare. If you had a chance to grab it again would you?

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice, thanks for taking the time to share. We go there almost every year and always wanted to know how nice the presidential rooms were and if they were worth the extra points. It looks to me to be worth it if you have the extra points to spare. If you had a chance to grab it again would you?
For our family, yes I would grab this unit again. I don't believe I would grab a smaller presidential unit, unless that's all that was available with a pool view.

I have found that for our family most of the "standard" rooms are just fine for us. We had 2 3 bedroom deluxe units in Branson back in July. Absolutely loved them and they worked fine for us. We have a 3 bedroom deluxe in Destin next month at the Emerald Grand (those stsndard rooms are the best one's I've seen!).

Occassionally we will snag a 2 bedroom presidential in Panama City because we like the bay window in the Master bedroom (only comes in 2bedroom presidential and 2 bedroom deluxe, not the "regular 2 bedroom").

We've learned enough about the resorts we like to know that standard rooms are okay in most cases...however, if I see this 4 bedroom presidential again, I will definitely take it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are also staying at BC again in December. Standard 2 bed deluxe.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
I got lucky back in the spring (before the new website) and was able to reserve the 4 bedroom presidential with the pool view at GSL Labor Day weekend/week. I made a walk-through video before we "moved in" and felt like others would like to see it.

Understand, there is only 1 of these with the pool view because the other one is used as the presentation model. The others are "Golf View" in the building across the parking lot.

We absolutely enjoyed the room and enjoyed having all our family out. When we arrived Sunday the water parks were absolutely packed. They thinned out significantly on Monday. The indoor park was open the rest of the week and was virtually empty every day.

If you have any questions please ask...I'll do my best to answer in a timely manner.

Blessings!

Orlando

Thanks for sharing this beautiful video. The pool view is very impressive from any size unit. We had the privilege to be upgraded from a one bedroom to the Presidential this past December in Destin at the Majestic Sun but due to the short notice everyone was too busy to join us but we did.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this beautiful video. The pool view is very impressive from any size unit. We had the privilege to be upgraded from a one bedroom to the Presidential this past December in Destin at the Majestic Sun but due to the short notice everyone was too busy to join us but we did.
Thank you. I've wanted to start sharing pics/vids of the various rooms so other owners have an idea what they look like. I spend a lot of time looking at floor plans (even if I have to track down the original TS docs on file with the county) to get an idea of what we're staying in.

Have a blessed day!