• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGgers...please post your post-Irma updates on FL timeshare resorts here

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm particularly interested in Marriott's Beachplace Towers and also the Hilton-managed art deco buildings (McAlpin being my fave) around 1400 block of Ocean Drive in South Beach. TIA for any updates and/or photos!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I'm particularly interested in... the Hilton-managed art deco buildings (McAlpin being my fave) around 1400 block of Ocean Drive in South Beach.

Per HGVC:
PROPERTY ALERT: Our resort is currently closed due to damages from Hurricane Irma. Our property will re-open when the damages have been corrected, and we deem resort conditions to be safe. For more information, including questions regarding an upcoming reservation, please contact a Club Counselor at 1-800-932-4482...

South Beach, from the beach toward Ocean Drive:

011%20Irma%20aftermath%20DS

Last edited:

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any info or pics on Marriott Ocean Pointe? Palm Beach Shores..Scheduled to be there 9/22..Ive been calling Hotline#..thx

mj2vacation

Reaction score
Any info or pics on Marriott Ocean Pointe? Palm Beach Shores..Scheduled to be there 9/22..Ive been calling Hotline#..thx
I saw some photos of the beach. Severe erosion. Buildings are reportedly ok other than fairly minor repairs (not sure of the extent).

The island does not have power as of yesterday.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested in hearing about club regency on Marco island and resort 66 on Holmes beach

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I am interested in hearing about club regency on Marco Island and resort 66 on Holmes beach

For Marco's Charter Club, Club Regency, Eagles Nest & Surf Club:
The vague announcement on HGVC's webpages say...

PROPERTY ALERT: Our resort is currently closed due to damages from Hurricane Irma. Our property will re-open when the damages have been corrected, and we deem resort conditions to be safe. For more information, including questions regarding an upcoming reservation, please contact a Club Counselor at 1-800-932-4482 (from the U.S. and Canada) or +1-407-722-3141 (worldwide).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Holiday Inn Vacation Club Orange Lake CC had minor damage and power loss, but is OK now. Their resort on Marco Island sustained heavy damage (135mph winds).

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please let me know about Vistana Resort. Family is scheduled to check in on 9/23. Any damage or power outages there? So worried about arriving and not being able to check in or have a/c.

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering about Discovery Beach in Cocoa Beach FL. They were scheduled to close for maintenance the 16 to 23rd of Sept but are closed now. I have to make our plans soon and may let this non information tip the scales towards non payment of MF.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Wondering about Discovery Beach in Cocoa Beach FL. They were scheduled to close for maintenance the 16 to 23rd of Sept but are closed now. I have to make our plans soon and may let this non information tip the scales towards non payment of MF.
Why would you not pay your maintenance fees? If it was damaged it does not release you of your legal obligation to pay even if it can't be used. If everyone stopped paying, how would the bills (taxes, utilities, etc) be paid while things were being fixed?

If it's only closed for a short period of time and during the timeframe when you were suppose to go, they might be able to provide a different week for you to use or trade.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The Resort on Cocoa Beach: the website says ROCB is closed, has no water and no power. Tree and fencing damage is visible and there is some water intrusion in some oceanfront/oceanview units (there are no other kinds of units!).

The VRI website sounds less dire. Power has been restored. The resort is hoping to reopen on September 23 but some units won't be available.

There's a VRI number to call but VRI is closed Sundays.

My October 7-14 reservation sounds a little shakey! Even if it is open, you wonder about the rest of the town.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Please let me know about Vistana Resort. Family is scheduled to check in on 9/23. Any damage or power outages there? So worried about arriving and not being able to check in or have a/c.
Which Vistana resort? The Vistana Beach Club? I haven't seen that one discussed anywhere. You may want to try to contact the property directly.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Don't stop paying Maintenence fees, is it too late to spacebank your week with RCI? You could go somewhere else, until your resort is reopened.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Coconut Palms II in New Smyrna opened yesterday.

Bwolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sanibel Beach Club will open this Saturday, 23 September. The BOD made the decision this morning. The announcement hasn't yet shown up on either the VRI website or the SBC website, but should soon. Nor has the email blast gone out yet. Word is the pool is crystal clear and everything is ready to go. Even the wifi is working.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure would like to see a "boots on the ground" status report from Key West, notably regarding Hyatt Sunset Harbor, but I don't think that "visitors" are even being allowed back into Key West at all yet. :shrug:

Last edited:

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jupiter Reef Club is open. Believe only 1 unit had water damage.

Rilocori

Reaction score
I saw some photos of the beach. Severe erosion. Buildings are reportedly ok other than fairly minor repairs (not sure of the extent).

The island does not have power as of yesterday.
Thank you for the update.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just for general information, lee and collier county have power, butpower to water lift stations is spotty. Which means fast showers, no flushing, no dishwasher, no laundry. Back ups have occurred. Those countries include sanibel , Marco, Naples,fort Myers, Bonita.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Which Vistana resort? The Vistana Beach Club? I haven't seen that one discussed anywhere. You may want to try to contact the property directly.

Dear Vistana Beach Club Owner,

Following Hurricane Irma, we wanted to provide an update on Vistana Beach Club. As expected, the resort did experience some minor damage, however, we currently have our restoration team onsite and cleanup efforts are well underway. While the resort does have power, and the pool, lobby, activity area and beach access were mostly unaffected, we are dealing with water intrusion in some of the villas as well as landscape debris. As a result, near-term reservations for Building 2 have been suspended through Thursday, Sept. 21, 2017. Reservations for Building 1 will be closed until Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2017.

Most importantly, all of our Associates are safe and are working diligently to reopen as quickly as possible.

If you have questions concerning an upcoming reservation, please contact Owner Services at 888-986-9637 or 407-903-4635, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m.–6 p.m. Eastern time.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely,
WNJzJj9cFmUO-laae6nIn_eSJ6Oo2i7B62RW4-b80Z5cXL8vDPGDPU-7KNPCgF6R0MOpbjlqyFuXSVSBKUrWbz-afYGiwO36551YfZ-PNCKR9XomkSQ3xlNwcHh0Ep4SK_QblXeyuFKPYEA=s0-d-e1-ft

Glen Vlasic
General Manager

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A family member who just visited friends staying at Tropical Sands Resort in Fort Myers Beach reports that it's open, fully functional and apparently sustained no visible damage during Hurricane Irma (although the small exercise room there is apparently closed temporarily due to some unspecified "roof issue"). Unclear how tTropical Sands managed to dodge the bullet, but I don't think the place is actually "waterfront" either.

Diagonally across the street from Tropical Sands is a (waterfront) timeshare property called Mariners Boat House, which is apparently still closed.
No further info was provided to me regarding the damage sustained at Mariners Boat House or on any planned or projected reopening date there.

Those same folks had apparently planned to spend the preceding week at Bonita Resort & Club in Bonita Beach, but the resort was closed (and still is), having apparently had a lot of wind driven rain intrusion, damage to pool fencing from flying debris, some sliding glass door damage and damage to pontoon boat tops. BRC reportedly intends to open again within a week (for week 38?), but I dunno anything more. :shrug:

Last edited:

Space Coast Laurie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Capistrano Surfside Inn (Capistrano Bch, CA), The Resort on Cocoa Beach (Cocoa Bch, FL)
Posted on Facebook on the 17th by The Resort on Cocoa Beach:

"Good news! We will be accepting all existing reservations for this weekend starting on 9/23. Some oceanfront units will be out of commission and we are still working on getting back to as good as new, but we are so excited to host our friends again!

Any owners that were not able to use their week from 9/17 & 9/18 through this upcoming weekend should call the front desk at 321-783-4000 starting tomorrow."

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
Posted on Facebook on the 17th by The Resort on Cocoa Beach:

"Good news! We will be accepting all existing reservations for this weekend starting on 9/23. Some oceanfront units will be out of commission and we are still working on getting back to as good as new, but we are so excited to host our friends again!

Any owners that were not able to use their week from 9/17 & 9/18 through this upcoming weekend should call the front desk at 321-783-4000 starting tomorrow."

Thanks for posting Already have airfare for February and can't wait to go back! Hopefully any damage is minimal.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
The Resort on Cocoa Beach: the website says ROCB is closed, has no water and no power. Tree and fencing damage is visible and there is some water intrusion in some oceanfront/oceanview units (there are no other kinds of units!).

The VRI website sounds less dire. Power has been restored. The resort is hoping to reopen on September 23 but some units won't be available.

There's a VRI number to call but VRI is closed Sundays.

My October 7-14 reservation sounds a little shakey! Even if it is open, you wonder about the rest of the town.

I don't have any info about your resort but no need to worry about Cocoa Beach! We live on the beach just north of there in Cape Canaveral and almost all bars and restaurants were open by the end of last week. Once power and water were restored, businesses were more than ready to reopen. Of course there were places that sustained damage but we were very lucky that we did not have any. I'm hoping our Key West timeshare did as well as our home.

Reaction score
I checked in at Wyndham Ocean Walk today for the weekend (renting from another TUGer). The resort is running! The "Lower Level", which is Beach/pool access and game stuff, has blowers and restoration crews. Pool area looks good. Our suite, which has a western view, is fine, except for a broken door lock that took them about an hour to replace.

TS

Last edited: