• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bay Club and HGVC Questions

Frasier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC-Mabrisa Carlsbad, CA, HGVC-Bay Club, HI
Red Wolf Lakeside, Lake Tahoe,
Maybe this information has been posted somewhere but I can’t find an answer. I was looking at purchasing the Bay Club (resale of course). I want it to be added to my existing HGVC account (I also own at the Mabrisa) so I can see the points etc. all in one place. The reason for enrolling is so I can use it for points if I choose. I am assuming this can be done as long as I enroll it in HGVC after I purchase it? Is it also true if I enroll a Bay Club purchase in HGVC I can use the points through the RCI portal just as I do now with my existing account? I obviously don’t want to set up a second RCI account. This is a great site and I am new to this so any help is appreciated.

bagabonz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club Waikoloa
No experience with RCI but I have bought two resale Bay Club units on ebay and after enrolling them in HGVC the points are usable at any HGVC resort.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
In addition to enrolling in HGVC to use the corporate RCI account you can also add it to an RCI account and deposit a week for TPUs.

The advantage of a second RCI account for HGVC owners is being able to book the HGVC bulk deposits, which are well before the 9 month club season block on the corp account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
In addition to enrolling in HGVC to use the corporate RCI account you can also add it to an RCI account and deposit a week for TPUs.

The advantage of a second RCI account for HGVC owners is being able to book the HGVC bulk deposits, which are well before the 9 month club season block on the corp account.

Thanks Dave. I didn't know that. So do you think that you could get around the 1-4 rules at various resorts by using two accounts?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

Thanks Dave. Interesting idea! (I love learning these nuggets from the Tug community). Two questions:

1) Do you have to deposit the unit before finding a trade?
a) How would an HGVC deposit be valued relative to other exchanges?
2) Can I use my HGVC week to join Interval International to deposit and exchange for Marriott's, Hyatts and Westins?

Last edited:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
2) Can I use my HGVC week to join Interval International to deposit and exchange for Marriott's, Hyatts and Westins?

Hgvc resorts only trade in rci not in II. Some affiliates trade in II but bay club does not.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frasier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC-Mabrisa Carlsbad, CA, HGVC-Bay Club, HI
Red Wolf Lakeside, Lake Tahoe,

Thanks, I had not considered that reason for signing up for an additional RCI account. Also good to know that it will work with the corporate RCI account as long as I enroll it with HGVC.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thanks Dave. Interesting idea! (I love learning these nuggets from the Tug community). Two questions:

1) Do you have to deposit the unit before finding a trade?
a) How would an HGVC deposit be valued relative to other exchanges?

There is a section on the Bay Club reservation request form to "spacebank" your usage in RCI, just fill in your account number. I think they pick the week and you get a blended tpu valu deposited in your account. I'm not sure what the value is, but I got 30 tpu for my 1br Seapointe week, I imagine its at least that much or more.

If you want a II trader look at picking up a fixed high demand week Sheraton, they trade in RCI and II and have the lower annual fees than Marriott or Hyatt.

I used to own a fixed week 12 SVR and received 56 tpu one year when it fell the week before Easter. I was able to get 2 consecutive HGVC weeks at Kings Land that year, a 2br plus phase 1 and then a 1 br plus in phase 2.