• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, they finally got my account straightened out. I had negative points in 2 use years. They corrected one about a week and a half ago and the second use year end of last week.

So, I am finally up and running full steam...yay!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Not a top priority but I'd like to see Wyndham re-define the geographical regions. It's a stretch to put Oklahoma in the South. Used to be in the Mid-South (along with Tennessee) and even that was hard to take.

Maybe anything south of the Mason-Dixon Line is South.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the site down again :( I get a error message when I sign in?
What did you expect? It's Wyndham's new dysfunctional piece of crap website so expect an increased amount of down time, problems and delays, and most importantly, expect the worse online experience possible. . .

Last edited:

Baby Jane

Reaction score
So far my worst fear hasn't been confirmed. I have managed to get 3 different families and us weekends for labor day weekend. 2 beach and 3 smoky mountains. May be with the rule changes people had to cancel more reservations rather than holding onto them until the final hour. I have always found your best chances to book is 60 day window then again 15 to 0 days before check in. It seems like that is the same. 2 of them were instant upgrades too. The website is painfully slow and wonky and windows do sometimes close on you for no reason and hate that check in day isn't discount day for whole stay. It looks that most or all days need to be in upgrade window I miss the seeing all rooms available for 2 months as for us check in date isn't always set in stone but I was worried inventory would not be available in discount window.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Yes, I miss the system where all openings were listed and it was a game to see what would be available when the discount came effective. Times change and so does the game. I still look forward to the beautiful resorts and do not regret joining.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, now we know why after all this time the dysfunctional piece of crap website Wyndham shoved down our throats is still a dysfunctional piece of crap. It appears Wyndham is putting the effort into their Extra Holidays website, you know, the website they use to screw us over by taking the choice reservations and renting them for their benefit. That website operates flawless and ours, the one they shoved down our throats, is still an abortion in progress. But who am I to judge? I just an IT guy who was a school district network administrator at one time.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Well, now we know why after all this time the dysfunctional piece of crap website Wyndham shoved down our throats is still a dysfunctional piece of crap. It appears Wyndham is putting the effort into their Extra Holidays website, you know, the website they use to screw us over by taking the choice reservations and renting them for their benefit. That website operates flawless and ours, the one they shoved down our throats, is still an abortion in progress. But who am I to judge? I just an IT guy who was a school district network administrator at one time.
Now we know why they want us to move points to EH for their benefit not ours.. Messed up the reservations for all with this new website. What next?

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
Can someone explain these acronyms CONTRACT DETAILS Reciprocal ARP, UD. ARP is advanced priority not sure about the rest?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Can someone explain these acronyms CONTRACT DETAILS Reciprocal ARP, UD. ARP is advanced priority not sure about the rest?

Reciprocal ARP is advance reservation priority at an additional resort. I think it shows in your ownership details if you have this.
UD or UDI is undivided interest meaning all the points in one deed.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
Yes I have reciprocal arp, udi at myrtle beach and udi at smokey mountains. So basically I can book myrtle beach out 13 months in advance? The other resort would be 10 months correct? Myrtle beach is Club Wyndham and the other is club Wyndham select. Not sure how select is different beside the 10 month rule?

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I have reciprocal arp, udi at myrtle beach and udi at smokey mountains. So basically I can book myrtle beach out 13 months in advance? The other resort would be 10 months correct? Myrtle beach is Club Wyndham and the other is club Wyndham select. Not sure how select is different beside the 10 month rule?

Club Wyndham Select means you have a deed at that specific resort. You can book ARP at that specific resort, but would need to wait until 10 months to book other properties.

You did not mention which MB property shows up (or that you own), but it may show up differently because the MB properties all share ARP and can be booked at 13 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score

OK, I've mostly held back .... but I just have to vent.

There's lots of well documented problems .... but what's really frustrating is that the site cannot do basic search functions well.

I've got an early retiree brother who goes to Hawaii a couple of times a year -- and everyone knows Early September after Labor Day is a great time to snag a deal almost anywhere.

Well the first 3 weeks of Sept are now in my Platinum VIP 60-day discount/upgrade window and he's totally flexible on travel dates and length of stay.

It's gonna take Hours to find the best options ....

I am going one resort at a time,
... finding Studios/One BR availability;
... then doing additional searches to see if there are larger units with overlapping dates ..ugh
... just to take advantage of all the Basic VIP benefits that have Nothing to do with Mega or Mini renters .... I am charging my brother my costs..... Now I may have to charge him $10/hour to do the searching.

There are, of course, other ways to conduct such a search ... but I have found them even more cumbersome.

It's not hard to imagine this is what Wyndham had it mind .....
....Market the VIP benefits .... and have a reservation system that makes it very hard to use them.

"Sad"

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
To add insult to injury... it seems especially slow this evening. I'm falling asleep waiting for my screens to finish rendering.

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Reciprocal ARP is advance reservation priority at an additional resort. I think it shows in your ownership details if you have this.
UD or UDI is undivided interest meaning all the points in one deed.
Reciprocal ARP is two things. 1) The kind that seems to show up in your ownership summary is when you purchased a contract that was originanly sold with one Reciprocal Resort .. perhaps because the original contract was purchased from Wyndham at a time when it was under construction so they threw in another resort's ARP as a concession. 2), VIP owners get up to 3 Reciprocal ARP uses a year at any resort they choose. It kicks in the 11th month out only (not all the way to 13). In the new web site, you can see this in the 'Points Caldulator' when you select a travel date that is 11 months out the calculator will tell you in addition to the ARP points available for use at your various home resorts, the number of Reciprocal ARPs you have left.

Before the new site, we used to be able to call Owner Care and they would make our Reciprocal ARP reservations for us. Now, even though the new site shows them in the Points Calculator, it does NOT let us reserve with them at 11 months. Nor does it let OC do it. Numerous tickets and phone calls and it still does not work.

Bob

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
Is the site down again :( I get a error message when I sign in?
Every time the site goes down we get excited that maybe Wyndham is finally releasing the much awaited software patch to fix all the software related problems. No such luck.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It is faster to search the entire region in two day increments until you find a target (resort date to investigate further. An entire month is 27-30 searches, as a first pass. Once I find a target, I might then pick no dates and see what other dates are around it, in various rooms sizes.

The opportunistic search is virtually impossible without an extreme amount of patience. I usually give up I find it so frustrating. Thankfully, lately all my friends and family requests have been for a fixed date. In that case I just hope for a possible instant upgrade at either the 60 day window of the 20 -15 day prior window when cancellations come back. What I have done for most of my last reservations, is book something at 60 days, and periodically check for something better. Seriously start checking again in the last 5 days before cancellation period ends. Only with 15 days or less do I book the guest certificate, unless I am able to catch the instant upgrade I want at the 60 day mark.

Funny thing that is not all that different from what I used to do. It is just now the upgrade has NEVER worked for me even though there have been opportunities I see. I have even had an opportunity where I booked a smaller unit than what I had already booked, got a double upgrade to a 3 BR, and then just cancelled my 2 BR that I originally booked with the request for an upgrade.

johnstonga

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of all the "Regions"

I did one for "US - West" and "US - South" and also individual states with multiple resorts ... but there's gotta be a list of these somewhere.

staceyeileen

TUG Member
Reaction score

I did one for "US - West" and "US - South" and also individual states with multiple resorts ... but there's gotta be a list of these somewhere.

You just click on View All Destinations and then it displays all the regions.

upload_2017-7-20_9-11-35.png

The default is View by State but you can change it to View by Region. The regions and subregions are clickable.

upload_2017-7-20_9-13-37.png

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

select the View Destinations link just below the Location book.

You are then presented with the following screen, just select REGION link.
upload_2017-7-20_8-17-15.png

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You were posting staceyeileen while I was opening and copying screens.

Great minds think alike.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Just wondering if anybody who has cancelled a reservation has received extra points back? We know that was a trigger for this wonderful new website. Have they managed to fix that or is the problem still present?

AND if they did fix it would it be possible to retrofit the fix to the old system and switch back?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just wondering if anybody who has cancelled a reservation has received extra points back? We know that was a trigger for this wonderful new website. Have they managed to fix that or is the problem still present?

AND if they did fix it would it be possible to retrofit the fix to the old system and switch back?

Never had it happen on the old site. Not on this either and I have booked and cancelled 30 or 40 booking since new system.