• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does it cost an RT to cancel a reservation

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but when I searched for it all that I found was posts on cancel/rebook. ;) So, does it take an RT to cancel a reservation, or just to make one? Thank you!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don't think it takes one to cancel it. To make one yes. None if auto upgraded and none if the upgrade is available when booking, it is still a single transaction. If you need to cancel and rebook to allow it to show you an instant upgrade it would take a transaction when you are booking the unit again. Gold and platinum have unlimited transaction fees so the only ones that have to worry about it with upgrades are silver.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but when I searched for it all that I found was posts on cancel/rebook. ;) So, does it take an RT to cancel a reservation, or just to make one? Thank you!
It doesn't take an RT to cancel.
You just lose the one you used to make the reservation. No credit back for RTs

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. Make it or cancel it, even upgrade it.
Wow! If it's true that it costs a RT to cancel a reservation after costing a RT to make that reservation then expect having to swipe a credit card swipe to make ice and use the bathroom during future stays at a Wyndham Vacation Resort.
It can be referred to as, "You've been Wyndhamed" when someone or an organization takes something of value from you without just cause or lies to you in order to cheat you out of money through a sale of something that has little to no value. Also, when someone or an organization sneaks into your pocket, wallet, purse, finance accounts, etc., to take your money through false pretenses.

iaminak

Reaction score
I just booked - cancelled - and booked (because I was trying to figure out how pooled points worked and was making a dummy reservation on purposed, other post) and it took 3 reservation transactions. So, unless I will get the cancelled one back at some point, it IS taking one for each booking and each cancellation... I would doubt very seriously that it will show up later because my points balance and reservation transaction list was updated immediately (unlike the old system were you didn't see some changes for a day or two).

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow really hope it isn't really taking a RT when canceling. That is something worth fighting.

iaminak

Reaction score
Wow really hope it isn't really taking a RT when canceling. That is something worth fighting.

I just went back in and looked and everything else is correct - point balances, current reservations and the reservation transaction log but my RT is still at 4 remaining for the year (was 7 before I booked, cancelled and booked a 2nd reservation). I get 7 a year and only book a vacation or two for my family so it won't affect me but someone who changes their plans or rents, I could see it having a huge impact on.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
It doesn't take an RT to cancel.
You just lose the one you used to make the reservation. No credit back for RTs

Pretty sure I read that this changed with the new Voyager system. I am not a VIP so I was very aware of that change in policy.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The 2017-2018 supplement (page 6-7) does not indicate that a cancellation would take a transaction credit:

"RESERVATION TRANSACTIONS
A Reservation Transaction is required for reservation activity within the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program. You receive one complementary Reservation Transaction each calendar year for every 77,000 points you own.

A Reservation Transaction is now required each time one of the following transactions is confirmed:
  • Resort Reservations
  • Worldwide External Exchange deposits
  • Adventures by CLUB WYNDHAM
  • Converting points to maintenance dollars
  • WYNDHAM CLUB Pass reservations
  • Cruising with CLUB WYNDHAM
Additional Reservation Transactions may be purchased to complete these transactions at the newly reduced rate of $19 when booking online or $39 when speaking to a Vacation Guide.

Please note: CLUB WYNDHAM Gold and Platinum VIP owners continue to enjoy the benefit of unlimited complementary Reservation Transactions."

kshell18

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 2017-2018 supplement (page 6-7) does not indicate that a cancellation would take a transaction credit:

"RESERVATION TRANSACTIONS
A Reservation Transaction is required for reservation activity within the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Program. You receive one complementary Reservation Transaction each calendar year for every 77,000 points you own.

A Reservation Transaction is now required each time one of the following transactions is confirmed:
  • Resort Reservations
  • Worldwide External Exchange deposits
  • Adventures by CLUB WYNDHAM
  • Converting points to maintenance dollars
  • WYNDHAM CLUB Pass reservations
  • Cruising with CLUB WYNDHAM
Additional Reservation Transactions may be purchased to complete these transactions at the newly reduced rate of $19 when booking online or $39 when speaking to a Vacation Guide.

Please note: CLUB WYNDHAM Gold and Platinum VIP owners continue to enjoy the benefit of unlimited complementary Reservation Transactions."
I thought that a TC was good for everything you did in a single day. Meaning that as long as you did everything in one day, it only used one TC. Did that change with the new website?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That was a change with the new website. No multiple reservations with a single credit when done on the same day anymore.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I just went back in and looked and everything else is correct - point balances, current reservations and the reservation transaction log but my RT is still at 4 remaining for the year (was 7 before I booked, cancelled and booked a 2nd reservation). I get 7 a year and only book a vacation or two for my family so it won't affect me but someone who changes their plans or rents, I could see it having a huge impact on.

You should call and report this as it appears to be another issue with the new website.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This was the first reservation(s) you made during this calendar year?

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
After using all my reservation transactions for the year I cancelled a reservation and was not required to purchase another reservation transaction. Cancelling a reservation does not use a reservation transaction.

iaminak

Reaction score
After using all my reservation transactions for the year I cancelled a reservation and was not required to purchase another reservation transaction. Cancelling a reservation does not use a reservation transaction.

I'm only reporting what happened to me yesterday. We all know that the system is doing weird things - things it maybe shouldn't right now because the website is so screwed up but then we have to call in to fight it.

I went from 7 available transactions to 4... whether that is supposed to happen or not, I'm not arguing, but it did happen. I'm not going to waste a couple hours on the phone fighting it because it won't affect me this time. Unfortunately for all of us right now, we are no longer asking questions about how things should work but having to ask how they are working based on someone's experience in the new website.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
In answer to my own question, I just cancelled a reservation and immediately made another reservation for different dates. I was not charged an RT to cancel. I did not have any left and the website did not make me pay for one. Obviously I did have to pay $19 for the new reservation but that is better than the old fee ($30 online I think). My points were immediately available to make the new reservation. I did not check to see if they were shown on my points total though.

Cely218

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! Did not see your link earlier and made a similar post question. I definitely had my RT # of transactions reduced for a cancellation. However, I note the change is no longer unlimited transactions per day. However, in the chargeable RT they do not list cancellation as a transaction. I will call them when I get a chance. I also mentioned in my other post that I only have 1 guest certificate. The response on the site, is those are given out at beginning of year, so no one expects that to change to 2 until beginning of next year. Well to me if you change transaction rules in middle of year, than you should give the bad with the good, and give me the other guest certificate.

I am glad RT cost is lower, I don't understand why guest certificates have to cost so much.

Carol