• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinding timeshare Wyndham w/ credit card.

Lloyd240sx

Reaction score
So I'm at Daytona and I was swindled into contract with Wyndham. I couldn't get to the usps so I made a copy of the letter signed it and sent it with signature necessary through FedEx. I have read that usps is the best bet but I wanted to get it in motion and am willing to stop by a usps Monday when they open on the way back from my 13 hour drive lol. My question is 1. The Contract is bi-yearly 105,000 points with a bonus sign on of 247000, now the Contract was 25xx.xx down and was connected to a Wyndham visa card I was approved for. I was told it will charge my monthly payment to it along with the down payment to said card. It's literally been about 35 hours since signing the contract. Should I wait to cancel the card until the contract is rescinded? Also any input with the rescinding writing if you guys could. Here is how the rescinding is worded.

To the purchaser : you may cancel your contract without penalty or obligation within ten(10) calender days after the date you sign your contract or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be provided to you, pursuant to section 721.07(6) Florida statutes, whichever is later. If the developer has made a material and adverse change to the public offering statement prior to your closing you may cancel your contract within ten(10) calenders after your receipt of such changes to the public offering statement.
If you decide to cancel your contract, you must notify the developer in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancelation shall be effective upon the date sent and shall be sent to :Wyndham vacation resorts, Inc., attention: account servicing operations - rescission department at P.O box 94443 Las Vegas, Nevada 89193 or 10750 west Charleston Boulevard, suite 130, Las Vegas, Nevada 89135.
Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancelation rights is void and of no effect. While you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidence by delivery of the deed or other document, before the expiration of your ten (10) day cancelation period, is prohibited.

Here is what I sent and plan on sending ding usps to the p.o. Box Monday-

Name
Address
Phone

Wyndham vacation resorts Inc.
Account servicing operations-rescission department
P.O box 94443
Las Vegas Nevada 89193
Current date July 15, 2017

Attention account servicing operations-rescission department,

I am writing to express my intent to cancel my timeshare contract. My name Is C*** St***** and I purchased a timeshare with Wyndham vacation resorts Inc. On Friday 14th, 2017. As stated in the contract regarding this timeshare, I am writing within the recession period to cancel this contract. I am entitled to rescission period by the law of the state of Florida.

Timeshare:Wyndham vacation resorts Inc.
Owner:C*** st*****
Contract number:*****-*******
Date of purchase : Friday July 14th, 2017

1.unforseen Financial burdens
2 . I felt I was pressured and mislead to in the timeshare sales representation

Again, I am canceling my timeshare contract immediately, as this letter was written on July 15th, 2017. Please reply with a written response showing you have received my letter within the rescission period and are therefore canceling my contract. I will also request the information needed to receive the full refund of my on it deposit.

Sincerely, C*** S******

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
You should move this post to the Wyndham threads.

In the meantime you can always take everything they gave you and go back to the sales center to speak with someone in contracts to rescind the sale. You don't have to deal with sales just ask to speak with the people who went over the paperwork and signing. Still should send the letters stating your intent to rescind but you will be less anxious if you take the time to set things in motion while you are still there. Make sure you get copies of everything detailing the cancellation. This will also get anything you put on your credit card cancelled quicker.

WackyLucy

Reaction score
I am writing to express my intent to cancel my timeshare contract.... Please reply with a written response showing you have received my letter within the rescission period and are therefore canceling my contract. I will also rewuire the information needed to receive the full refund of my on it deposit.

You do not need to offer any reason whatsoever to rescind within the time period identified by applicable state law (10 days in Florida), but there is no harm in your having done so.

Despite your request, Wyndham is under no obligation to respond to you in any way besides simply processing the cancellation and issuing a refund of your deposit.

I don't understand what the blue highlighted statement says or intends to say, but there is nothing else you need to provide.
The means of your deposit payment is obviously already known to them and they will simply reverse that payment by that exact same means.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you go back to the sales office there are often reports of them trying to change your mind, gives them time to spin the details again. Many people say don't go back in person and don't answer the phone if they call. Also read they are under no obligation to confirm they received your rescind, it's why you mail it using proof of mailing on your end, so long as you did exactly as the instructions say your ok

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
No good can come from returning to the sales office, except to let them try to re-sell you.
A verbal conversation or letter handed to a salesman do not comply with the requirements.
They must honor your rescission only if you follow the instructions exactly as stated in your contract.

Last edited:

Lloyd240sx

Reaction score
So I'm at Daytona and I was swindled into contract with Wyndham. I couldn't get to the usps so I made a copy of the letter signed it and sent it with signature necessary through FedEx. I have read that usps is the best bet but I wanted to get it in motion and am willing to stop by a usps Monday when they open on the way back from my 13 hour drive lol. My question is 1. The Contract is bi-yearly 105,000 points with a bonus sign on of 247000, now the Contract was 25xx.xx down and was connected to a Wyndham visa card I was approved for. I was told it will charge my monthly payment to it along with the down payment to said card. It's literally been about 35 hours since signing the contract. Should I wait to cancel the card until the contract is rescinded? Also any input with the rescinding writing if you guys could. Here is how the rescinding is worded.

To the purchaser : you may cancel your contract without penalty or obligation within ten(10) calender days after the date you sign your contract or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be provided to you, pursuant to section 721.07(6) Florida statutes, whichever is later. If the developer has made a material and adverse change to the public offering statement prior to your closing you may cancel your contract within ten(10) calenders after your receipt of such changes to the public offering statement.
If you decide to cancel your contract, you must notify the developer in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancelation shall be effective upon the date sent and shall be sent to :Wyndham vacation resorts, Inc., attention: account servicing operations - rescission department at P.O box 94443 Las Vegas, Nevada 89193 or 10750 west Charleston Boulevard, suite 130, Las Vegas, Nevada 89135.
Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancelation rights is void and of no effect. While you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidence by delivery of the deed or other document, before the expiration of your ten (10) day cancelation period, is prohibited.

Lloyd240sx

Reaction score
Ok I guess my biggest concern is I did it through FedEx when they listed 2 different addresses one being a P.O box and the other being one I have already sent a signature required fedex that should be there by Wednesday. I plan on sending the P.O. box address a certified usps copy also should, and can you send a certified signature letter. To a P.O. Box? Also they gave me a kindle fire tablet with all the books. They do not ask for it to be returned anywhere in the rescind policy so should I not worry about that? Also the deposit was issued to a new Wyndham credit card I've yet to receive. The card number shows the last 4 digits on the paperwork should I call and cancel that now also? Idc to keep the car just don't want them to charge it and for it to be issued and them try some funny business with it? Thanks for the responses guys!

Last edited:

Lloyd240sx

Reaction score
You do not need to offer any reason whatsoever to rescind within the time period identified by applicable state law (10 days in Florida), but there is no harm in your having done so.

Despite your request, Wyndham is under no obligation to respond to you in any way besides simply processing the cancellation and issuing a refund of your deposit.

I don't understand what the blue highlighted statement says or intends to say, but there is nothing else you need to provide.
The means of your deposit payment is obviously already known to them and they will simply reverse that payment by that exact same means.

Require*

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok I guess my biggest concern is I did it through FedEx when they listed 2 different addresses one being a P.O box and the other being one I have already sent a signature required fedex that should be there by Wednesday. I plan on sending the P.O. box address a certified usps copy also should, and can you send a certified signature letter. To a P.O. Box? Also they gave me a kindle fire tablet with all the books. They do not ask for it to be returned anywhere in the rescind policy so should I not worry about that? Also the deposit was issued to a new Wyndham credit card I've yet to receive. The card number shows the last 4 digits on the paperwork should I call and cancel that now also? Idc to keep the car just don't want them to charge it and for it to be issued and them try some funny business with it? Thanks for the responses guys!
All owners must sign the rescind letter. I noticed only you signed which is fine if you are the only owner.
Unless it's changed. I thought Wyndham contract specifically states rescission letters must be sent via USPS.
Follow the instructions. If it says P.O.BOX they mean PO.BOX. Just send it certified without signature required. Just make sure to keep your receipt. Then track the delivery and print that of to confirm Wyndham received your letter.
I wouldn't cancel the credit card just in case it could hurt your credit score. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask some questions but I wouldn't blindly cancel the CC.
You do not have to return the gifts you received.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
By rescinding you are taking food out of the mouth of the sales weasel who tried to rip you off. Good job!

Lloyd240sx

Reaction score
All owners must sign the rescind letter. I noticed only you signed which is fine if you are the only owner.
Unless it's changed. I thought Wyndham contract specifically states rescission letters must be sent via USPS.
Follow the instructions. If it says P.O.BOX they mean PO.BOX. Just send it certified without signature required. Just make sure to keep your receipt. Then track the delivery and print that of to confirm Wyndham received your letter.
I wouldn't cancel the credit card just in case it could hurt your credit score. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask some questions but I wouldn't blindly cancel the CC.

It gave me 2 addresses a P.O. BOX and a normal address. I fedex the normal address seeing usps isnt open yet. If you read the original post I wrote what it says word for word. It says "x address or x address P.O BOX." Should I send usps to the normal address also then and skip the po box?

Lloyd240sx

Reaction score
I am the only owner

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
By rescinding you are taking food out of the mouth of the sales weasel who tried to rip you off. Good job!
Did you get that spiel too?? IN fact the weasel who told me that line, was at Daytona!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
It gave me 2 addresses a P.O. BOX and a normal address. I fedex the normal address seeing usps isnt open yet. If you read the original post I wrote what it says word for word. It says "x address or x address P.O BOX." Should I send usps to the normal address also then and skip the po box?
In rereading your original post. I didn't notice the "or" . If it gives you 2 options you can use either one.
I noticed it's odd for the physical address and the P.O.BOX to have different zip codes

Lloyd240sx

Reaction score
In rereading your original post. I didn't notice the "or" . If it gives you 2 options you can use either one.
I noticed it's odd for the physical address and the P.O.BOX to have different zip codes
Yes I agree I guess I would be best to resend usps to the actual physical address then seeing a po box would maybe be iffy requiring a signature

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I would be best to resend usps to the actual physical address then seeing a po box would maybe be iffy requiring a signature

For starters, recipient signature (or date of actual receipt) matters not one bit. What matters is that you can prove a postmark date within the time frame of the applicable state law on rescission. Use USPS certified mail and send your rescission to every address you can find within your paperwork (but not to the resort where you purchased). Better still, just precisely follow the instructions in the rescission instructions provided to you at the time of contract execution. We're talking about spending a few dollars on postage to save tens of thousands of dollars, so don't be lazy or "cheap out" on this matter.

Any tablet or other "gift" associated with the purchase can (and should) be returned separately, at your convenience, by the cheapest means available.
Rest assured that if you fail to return items of value, their retail value will (lawfully) be deducted from your deposit refund amount.

Last edited:

Lloyd240sx

Reaction score
Yes, this. For startes, signature (or date of recdeipt) matters not one bit. What matters is that you can prove a postmark date within the time frame of applicable state law on rescission. Use USPS certified mail and send to every address you can find within your paperwork (or better still, follow precisely the instructions in the rescission instructions provided to you at the time of contract execution, as is required by law).

Here is what it says Theo no where does it say to return the kindle. It also states 1 address "or" the other P. O. BOX address.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lloyd, Don't overthink this. Save yourself ten$ of thou$and$. Mail a simple letter- no legalese or reasons required- either address is good.. Just a contract # and/or a copy of the signature page of the contract. If the Kindle was a gift for buying, they may want it back- or charge you something for it- They're under $100 anyway. Don't cry over it. If it was a gift for attending the presentation, it's yours.

Don't cancel the credit card- or use it for any other purposes- until the credit appears on it, THEN cancel. The card issuer (it isn't Wyndham) will issue you a check.

Glad you found us in time to save thousands. Many don't.

Jim

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Lloyd, Don't overthink this. Save yourself ten$ of thou$and$. Mail a simple letter- no legalese or reasons required- either address is good.. Just a contract # and/or a copy of the signature page of the contract. If the Kindle was a gift for buying, they may want it back- or charge you something for it- They're under $100 anyway. Don't cry over it. If it was a gift for attending the presentation, it's yours.

Don't cancel the credit card- or use it for any other purposes- until the credit appears on it, THEN cancel. The card issuer (it isn't Wyndham) will issue you a check.

Glad you found us in time to save thousands. Many don't.

Jim
Keep the rewards card and enjoy some hotel stays.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get that spiel too?? IN fact the weasel who told me that line, was at Daytona!
No, no sales weasel ever said that to me. I just like the end result of rescinding - they don't make any money at their end and the person rescinding saves tens of thousands of dollars. I call it a happy ending, but not the same type of happy ending one would experience in Thailand or the Philippines.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
A friend told me someone had paid $38,000 for Daytona but I don't know the number of points or year usage. Two years ago a scammer told me that my deeds were worth over $100000. Thank heavens they are now in trouble with FTC. When all of this settles maybe some value will return but never to that amount.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
I just rescinded myself this past weekend. We sent the letter to the po box with a certified receipt. You did the right thing.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did that address work out? Trying to decide which to send it to?
If it's that large a dilemma, send it to both of 'm, but just do it so you won't second guess yourself.

Cedartree105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham club acess, Wyndham Smokey Mountain
We sent the letters tot the street address. After talking to my wife she is going to send letter to the po box as well. The paperwork states you can do either or but just to be on the safe side were are going to do both.