• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Los Cabos

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wasn't this resort start accepting resies on 1/1/18? Just checked and it is not accepting them yet.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Wasn't this resort start accepting resies on 1/1/18? Just checked and it is not accepting them yet.
Can't technically book 8 months out until 5/1/2017. So perhaps, as previously indicated, Monday may be the date to keep an eye out for availability.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
right, I got the dates mixed up.

mindy35

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We visited this property many years ago (OMG, looking back it was 10 years!!!) before the hurricane. We stayed at the Club Regina, which had just been turned over to Raintree, but they had an arrangement with the Westin for full use of the Hotel facilities. The land south of the Westin Hotel, which had originally been designated as the Grand Regina, had recently been abandoned by Starwood as a develop-able property for SVO.

I know that the Westin Regina Hotel had been badly damaged by the Huricane. Is that what is being re-opened in April 2017? At the time, Club Regina was no-where near the caliber of the properties Vistana Owners would expect. Has it been combined with the Westin?

I don't know the status of any of these properties and would love to know if the new Vistana/SO trading partner is the former Club Regina, new buildings on the Westin Hotel property or new development on what was once to be the Grand Regina?

FYI, knowing the topography of the Los Cabos Corridor (high cliff's over the sea) and if my memory serves me right, this was a very steep property with an unswimmable beach (very rough). This allows for many units with beautiful views, sunrises and vistas but just a different experience than Lagunamar, HI, etc.

edit: So a quick google after my post shows that Raintree lists both of the Regina properties a part of their portfolio.

https://www.raintreevacationclub.com/vacation-resorts/mexico/

now I'm really confused. Are they converting the entire Westin Hotel to timeshare?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Here is a screen shot from Google Maps. I believe it is only the Westin Lost Cabos (circular shaped building) that is being converted to Vistana timeshare.

Capture.JPG

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
...I don't know the status of any of these properties and would love to know if the new Vistana/SO trading partner is the former Club Regina, new buildings on the Westin Hotel property or new development on what was once to be the Grand Regina?...

The Vistana timeshare property is in the Westin Hotel section of the sprawling resort property on the point. There were already some really nice, large suites in the hotel, but Vistana is converting them, and other hotel units into timeshares. For now, Raintree Vacation Club will continue to run Club Regina, and be affiliated with Grand Regina. Grand Regina has had a troubled history with the developer/management from the beginning, but the residences are definitely up to Vistana standards. I know many Grand Regina owners wanted to join Starwood, but there has been talk about that since the resort was in the building stage.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
I stayed here when it was the hotel and it was gorgeous. Reminds me a little of lagunamar on its design. Glad they turned it into timeshare, I hope vistana keeps on adding.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't technically book 8 months out until 5/1/2017. So perhaps, as previously indicated, Monday may be the date to keep an eye out for availability.
It's Monday, still not accepting reservations...

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reservation windows are now available - but somewhat limited. I put in a few January dates and they populated. Mainly 2 bedroom 148,100. There appears to be a 176,100 option available, with low availability; so they must have a few that are either bigger or better views.

I have not been able to find a Star Options chart yet with the rates and options.

For reference and discussion as well - it doesn't appear at least early on that Los Cabos will have a low season weeks 1-4 like Cancun. That is Cancun's best value, for option value. We love that time of year and how far you can stretch your options.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Reservation windows are now available - but somewhat limited. I put in a few January dates and they populated. Mainly 2 bedroom 148,100. There appears to be a 176,100 option available, with low availability; so they must have a few that are either bigger or better views.

I have not been able to find a Star Options chart yet with the rates and options.

For reference and discussion as well - it doesn't appear at least early on that Los Cabos will have a low season weeks 1-4 like Cancun. That is Cancun's best value, for option value. We love that time of year and how far you can stretch your options.
The higher valued 2BR looks to be the 2BR Premium Villa, though they don't differentiate the two in the basic description in the villa finder. Though you can see when you look at the details that the higher SO 2BR has a max occupancy of 8 where the lower value one has a max occupancy of only 6.

I am not overly surprised that January is not a lower season. It doesn't really make sense that it is a lower season at Lagunamar. I wonder if they wish now that they had kept January at Lagunamar as Plat Plus?

Kildahl

TUG Member
Reaction score
At a recent owners update in California, our salesman stated that Westin Los Cabos would be available through the end of 2017 using SO or SP.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
So doesn't this suggest something like WKORV's new StarOptions Chart?

176K for a premium 2BR
148K for a standard 2BR
95K for a premium 1BR
81K for a standard 1BR

Naturally, this assumes there really are 1BR's, which I still hope they do. But I would be very happy to see continued usage of the legacy points charts. I see HGVC starting to be all over with their points requirements and hope that pattern doesn't spread.

Best,

Greg

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't ask. I speculate, after all why are we all here if not to speculate wildly that.

Season weeks will look like Cancun.
1-4 being Gold Plus.
5-17 Platinum Plus

I also speculate the platinum plus points will be as below.

2Br premium sleeping 8 will be a 148100 a week unit, the 2 bed will be a 129800 unit and a studio will be 67100.

My benchmarks below.
Weather J F M
Cancun H 81 82 84 L 67 68 71.
Los Cabos 74 77 81 L 54 55 56
Bahamas 78 75 80 L 73 70 73

Los Cabos 2br premium 1206 Sq ft sleeps 8
Cancun 2br LO 1140 Sq ft sleeps 8

Los Cabos 2 bed 900 Sq ft sleeps 6
Harborside 2 bed 888 Sq ft sleeps 6

Los Cabos Studio 414 Sq ft sleeps 4
Cancun studio 400 Sq ft sleeps 4

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

176K for a premium 2BR
148K for a standard 2BR
95K for a premium 1BR
81K for a standard 1BR

Naturally, this assumes there really are 1BR's, which I still hope they do. But I would be very happy to see continued usage of the legacy points charts. I see HGVC starting to be all over with their points requirements and hope that pattern doesn't spread.

Best,

Greg
But this is MX not HI.

Remember WLR was pointed more like Florida at launch.

MF will be more Mexico that HI or St J as well. This is mainland not island property.

That said, we shall see which one of us is right.

Sent from my E6603 using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

176K for a premium 2BR
148K for a standard 2BR
95K for a premium 1BR
81K for a standard 1BR

Best,

Greg
If the floor plans posted on the Vistana site are an indicator, there are no 1BR units. Only the 2BR Premium, 2BR standard and studio. I haven't seen any studio availability with the limited offerings in January and February 2018, but I suspect the studios would be 67,100 during prime, just like they are at Lagumanar.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score

176K for a premium 2BR
148K for a standard 2BR
95K for a premium 1BR
81K for a standard 1BR

Best,

Greg
Greg, looks like you were right for premium 2br (sleeps 8) and 2br (6).

There are no 1br, just studio.

I'll go with others here 67,100 for a peak week on those. Can't see those open for booking yet though.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Nevermind.. I used Feb and availability came up.

Last edited:

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
What's considered "premium" at the resort?? If we own a 2Bd LO at WLR could we see a bump in SO?

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
There was some talk about the oceanside units increasing in the same manner as the ocean front units in Maui. As an owner of one of these weeks, i would be real happy with that outcome.

Markus

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
What's considered "premium" at the resort?? If we own a 2Bd LO at WLR could we see a bump in SO?
Premium sleeps 8 where the standard only sleeps 6. So Los Cabos isn't necessarily in line with WLR. WLR sleeps 8 but only gets 148,000 SOs for Platinum Plus season where Los Cabos gets 176,000. I would think if they were going to bump WLR, they would have done so already. Perhaps the OS units could get a bump and I think that bump would make sense.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Usually a resort seems to need to go back into active sales for a bump to occur. WLR, like HRA is fully built out.

HRA is the real sucks to own now. 148,100 for a week with $3k MF

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Usually a resort seems to need to go back into active sales for a bump to occur. WLR, like HRA is fully built out.

HRA is the real sucks to own now. 148,100 for a week with $3k MF
Wasn't WKORV N/S fully built out when they bumped the Ocean Front units?

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
They may consider doing it when they put the Cancun Westin Regina in active sales.

Markus

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just readjusted our reservations for 2018 and freed up a bunch of SOs to book this for May 2018. We do not need a 2BR as it is just 2 of us but we do not want a studio either. Just wish they have a 1BR. I hope 2BR is not a combination of 2 studios...:(