• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
We have compiled a chart that provides a great high level overview comparison of the major Timeshare industry players currently (2017) that have point system memberships.

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshare-system-comparison-chart.html

Created with help from TUG members spurned by the discussion in this thread:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-compare-point-systems.255425/

We hope you enjoy reading it and find it useful! It was quite a learning experience for all involved in creating it!

qwerty

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I'm reading the chart correctly, you do not have a RCI points comparison. I see Wyndham which has same ownership but different point system.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Concerning RCI Points -- it should be addressed but it isn't in the same "ballpark" as the products listed in the table. RCI Points is more of a service than a product. One doesn't purchase pure points directly from RCI -- but, instead, one buys a separate timeshare that is 'converted to points' and 'affiliated' with the RCI Points exchange service.

There are many (hundreds? thousands?) of different timeshare resorts affiliated with RCI Points. Their cost and point structures will vary widely -- making it even more difficult to "average" than the handful of points products listed in the comparison table.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have come to love the insight from another TUGger (whom I couldn't find the source of, but a 'tip of the hat' anyway)

THE ULTIMATE POINT SYSTEM: CASH.

JIM

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have come to love the insight from another TUGger (whom I couldn't find the source of, but a 'tip of the hat' anyway)

THE ULTIMATE POINT SYSTEM: CASH.

JIM
Many of my vacations would cost me at least twice as much in the CASH Rental System. I use my cash to buy WorldMark points and get my vacations at a significant discount.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
have had a few people send emails/calls about the lack of "rci points" listed in the comparison chart.

im not quite sure how we would incorporate a useful comparison given its not an actual membership you can "buy" but instead is an exchange company.... but we can talk it over more if you like!

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We have compiled a chart that provides a great high level overview comparison of the major Timeshare industry players currently (2017) that have point system memberships.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-compare-point-systems.255425/

We hope you enjoy reading it and find it useful! It was quite a learning experience for all involved in creating it!
Why have you ignored Festiva?

You may want to add Festiva to your listing. They have 21 resorts plus sailing vacation and they have an exchange network. They also exchange through I.I.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
have had a few people send emails/calls about the lack of "rci points" listed in the comparison chart.
im not quite sure how we would incorporate a useful comparison given its not an actual membership you can "buy" but instead is an exchange company.... but we can talk it over more if you like!

This would be more appropriate for a comparison of exchange companies - I wouldn't put it with the resort systems.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Why have you ignored Festiva?

You may want to add Festiva to your listing. They have 21 resorts plus sailing vacation and they have an exchange network. They also exchange through I.I.

Not enough discussion or participation by Festiva members. I know nothing about it. Obviously no one else that contributed knew anything either or we would have added it.

Can't comment about what we don't know. I personally have Hilton, Wyndham and Holiday Inn points. I can comment about those just fine.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There are lots of smaller systems out there. As the systems get smaller, the return from effort involved to create the table and keep it updated diminishes. At some point it's no longer worthwhile.

Perhaps it would be good to also list out smaller systems that are not included in the chart, and suggest that people post questions in the "All Other Timeshare Systems" forum.

BTW, other systems, in addition to Festiva, include Vacation Internationale and Raintree.

DanZale2000

TUG Member
Reaction score

Last summer I attended a sales presentation at The Grandview in Las Vegas -- a Vacation Village resort. They were selling RCI points and the pitch was indistinguishable from what I have received at pure points systems like Diamond Resorts and Bluegreen. I also attended the Bluegreen presentation at Club 36. I don't see how a newbie would have any idea there's a difference between RCI points and Bluegreen points.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we just need to find a shell owner/expert to fill in the last few blanks!

flyguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the chart, ownership in Diamond Resort maintenance fee includes II membership.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the chart, ownership in Diamond Resort maintenance fee includes II membership.

Developer purchased points only. Developer points and resale points are held in separate accounts. An individual with both types will have two accounts. An II membership is included only with the developer account.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Shell fees include an II membership but doesn't show on the chart.

Shell is crazy expensive, as I know so very well. However, using the points for 5-night stays, starting Sun, is much less expensive per night, and that is how we use our Shell ownership. Peacock Suites is cheap to stay, and it's really even cheaper than exchanging into the resort. It's only 2,550 points for a one bedroom for a full week, which is 23.5 per point X 2,550. That is a little less than $600 for a week. The two bedrooms during prime summer are only 3,900 points. It's less than that during some of the slower times of year. So it's not as bad as it looks.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Brian,

This is a good addition to TUG, I'm glad that it has been created and it will help many people!

Best,

Greg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thank you for the shell information, ive updated the chart and uploaded the new version to the site!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad you found us in time!

Binspira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree
Brian - Maybe you can start a new post like the one in 2006 where TUG members were surveyed about how they rank different time share companies and why? There is so much information out there and it would be interesting to see how things have shifted. Just a thought. Thanks for posting.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
Brian - Maybe you can start a new post like the one in 2006 where TUG members were surveyed about how they rank different time share companies and why? There is so much information out there and it would be interesting to see how things have shifted. Just a thought. Thanks for posting.
Which post are you referring to, Binspira? Do you have a link? Thanks!

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here you go ---> http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...he-top-4-hotel-based-timeshare-systems.34031/
this is a Sticky Topic under Other Timeshare companies.. seems like a great topic to be updated.
Ah, but it was updated? The new version is linked right at the top of the 1st thread: http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshare-system-comparison-chart.html

In fact, you are commenting in the discussion topic related to that very update! :) Perhaps what is called for is a short list of "strengths and weaknesses" for each column?