• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2016 - to present ] What is the best movie and or Tv series you have watched on Netflix or Amazon Prime??

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Americans is on FX, not Fox.
Yep, major typo.

We loved watching Man in the High Castle. I would love to see season 3 of that one. They had a sort of finale for it that last episode.

I may watch that from the beginning again. There were some things happening in season 2 that correlated to season 1; however, I had to ask Rick a few times how that related to season 1.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, major typo.

We loved watching Man in the High Castle. I would love to see season 3 of that one. They had a sort of finale for it that last episode.

I may watch that from the beginning again. There were some things happening in season 2 that correlated to season 1; however, I had to ask Rick a few times how that related to season 1.
We love High Caslte also but DH always ends up explaining coorelation from previous episodes to me also. Have no idea how he manages to remenber everything with all of the jumping around. It's a good series though. Keeping our thumbs up for a Season 3.:thumbup:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Watch : Last Tango in Halifax.
Mad Men
Parenthood
Grey's Anatomy
Hell on Wheels
Breaking Bad
All on Netflix

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Longmire and Bosch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
For people that liked The Crown, try Reign. Netflix has 3 seasons but it's a CW series. Young Mary Queen of Scots.

If you liked The Fall try Marcella, not quite as dark or intense as The Fall.

If you like Jessica Jones, try the Netflix Luke Cage and Daredevil series. These are all leading into an upcoming new Marvel series (The Defenders). They will first release the Iron Fist series before The Defenders. On the darker side of the Marvel group but well done.

All of the Amazon PBS offerings are pretty good:
Poldark
Mr Selfridge
Endevor
Grantchester
Breathless
Worricker Trilogy (Bill Nighy)
The Escape Artist (David Tennent)
Arthur & George

For raucous reflection of superficial self indulgence with an underlying mysterious thread, The Royals is a guilty pleasure. It an E! series but Prime has at least two seasons.

Netflix also enjoyed:
A Series of Unfortunate Events
Stranger Things
Penny Dreadful (very dark but extremely well done)
Republic of Doyle (Canadian series -- 6 seasons, 13 episodes/ea)

And, I don't think I will ever catch up on all of the espisodes of Supernatural. It's now in it's 13th(?) Season. Netflix only has 11.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I watch very few of our Dish Network channels anymore. But we have the local channels, and I have to have news channels other than the local ones (I get sick of seeing child and animal abuse stories on local news). I am thinking Amazon will someday offer all of our favorite stuff on Amazon Prime, or an even more premium subscription annually, and we can dump Dish for good.

Netflix is something we should try.

I love Homeland and paid for a month of Showtime to see all of the episodes on demand. Then I dropped Showtime.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
Breaking Bad and Luther on Netflix and Suits on Amazon

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
If you liked The Fall try Marcella, not quite as dark or intense as The Fall.

I watched Marcella, because I think Netflix had it as a "you may also like..." while I was watching The Fall. Good show, I hope there will be another season.

I love Homeland and paid for a month of Showtime to see all of the episodes on demand. Then I dropped Showtime.

I keep hoping that since Nurse Jackie, Weeds and Californication all were on Showtime and are now on Netflix, that Homeland will show up too at some point. I've been hearing good things about it for years and would love to see it.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hands down, Arrested Development. I know it isn't an original, but it came and went so fast that no one ever caught on.

I liked the original, although we never saw it in its original run on FOX. We binge-watched it on a relative's borrowed DVD. The second installment on Netflix was a little disappointing.

I like watching Fuller House. I watched the original Full House a lot in the 80s and 90s and then binge-watched the series on Netflix shortly before Fuller House came out on Netflix. Yeah, this post is probably getting a lot of "Really?!" and "Whatever" reactions but hey, we're all entitled to guilty pleasures.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, this post is probably getting a lot of "Really?!" and "Whatever" reactions but hey, we're all entitled to guilty pleasures.

Not so crazy, really. Our daughter and granddaughter love Full House and watched the entire series, then watched the Netflix series. They enjoyed every minute, and it makes me wish I had Netflix. I still want to see the Gilmore Girls recent episodes.

Mosca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked the original, although we never saw it in its original run on FOX. We binge-watched it on a relative's borrowed DVD. The second installment on Netflix was a little disappointing.

I agree, the extra season was okay but nowhere near as wonderful as the first three seasons.

planzfortomorrow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of great stuff already mentioned. I'll add:

The fades (about ghosts/zombies)
Humans (robots)
In the flesh (zombies)
Teen Wolf (30 yr old werewolves posing as teenagers)
Charlie Jade (from 2005, so everyone else has probably already seen it) Alternate universes
The expanse (season 2 now being released on syfy channel)
True Blood (Vampires, werewolves, oh my!)
Grimm (monster hunter police detective)
Hunted (from 2012, so again, everyone else has probably already seen it)--spy thriller whodunit type

I like shows that involve some type of supernatural theme... used to love mysteries but heck, you've seen a few thousand whodunit shows you've seen them all. Now, add a zombie or werewolf, an oddball conspiracy theory or two, a dead body or two & a bit of mystery, and --pure perfection! Hunted is the only one that's 'normal', with no supernatural stuff at all.

And although it's already been mentioned, I actually broke down & got the amazon prime subscription JUST for the Bosch series, and haven't regretted it one bit. Even if it lacks a werewolf or two.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
It seems like we have watched most of the shows already listed in the thread. Recently though, on Amazon Prime, we have binged Goliath, Sneaky Pete and Schitts Creek. Recently on Netflix we are watching the Border Security USA and Border Security Canada series. Its amazing at what people try to get away with. We also liked Netfix Marco Polo, Lillyhammer and a few of the newer westerns.

Bill

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
As many have said, Bosch on Amazon Prime is outstanding. Season 3 begins April 21, and I am totally stoked to see it.

On Netflix, we were drawn into The Killing--an intense police procedural series set in Seattle. Seattle's a beautiful city, but you never saw it on this series, as you follow the exploits of Detectives Sarah Linden (Mirielle Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnamon) through five seasons (the 5th and last was shown on AMC).

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
On Netflix, we were drawn into The Killing--an intense police procedural series set in Seattle. Seattle's a beautiful city, but you never saw it on this series, as you follow the exploits of Detectives Sarah Linden (Mirielle Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnamon) through five seasons (the 5th and last was shown on AMC).

Thanks for the reminder. On regular TV I came in late to first season of The Killing, and watched second. I'd seen mention of more seasons, but had forgotten about it. I'll watch first episode in the next day or two to get it on my "list", and list will remind me to watch this series. I keep several things going at one time -- right now Wentworth & Lilyhammer for dramas and Californication, Weeds and Grace & Frankie for comedies (although I often fail to see the humor in both Weeds and Californication).

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now, I am watching Damages on Netflix. Glenn Close plays a lawyer and she is wicked!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A bit of a chick flick...but I loved the movie Safe Haven. Movie based on Nicholas Sparks book. I watched it on Netflix a couple years ago and noticed they are offering it again.

Red Knave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV
On Netflix, we were drawn into The Killing--an intense police procedural series set in Seattle.
I've read this twice in this thread but it was filmed in Vancouver, BC (standing in for Seattle). We also enjoyed it a lot.
A few we watch on Canadian Netflix are Suits, Longmire, House of Cards, Bloodline, Marco Polo, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, Luther ... maybe we watch too much tv?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I've read this twice in this thread but it was filmed in Vancouver, BC (standing in for Seattle). We also enjoyed it a lot.
A few we watch on Canadian Netflix are Suits, Longmire, House of Cards, Bloodline, Marco Polo, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, Luther ... maybe we watch too much tv?

I watched the first two episodes of The Killing last night -- lots of shots of the Space Needle to set the Seattle scene. No matter where they filmed it, now I remember that I really dislike all the gray and wet, and I really dislike the lead detective's partner, although I seem to remember that he redeems himself. Cliff always laughs at me because I can't remember having seen certain movies before. We'll get toward the finish and suddenly I have a flash of how it will end. He claims he times me to see how far in to a film I get before remembering I've seen it -- pretty far most times! So I remember all the players in The Killing now that I am rewatching it, but I don't remember who killed the girl at this point.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved watching House of Cards, Suits and The Fall. can't wait for the new seasons to be offered.

Dori

Dori, thanks for recommending the fall, I really enjoyed it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I watched the first two episodes of The Killing last night -- lots of shots of the Space Needle to set the Seattle scene. No matter where they filmed it, now I remember that I really dislike all the gray and wet, and I really dislike the lead detective's partner, although I seem to remember that he redeems himself. Cliff always laughs at me because I can't remember having seen certain movies before. We'll get toward the finish and suddenly I have a flash of how it will end. He claims he times me to see how far in to a film I get before remembering I've seen it -- pretty far most times! So I remember all the players in The Killing now that I am rewatching it, but I don't remember who killed the girl at this point.

You're talking about Season 1, which is one of the best of the series, and the person that killed the girl is definitely a twist ending. There are four more seasons beyond that. Regarding your comments about the "gray and the wet"--you're right. I've read that the producers wanted to emphasize the rain and drizzle of Seattle--and the accompanying gray skies--to establish the dismal nature of the detectives' mission, which is to find the person or persons responsible for the kidnap and murder of Rosie, a middle-class family's pride and joy.

Last edited:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Death in Paradise because I like palms trees, and Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, well, because I like Miss Fisher.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you like dark thrillers check out 'The Missing' on Netflix. If you don't mind subtitles have a look at 'Fauda' and 'Nobel' also on Netflix. Fauda (or chaos) an Israeli thriller makes Homeland seem tame. Nobel is a Norwegian special ops returns home thriller.