• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Photo album of The Bay Club

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

Almond123

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fanta Sea Resorts, Flagship Atlantic City;
The Bay Club at Waikoloa, HGVC;
Ka'anapali Beach Resort, DRI;
Great photos. We are headed there on the 18th of March. I only own a one bedroom but I got it from a Tugger so I am happy. Anything that I should know before I arrive? Did they do any upgrades or things like that?

taffy19

Reaction score
Great pictures, Doug. Were the two computers and printer in your condo or in a common area?

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

For folks who may not know....
It's been reported that Bay Club guests have free access to the Kohala Suites pool and one free complimentary pass for KingsLand (see below for details). HGVC Elite members also have complimentary access to KingsLand (see below for details).

From GregT's post
...Any guest checking into the Bay Club or Kohala Suites that has booked their unit utilizing their HGVC points will receive one (1) complimentary KingsLand facility pass per stay regardless of length. This not only includes the new Super pool but also the Jacuzzis, fitness center, locker rooms, game room and great hall. The pass is good for up to four (4) people. Additional passes may be purchased at either the Kahala Suites Main Lobby or at the KingsLand...

From Sunshine Wanted's post
Bay Club is welcome to use the pool at Kohala (Waikoloa Beach Resort), as they share the same property. Bay Club does have 2 pools of their own. They are fairly basic pools if I recall (not crowded at all though); WBR has a pool with fountains, etc. We loved hanging at the WBR pool last year, and actually never wanted to use the Hilton Resort pools (pretty cold water). We were staying at WBR, so could have...

From HGVC's Elite page
Access to KingsLand Clubhouse while staying at Waikoloa Beach Resort or Bay Club

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
nice pics. So those were of the 2.5 bath villas?

We own at Bay Club, but used points to stay both in Honolulu and Bay Club last September.
I didn't know we could have gotten a Kingsland pass; concierge at check in only gave us
a packet. But I don't remember it having a pass for Kingsland.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Great photos. We are headed there on the 18th of March. I only own a one bedroom but I got it from a Tugger so I am happy. Anything that I should know before I arrive? Did they do any upgrades or things like that?

If you're talking about upgrading your room size, no, you get what you own or what you reserve. I can't really think of any words of wisdom before you arrive for the resort but, if you don't have a Costco membership, it comes in handy. The prices at Costco are the same prices I was paying on the mainland and their gas prices are 35 to 60 cents cheaper than the gas prices I've seen everywhere else. There was a long line to buy gas when we went there yesterday afternoon.

There is an ABC store but it's called Island Gourmet close by. It's open until 11:00 PM.

If you're flight lands after dark, have a GPS. We had some difficulty finding the access road to get to the resort. There's no street lights to speak off which makes driving where you're unfamiliar more of a challenge.

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
nice pics. So those were of the 2.5 bath villas?

We own at Bay Club, but used points to stay both in Honolulu and Bay Club last September.
I didn't know we could have gotten a Kingsland pass; concierge at check in only gave us
a packet. But I don't remember it having a pass for Kingsland.

Yes, it's a 2.5 bath villa.

taffy19

Reaction score
They're in the business center
I didn't think that you would travel with two desktop computers and a big printer too. ;) You may have mentioned this in your description that it was at the business center. I should have looked.

Don't you love Smugmug? I hope that they stay a private company!!!!!

Almond123

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you're talking about upgrading your room size, no, you get what you own or what you reserve. I can't really think of any words of wisdom before you arrive for the resort but, if you don't have a Costco membership, it comes in handy. The prices at Costco are the same prices I was paying on the mainland and their gas prices are 35 to 60 cents cheaper than the gas prices I've seen everywhere else. There was a long line to buy gas when we went there yesterday afternoon.

There is an ABC store but it's called Island Gourmet close by. It's open until 11:00 PM.

If you're flight lands after dark, have a GPS. We had some difficulty finding the access road to get to the resort. There's no street lights to speak off which makes driving where you're unfamiliar more of a challenge.

Thank you for the info and I am a Costco member and rent cars there often. I was actually wondering if they had any construction or repairs going on or that kind of thing. We were there in 2014 and liked it and thats why we decided to own there. Thank you.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doug thanks for sharing your "awesome photos" and information.
I have missed your t/s photos slide shows.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Thank you for the info and I am a Costco member and rent cars there often. I was actually wondering if they had any construction or repairs going on or that kind of thing. We were there in 2014 and liked it and thats why we decided to own there. Thank you.

They are doing some updating of the units at this time. I don't believe ours has been updated since the ceiling fan in the master bedroom doesn't work and a few other minor items.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score

A small perk - once a week there is free ice cream in the afternoon at the kohala pool. (It's very popular.)

Almond123

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A small perk - once a week there is free ice cream in the afternoon at the kohala pool. (It's very popular.)
I do like ice cream and will be sure to ask about this. I am still not sure how to tell if my one bedroom has one bathroom or one and a half bedroom? They make it a little difficult to figure that out. Can anyone tell me how to know if the unit has one or one and a half bathroom? Thank you.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I do like ice cream and will be sure to ask about this. I am still not sure how to tell if my one bedroom has one bathroom or one and a half bedroom? They make it a little difficult to figure that out. Can anyone tell me how to know if the unit has one or one and a half bathroom? Thank you.

Take a look at your deed, it should list the unit number. If you book through the Bay Club you will get your deeded unit/type. HGVC booking, no telling which one you get, I suppose you could request a D type.

Once you know your deeded unit number, look it up on this site map to see whether its a C or D. I used to own 928, which was a D type, second floor in building 9 - I got that unit booking direct with the club office.
09781375099d7513c1b268343f24dc20.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almond123

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I looked at my deed and it says the unit number is 928? It also has a ICN number of 928-39-OD? If I am correct in reading this that means I have a one and a half bathroom unit. I booked direct with the Bay Club and have not joined HGVC. Is it possible that I have the same unit you did? Just wondering. Thanks again for the map. I am happy to learn anything I can and have learned a lot since I have been a member but I do learn something new every day.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

One other thought as we begin to wrap up our week. I think if we return, the first day we'll go to Costco and see if they have beach chairs. I know they had them this time but, by the time I went in we were halfway through the week and had other plans. At any rate I'd buy a couple of beach chairs and spend a reasonable amount of time down at A-Bay beach watching the waves roll in and occasionally cooling off in the water. It's a pretty beach and OK for swimming but, water clarity is poor (maybe 2 feet) and there are intermittent rock outcroppings that would be hard on the feet without good water shoes (I own a pair of Keen's). Sunsets from this beach can be very nice.

I'm not sure if beach chairs and/or umbrella's are available through the resort. Maybe someone else can chime in on that topic. I tend to show up, have no plans and just do my own thing. Sometimes we miss something but we're relaxed when we get home and often have a reason or two to return.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
One other thought as we begin to wrap up our week. I think if we return, the first day we'll go to Costco and see if they have beach chairs. I know they had them this time but, by the time I went in we were halfway through the week and had other plans. At any rate I'd buy a couple of beach chairs and spend a reasonable amount of time down at A-Bay beach watching the waves roll in and occasionally cooling off in the water. ....

I'm not sure if beach chairs and/or umbrella's are available through the resort. Maybe someone else can chime in on that topic. I tend to show up, have no plans and just do my own thing. Sometimes we miss something but we're relaxed when we get home and often have a reason or two to return.

Last time we were there, I wanted to rent a beach umbrella, but the places I found online were in Kona, and timing just wasn't right with our flights.
I'd be interested too if the resorts had rentals, but think it highly unlikely.
I see online there's a rental place up in Waikoloa Village called "Dorkel's Snorkel".
Anyone rented from them?

Down in Kona, Kona Boy's website says they have umbrellas. Snorkel Bob's has chairs but doesn't list umbrellas. I've not been to either of them.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I looked at my deed and it says the unit number is 928? It also has a ICN number of 928-39-OD? If I am correct in reading this that means I have a one and a half bathroom unit. I booked direct with the Bay Club and have not joined HGVC. Is it possible that I have the same unit you did? Just wondering. Thanks again for the map. I am happy to learn anything I can and have learned a lot since I have been a member but I do learn something new every day.

Yep, that was the unit I owned, I gave it away here on TUG bargain deals, looks like you own the larger 1 br now. They should put you in 928, it a good location next to a pool.

Almond123

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got it from bargain deals probably from the person you gave it to. Small world and all that.. When I spoke to the Bay Club about my reservation next week they told me that I wouldn't get that number unit and they would give me something that was the same type that I owned. We were there two years ago on a exchange and liked it so when I saw the week available I decided I would own there. It is every other year but that works for us. Thank you for you info and I appreciate all the people here that are a great help to others.
Yep, that was the unit I owned, I gave it away here on TUG bargain deals, looks like you own the larger 1 br now. They should put you in 928, it a good location next to a pool.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bay Club is my "home away from home". Not glitzy, but well maintained and the staff are super friendly. As long as I can drag my bones to Hawaii, I'll be going there.

Almond123

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club is my "home away from home". Not glitzy, but well maintained and the staff are super friendly. As long as I can drag my bones to Hawaii, I'll be going there.

I couldn't agree more. We are retired and love it there as well. The only drawback is the airfare but I learned from this site that Alaskan airlines has a companion airfare deal that I am using this year. I haven't joined HGVC as of yet but may do that once I can no longer drag my bones there. I look forward to many years before that happens but like anything else its is what it is. I will go there every other year and when the time comes that I can't I will see if the kids want it and if not I will pass it on to another tugger. Why not?

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great minds think alike! I use it as my "winter vacation". Now if only some storage center on the Kona side would realize there is a market for a micro storage unit. . . (I'm currently using a unit over in Hilo.)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I got it from bargain deals probably from the person you gave it to. Small world and all that.. When I spoke to the Bay Club about my reservation next week they told me that I wouldn't get that number unit and they would give me something that was the same type that I owned. We were there two years ago on a exchange and liked it so when I saw the week available I decided I would own there. It is every other year but that works for us. Thank you for you info and I appreciate all the people here that are a great help to others.

I originally purchased it from eBay and used it a few times. I took another free timeshare here to trade for Maui so I decided to let it go. I now own more HGVC points so I'm in process of giving that one away. It gets addictive buying and selling timeshares. :)

I've booked an exchange into Bay Club next April, it was the first place we stayed on BI and always enjoy staying there.