• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No problems getting good traditional exchanges

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
When we first put our deeded weeks into the DC, the idea was to just cover our bases. Which turned out to be a good idea because health issues necessitated shorter vacations and checking in on non-traditional check in days. Now, however, we're back to normal and we locked-off our 3 bedroom Las Vegas Grand Chateau unit and deposited both units.

The one bedroom unit we used to exchange into a summer week in Breckenridge. No big deal as that's an easy exchange. However we decided to go back to Palm Desert and put in a request for a 2 bedroom unit anytime during the month of March. I.I. called last week and offered us a 1 bedroom unit, which we turned down. Tonight I checked our account and we're confirmed into a 2 bedroom Shadow Ridge Enclaves. OK, not terribly exciting but, if we had listened to the sales people, this should have been impossible.

Moral of the story, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Doug, that's really good to hear, I'm glad you got that exchange and I think you will enjoy Palm Desert in March. Thx for posting the successful trade.

Best,

Greg

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Doug, March should be a great time to be in Palm Desert. Congratulations on getting both of your trades.

I agree with you, there are still good trades to be had. We had traded our Desert Spings Villas 1BR platinum week for a 2BR at Newport Coast in early May. Using a retrade we recently exchanged that for a 2BR at Ko Olina in early, which turned out to be an ocean view unit. We decided we couldn't pass up another trip to Hawaii.

Enjoy your trip.

Mike

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
Last year I traded a Monarch 3rd week August for last week july at the Grand Ocean. I needed to sleep 8. Confirmed 11 months out within 48 hours of doing the request. This year I have a trade request for the Monarch to Newport. I have been waiting 2 months and still hopeful. I just put in on Redweek. Figured I can rent my Monarch and use it to Rent Newport. This year I traded the one bedroom of a 2 bedroom lockout at the Chateau for a 2 bedroom at the Surf for the 3rd week of August. Real happy with this trade. I think II is still a good viable option for trading.

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been lucky as well. We just booked 2 weeks we had on deposit of 1bdrm gold season Aruba for a 2 bdrm non Marriott in SXM , and a 3bdrm Frenchmans Cove for the other week (although gawd only knows what dh and I are going to do with a 3bdrm but it was the only week avail for the time frame we had....lol)

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

This morning (exactly 12 months out) I was confirmed into a 1BR at Ko Olina for Feb 17-Feb 24, 2018. I traded the larger of the Shadow Ridge 1BR lock-offs for this and think this is a good trade. Now I just hope I can go!

Best,

Greg

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
All,

This morning (exactly 12 months out) I was confirmed into a 1BR at Ko Olina for Feb 17-Feb 24, 2018. I traded the larger of the Shadow Ridge 1BR lock-offs for this and think this is a good trade. Now I just hope I can go!

Best,

Greg
Nice snag. BTW....how does a CFO get to take time off in February. I am knee deep in an audit during that time of the year. Lucky you!!!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Nice snag. BTW....how does a CFO get to take time off in February. I am knee deep in an audit during that time of the year. Lucky you!!!
Right? :D:D:D I will have to retire to ever get a day off between January and April.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Just lucky I guess...!!! Are you guys public? We are still private and our audit doesn't start until next week....

Best,

Greg

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
I traded the lockoff 1 bedroom of the Grand Chateau for a 2 BR Aruba Surf for Aug 21.. cost $99. Today I was looking to book the flights for Aruba but gave a retrade one last look. A 3 BR pooped up for St Kitts for an additional 99 for the same dates. Been to Aruba with the kids (26 and 29) a few times but we have never been to st Kitts. Aruba won on the vote but the trade was available.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
All,

Best,

Greg
Let me know if you can't go! :cool:

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Barony Bronze for Desert Spring Villas 1 two bedroom for Christmas week 2017.
Barony Silver for two bedroom Newport Coast Villas second week in September 2017

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

I'm in the same boat, its hard to get time off the first week and last week of any given month and quarter close's are brutal followed by year end close, which for my company is in March. I dread April, no one in the whole finance group is allowed to take any vacation during this month...

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All,

Best,

Greg
All,

I'm kind of excited about this. When I matched the 1BR (Mountain View) at Ko Olina for these dates, I started a Worldmark trade looking for the Studio. It matched today with the same check-in and view, so I can build a 2BR! Hat tip to PerryM for sharing one of the original tricks about trading into Marriott Studio's using Worldmark....his theory was, Marriott owners prefer not to use their deposit on a Studio, so Marriott studio's slip can through the 24 day preference period more often than you would think.

Now I have to find a way to use these reservations -- but Davidvel, you'll be first in line if I can't!

Best,

Greg