• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Luggage you can ride on!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Would you use something like this? It isn't on the market yet, but it looks interesting.

Click on the word "this" above to see the video.

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You did not attach a video.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Click on the word "this".

Ahhhh, shame on me! Can't watch video currently, but I'm interested in seeing this later tonight.

I wouldn't be sure how something like this would weather airport handling. Not to mention the baggage handlers having luggage races down the tarmac once they figure out what they are. (Both comments are before having actually seen the video)

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps for a disabled traveler that has very, very few personal belongings to transport. There's a reason why no cutaway view is provided. The handlebar, batteries, electronics, wheels, steering and motor take up space obviously.

No, I wouldn't consider using this, and chuckled when it was suggested "three times faster than walking". This guy has never seen my airport walk ;)

Destined as a short lived novelty. We'll see...

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It's a clever concept. I think I'd wait for the 2.0 version - where it comes with a trailer hitch. Families could tow their loved ones through the airport. And of course the last one in line would have to be red, like a caboose. The "people of a certain size" crowd would need to have one reinforced for their specific application. And of course, then the 18-wheeler crowd would have to have a big diesel version, with air horns.

Karen, I think you're onto something. I like it! :)

Dave

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ahhhh, shame on me! Can't watch video currently, but I'm interested in seeing this later tonight.

I wouldn't be sure how something like this would weather airport handling. Not to mention the baggage handlers having luggage races down the tarmac once they figure out what they are. (Both comments are before having actually seen the video)
Once you see the video, you'll see that the bag is designed to be carry-on luggage and they said it was designed to have 85% of the capacity of a regular carryon bag to accomodate the handle, battery, etc.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Those things must have good-sized batteries -- will they run into the same fate as the hover boards that are banned in airports?

Kurt

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could be useful for tailgating. Bag would need insulating. :)

Kel

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a funny idea. But, the specs show the bag weighs 20 lb. without the battery. I would never be able to fill the suitcase with my stuff and be able to lift it into an overhead compartment. I still had a good laugh watching the video. Thanks.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Haha! I want to have one...in the future :) I'm currently fit enough that I don't mind walking with my luggage :whooopie:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Those things must have good-sized batteries -- will they run into the same fate as the hover boards that are banned in airports?

Kurt

That was my first thought too.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If the TSA saw this in a scanner, they'd prolly clear the area.
Also, the FAA may have something to say about the batteries on planes.

In some states, you may need a DL w-motorcycle endorsement and a helmet. :ponder:

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
I love what great idea some people come up with. If you can imagine it, you can do or make it. What about 3D printing? You can make anything. This movie is already three years old so the advances must be huge by now.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love what great idea some people come up with. If you can imagine it, you can do or make it. What about 3D printing? You can make anything. This movie is already three years old so the advances must be huge by now.

First person to invent roadway centerline paint that is highly reflective in all road conditions is going to very, VERY wealthy.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
$10 the company goes broke within a year.:rolleyes:

Cheers

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
First person to invent roadway centerline paint that is highly reflective in all road conditions is going to very, VERY wealthy.

I like to say that about the person who invents self-refilling staplers and printer-paper holders.
IMHO, our civilization took a step backward when we did away with big bins of fan-fold paper.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
All of the people riding those are under the age of 40! They need to put someone with grey hair over the age of 55 and then I will have a more informed opinion. Great for young people maybe?

zinger1457

Reaction score
If the TSA saw this in a scanner, they'd prolly clear the area.
Also, the FAA may have something to say about the batteries on planes.

The manufacturer claims the bag is already TSA and FAA approved and has been used/tested at airports.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
big bins of fan-fold paper.

You're showing your age with terms like that. :whooopie: Of course, I know what you mean, and have changed many a box of said fanfold paper in old school line printers. Got any old IBM punchcards that need reading? I can still read Hollerith code, not that anybody has asked me to, since about 1982... ;)

Dave

middleoforchid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc, HPrincess, DSV2, MKO, MARtrust pts. Hokulani
Love the video, would buy and use for short trips when it comes on the market :thumbup:

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
You're showing your age with terms like that. :whooopie: Of course, I know what you mean, and have changed many a box of said fanfold paper in old school line printers. Got any old IBM punchcards that need reading? I can still read Hollerith code, not that anybody has asked me to, since about 1982... ;)

Dave
Am pretty sure I have at least TWO Windows-over-DOS dot matrix printers in my garage. Banks still use them. A decent OKI in fairly good shape will still sell between $300 - $600, depending on the model. A good quality refurb will sell for over $1K. Go figure.:shrug:

Sent that link to my DD. Ugh.... :eek: now she wants one!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see lots of accidents in the terminal. Running into people, someone trying to ride it up or down an escalator, battery dying when least expected. Would be cool to see one in use, though. Next stop, Shark Tank.