• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Spring Break Puerto Vallarta Timeshare Suggestions

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Hey Tuggers,

Last minute planning here for Spring Break in PV.
I can secure airfare but am having trouble finding a place to stay.
I have checked DAE, II, Platinum Interchange, SFX all with no luck.
Any suggestions for other Timeshare companies to try for bonus weeks or ?

I dont usually plan so last minute but we were waiting for sons HS baseball schedule to book :)

Thank you

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Now you know why you don't wait until last minute. Especially in Mexico for Spring Break. Might try Trading Places. Or VRBO for straight rentals.

Jim

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you going with your son? None of the timeshare places will let anyone under 21 check into their resorts without an adult with them. What's your exact dates?

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Yes, it is my husband and I and our 2 teen sons. Im quite a planner but just couldnt plan the unknown for Spring Break. Im sure the teens are fine with staying home and sleeping the entire Spring Break, but I am freezing and need some Sun and Sand.
I'll look at TP, thx

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Just what week do you need? Spring break is different in various parts of the country.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Just what week do you need? Spring break is different in various parts of the country.
Looking around April 9, 2017. Thank you :)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Easter is Sunday April 16 2017

The week before and after Easter are Mexican National Holiday weeks .

In the Vidanta / Mayan group(that I own) - those weeks are excluded from standard contracts
and sold separately as Elite ( higher cost ) weeks . ( They float yearly with Easter)

Good Luck

If you want to go to Mexico , maybe try Cabo since it would require a plane flight for most Mexican Nationals and these are family vacations with lots of members so most drive .

Last edited:

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Looking around April 9, 2017. Thank you :)

That will be hard to find because it coincides with Easter/Holy Week - huge Holiday time in Mexico - as big as Christmas/New Years.

Spring Break here is in mid-March at most of our schools - coincides with the 9 week mark, not Easter. I thought that maybe there would be some last minute vacations out there if it was 3-4 weeks out.

Good luck - I would try VRBO/HomeAway and Red Week like others have mentioned. Those would be your best bet and about the same cost as Getaway or Extra Vacations on II or RCI - much more expensive that a regular extra vacation.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Tuggers,

Last minute planning here for Spring Break in PV.
I can secure airfare but am having trouble finding a place to stay.
I have checked DAE, II, Platinum Interchange, SFX all with no luck.
Any suggestions for other Timeshare companies to try for bonus weeks or ?

I dont usually plan so last minute but we were waiting for sons HS baseball schedule to book :)

Thank you

Did you try RCI?

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
post in the TUG rentals wanted. In two more days you can post for april 9th. you never know:) RCI is great for last min if you can search early AM's. I am going to PVR March 4th and just booked 4 wks ago.

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to Trading Places International and look for the Suite Deals on the pull down menu. It is under Hot Deals. These areas are for rentals and you do not need to be a member of TPI. There is a two bedroom at Lindo Mar and also a one bedroom there. Wonderful resort!! Little beach, small pool, restaurant and a short bus/cab to town. Check in is Saturday, so if you went on the 9th you would just need to tell them you are coming a day late. I would grab this! Sending you a PM as well.
Lindo Mar Resort - Puerto Vallarta, MEXICODates:Apr 08, 2017 - Apr 15, 2017Size:2 Bedroom Sleeps 6Occupancy:6
Retail: $1,078.00Special: $970.00(7 nights)