• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

lcml11

Reaction score
GTK that shift happens for some and here's to wishing that your major change is to your best benefit given the circumstances.

Modify status... 1 resolved, 1 settled (almost). 198+/- to go?

Do not know if the almost settled cast the proper implication. Resolved is better. Resolved can take may forms.

At least one likes settled and at least some others like resolved. See above posts.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was a useful and interesting thread until the recent comments by LcmL11 started the thread going in circles. Please read the thread before commenting, if only to spare the rest of us.

someone up thread asked about his history here, and thats it exactly: he talks in circles,
also he presents anything he hears from a wyndham sales person as fact and takes any disagreement as a personal attack
I know he has an agenda, I just cant figure out what it is.

lcml11

Reaction score
someone up thread asked about his history here, and thats it exactly: he talks in circles,
also he presents anything he hears from a wyndham sales person as fact and takes any disagreement as a personal attack
I know he has an agenda, I just cant figure out what it is.

Somethings never change, cross the mega renters, time share reselers, etc. the attack posts start, insults, investigations, etc. The line will be towed or else.

Truth goes to the winds. I have not talked to Wyndhams sales in years. For what it worth, I would believe them over the mega renters timeshare re-seller posts here. Actually, I do not believe either.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Somethings never change, cross the mega renters, time share reselers, etc. the attack posts start, insults, investigations, etc. The line will be towed or else.

Truth goes to the winds. I have talked to Wyndhams sales in years. For what it worth, I would believe them over the mega renters timeshare re-seller posts here. Actually, I do not believe either.

And around the circles does Robert/rrlongwell/lcml11 go ... again. ;)

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If anyone had the suspension in effect at the end of their use year, were points lost?

Not being able to cancel reservations in a timely manner, I would think, be a problem. I am assuming this reservation points would just be lost.

From your comments as OP have said it is clear that you haven't taken the time to read the posts in this thread and as they have said if you want your posts to have credibility then it would help if you understood what has transpired to date. If you feel like OP are criticizing you then you should take into consideration that this whole situation with the freeze and all the aspects of it have been unbelievably distressing both emotionally and financially to the impacted owners. Also that many of us who weren't frozen have been involved in this thread because we understand the implications of how this has and will continue to affect every Wyndham owner. As OP stated you want to engage in discussion and debate of the topic that took place pages/months ago and those involved in this thread are well beyond that now.

If you had read the posts in this thread you would know that:

1) Points were lost. And yes some of the owners had paid maintenance fees on those points.
2) Reservations were lost.
3) Frozen owners weren't and some still aren't able to make new reservations.
4) At times the frozen/suspended owners have not been able to get guests added to reservations.
5) Frozen owners adding guests had to pay the call in center fee of $129 instead of the online fee of $99 with no consideration given to the fact that Wyndham denied them online access to their accounts.
6) None of us knows exactly how many people had their accounts frozen.
7) Some frozen owners had been telling Wyndham that there were unexplained large numbers of points that they didn't own in their accounts.
8) Owners who were contacted by Wyndham attorneys in the early stages of the "investigations" were treated like criminals. As in: We know you did something; tell us what you did and it will go easier on you.
9) Some owners are in settlement negotiations with Wyndham.
10) Some have had access to their accounts restored with limitations like being unable to credit pool points or buy or sell deeds/contracts.
11) Some are still unable to do anything more than add guests to reservations made prior to 8/15/16 or cancel those reservations.
12) Wyndham overall has been somewhat sketchy to downright awful in taking and returning phone calls on the dedicated number for frozen owners.
13) The audits that were done took forever and some are still not done.
14) Some owners had points taken from them and owners were not permitted to see the findings of the audits on their accounts.
15) Some audits were not even correct.
16) The glitches that caused points to appear aren't fixed and some of those partially thawed owners are still seeing points they don't own show up in their accounts.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
From your comments as OP have said it is clear that you haven't taken the time to read the posts in this thread and as they have said if you want your posts to have credibility then it would help if you understood what has transpired to date. If you feel like OP are criticizing you then you should take into consideration that this whole situation with the freeze and all the aspects of it have been unbelievably distressing both emotionally and financially to the impacted owners. Also that many of us who weren't frozen have been involved in this thread because we understand the implications of how this has and will continue to affect every Wyndham owner. As OP stated you want to engage in discussion and debate of the topic that took place pages/months ago and those involved in this thread are well beyond that now.

If you had read the posts in this thread you would know that:

1) Points were lost. And yes some of the owners had paid maintenance fees on those points.
2) Reservations were lost.
3) Frozen owners weren't and some still aren't able to make new reservations.
4) At times the frozen/suspended owners have not been able to get guests added to reservations.
5) Owners adding guests had to pay the call in center fee of $129 instead of the online fee of $99 with no consideration given to the fact that Wyndham denied them online access to their account
6) None of us knows exactly how many people had their accounts frozen.
7) Some frozen owners had been telling Wyndham that there were unexplained large numbers of points that they didn't own in their accounts.
8) Owners who were contacted by Wyndham attorneys in the early stages of the "investigations" were treated like criminals. As in: We know you did something; tell us what you did and it will go easier on you.
9) Some owners are in settlement negotiations with Wyndham.
10) Some have had access to their accounts restored with limitations like being unable to credit pool points or buy or sell deeds/contracts.
11) Some are still unable to do anything more than add guests to reservations made prior to 8/15/16 or cancel those reservations.
12) Wyndham overall has been somewhat sketchy to downright awful in taking and returning phone calls on the dedicated number for frozen owners.
13) The audits that were done took forever and some are still not done.
14) Some owners had points taken from them and owners were not permitted to see the findings of the audits on their accounts,
15) Some audits were not even correct.
16) The glitches that caused points to appear aren't fixed and some of those partially thawed owners are still seeing points they don't own show up in their accounts.

Thanks for the nicely done summary.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Truth goes to the winds. I have talked to Wyndhams sales in years. For what it worth, I would believe them over the mega renters timeshare re-seller posts here. Actually, I do not believe either.

The thing is Robert there has been no attack,,,yet; in spite of one being justified. You drop into this thread without reading it.. You are sitting on the side of the tracks watching a train wreck and presuming to tell those of us involved what happened and whats likely to happen from here. This is not a spectator sport. and I dont appreciate you using me for your personal pleasure. .

I dont understand why you would believe a salesman over the real life experiences of anyone here. We have nothing to gain from a lie. Your salesmen are angling for a sale. and their reputation is that they will stretch the truth a bit to get one

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
This thread is difficult enough to follow without a centuries-old tiff that adds nothing to the topic. I've been reading since the beginning and still don't have a thorough understanding of what's happening, or, enough info to know whether/how much of the problem can be attributed to Wyndham and how much/whether to owners. And it's normal for threads that have gone on this long to generate questions at any point, regardless of whether the answers may have been posted somewhere within.

One of the many important things being discussed in this thread is the fact that Wyndham has/is not making it easy or expedient for owners to get the answers they need. This thread is hopefully serving as an aid for owners to insist on proper resolutions. Please stop the sideshow that could end up derailing/closing the thread to those who need it most.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
One again cannot add guest names to reservations within 15 days of check in. But the person I spoke to was going to look into it. I guess Wyndham forgot February only has 28 days.

I also got a reminder that my mfs are due for 2017 at the resort where I PIC the units with Wyndham. Am I even able to PIC the units if I wanted to and if I can I cannot even use the points until maybe some unknown time in the future.

lcml11

Reaction score
This thread is difficult enough to follow without a centuries-old tiff that adds nothing to the topic. I've been reading since the beginning and still don't have a thorough understanding of what's happening, or, enough info to know whether/how much of the problem can be attributed to Wyndham and how much/whether to owners. And it's normal for threads that have gone on this long to generate questions at any point, regardless of whether the answers may have been posted somewhere within.

One of the many important things being discussed in this thread is the fact that Wyndham has/is not making it easy or expedient for owners to get the answers they need. This thread is hopefully serving as an aid for owners to insist on proper resolutions. Please stop the sideshow that could end up derailing/closing the thread to those who need it most.

The above is true enough. The information is useful, I am assuming, to people trying to stay out of this. I went through a variation of this current problem before. I am also attempting to get 3 of my current ownership deeds listed under my ownership section under the pre-view site and get my LLC owner access to the site. This thing may be spreading. One of the Wyndham Corporate employees made a comment to me something to the effect that the system was working as designed. I did manage to get this person to get me a case number to continue my attempts to solve this.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
One again cannot add guest names to reservations within 15 days of check in. .

That has never been a rule, you should be able to add a GC up to time of check in.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sue. I rely on this post for ANY updates from other impacted owners, even if it is to say nothing has changed.

I take heart today when Ron speaks of the events of this day being one that likely brings closure to his situation. Ron has stated his opinion that once his case is settled, then the powers that be can move on to other accounts.

I would be beyond irritated if this thread was shut down due to someone who is not impacted causing a dispute.

Thank you for your call back to the issue at hand. And for me, once again, no updates. Only another invoice to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
That has never been a rule, you should be able to add a GC up to time of check in.

I mean they would not let me add the guest names as they can only add them up to the end of the month. Why could they not have just established a rolling date back in September that would be standard to avoid all of this.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I mean they would not let me add the guest names as they can only add them up to the end of the month. Why could they not have just established a rolling date back in September that would be standard to avoid all of this.

Is that a restriction in your limited use of your account? If it is I don't understand your restriction.

Because that is NOT a standard wyndham restriction.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The above is true enough. The information is useful, I am assuming, to people trying to stay out of this. I went through a variation of this current problem before. I am also attempting to get 3 of my current ownership deeds listed under my ownership section under the pre-view site and get my LLC owner access to the site. This thing may be spreading. One of the Wyndham Corporate employees made a comment to me something to the effect that the system was working as designed. I did manage to get this person to get me a case number to continue my attempts to solve this.
Well, can you please take that to a different thread because it really has nothing to do with this one. You're talking about ownership deeds and the new owner site, which is WAY outside the OT here. It's cluttering up what is already and hugely unwieldy thread.

Thanks, BTW, Jan for the summary update, good job! :cheer: Ron, have not forgotten how RL's tactics work in spinning a thread into oblivion. Irritation justified! :wall: Sue's point is SPOT ON! :thumbup: And I'm with WJ, would be a kinda SO not happy if this thread gets shut down because of circular postings of one person. :(

MODS!???? Oh.... Sue IS a mod. Keep us in check please!

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that a restriction in your limited use of your account? If it is I don't understand your restriction.

Limitation of my account. Wyndham gets to decide how far out I can add guest names to reservations.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

Limitation of my account. Wyndham gets to decide how far out I can add guest names to reservations.

Sandy, I believe that Adam is still fully restricted not thawed or partially thawed like OP. He cannot make reservations and can only add guest names within x number of days of check in.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy, I believe that Adam is still fully restricted not thawed or partially thawed like OP. He cannot make reservations and can only add guest names within x number of days of check in.

I got that Jan. I just don't know who has what limitations, or what exactly what those specific limitations are. Too many variations to keep track.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reaction score

When I was frozen, the guest cert restriction was "only able to add GC's in rolling 15 day increments. I had to get within 15 days of the reservation before I could add a GC.
Mike

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
This thing may be spreading. One of the Wyndham Corporate employees made a comment to me something to the effect that the system was working as designed.

Am I the only one that wishes you would start to provide the name of the employees you are relying on as a source for your posts? IMHO the constant stream of information from nameless Wyndham sources is just increasing the signal to noise ratio of the thread.

lcml11

Reaction score
Am I the only one that wishes you would start to provide the name of the employees you are relying on as a source for your posts? IMHO the constant stream of information from nameless Wyndham sources is just increasing the signal to noise ratio of the thread.

I do not the answer to your question. You may want to just ask them. I do not think that would be productive or needed. If Wyndham wants to know, I understand they tape record most or all conversations. They can just check the recordings if they are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.