• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya

frankhi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have never been here, but it looks great. We are trying to get a sense for the differences between grand luxxe, grand bliss, grand mayan, and the bliss.... the pictures and floor plans for the 1 BR seem similar, but what about, for example, location and services..... Thanks

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have never been here, but it looks great. We are trying to get a sense for the differences between grand luxxe, grand bliss, grand mayan, and the bliss.... the pictures and floor plans for the 1 BR seem similar, but what about, for example, location and services..... Thanks

Grand Luxxe is the highest brand, and gets you access to all pools in the resort, substantially upgraded units and amenities--I'll let someone who has stayed there describe the higher service levels.

Grand Bliss is next down the line. Upgraded units in a single relatively quiet building, access to all pools except Grand Luxxe.

Grand Mayan has access to Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace pools, a little better units than Mayan Palace, and is a multi-high rise resort that is a little more chaotic than the two higher level resorts.

Mayan Palace is the original resort. Old, smaller than Grand Mayan, access only to Mayan Palace pool.

frankhi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exactly the info I wanted....thanks! We have an II request in for Grand Luxxe only for next jan/feb and have a backup plan if we don't get it. So I think we will leave it and take chance.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Having stayed at all the levels of Vidanta, I will say that the Grand Luxxe has by far has the best units for size and amenities. For location, unless you got one of the Grand Mayans close to the beach, the GL has very good location to the pools and beach. The GL has a pool/nooks by the beach that are wonderful if you want a more secluded location. With GL, you get to go to all the pool complexes.

All the levels have carts that will drive you around, but the GL has carts that are more responsive and frequent than the other levels.

You didn't ask about the Mayan Palace, but MP buildings 1-5 have the best location for getting to their huge pools and the beach.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Ty1on, What do you mean by the GM being a multi-high rise resort?
All of the building complexes in RM have a height restriction (I think it has to do with storms) and are 3 floors.

The only GM buildings I have seen that are high rise are at NV, San Jose del Cabo, and Acapulco.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ty1on, What do you mean by the GM being a multi-high rise resort?
All of the building complexes in RM have a height restriction (I think it has to do with storms) and are 3 floors.

The only GM buildings I have seen that are high rise are at NV, San Jose del Cabo, and Acapulco.
Actually, I was answering for NV, not having fully read the question.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Riviera Maya Vidanta also has Bliss .

Bliss is the same square footage / footprint as Mayan Palace but the furnishings are different .

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

rpennisi

Reaction score
The Bliss at RM are Mayan Palace buildings that were never completed when Vidanta decided to shift to building GL and GB.
The Bliss is a distance from the pools/beach, located between Mayan Palace buildings 10 and 11.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I am adding this / primarily for non Vidanta owners .

ALL levels have daily maid service and towel replacement.

Vidanta Brands

Sea Garden - Nuevo Vallarta (closer to NV marina ) Mazatlan , Acapulco
these 3 also lists as Ocean Breeze Hotel< Ocean Breeze in RM is hotel rooms only,so not SG>

Mayan Palace - all locations except San Jose de Cabo / NV has only one / PV- Marina is only MP. .

My square foot estimate for a MP one bedroom suite is 750 , and it feels similar in space (to me ) to a Residence Inn by Marriott ( but with 2 living room sofas / 4 seat dining & a well designed kitchenette ) 2 bedrooms add a lock off hotel room ( Vidanta term = master suite for the hotel room )

Bliss ( currently RM only ) - Vidanta upgraded enough MP owners they needed to build some
Same square footage as Mayan Palace / different decor .

Grand Mayan - first one opened 2003 - RM ,NV ,Acapulco ,San Jose de Cabo ,Puerto Penasco

Grand Bliss - RM & NV

(Luxe) - never built / no longer on website / Vidanta updgraded those who bought to GL

Grand Luxxe - NV & RM ( Eastcape when opened is likely to be or include GL - IMO )
GL is available by exchange through Interval International / other brands are on RCI .
Largest unit at 5790 sq. feet is - 4 bedroom Residence Loft / 12 adults and 2 children max. capacity.
A one bedroom residence loft is listed as 1110 square feet .

Cascades - has updated Mayan Palace kitchen - ie the 2 burner stove / small fridge
shower is walk in / no tub .

Kingdom of the Sun- has a walk in shower and the separate spa tub found in Grand Bliss models . Kitchen has 4 burner stove and double ( 2 units ) small fridge , again as found in Grand Bliss . There is also loft model Kingdom of the Sun

Cascades and Kingdom are being built & sold / not yet opened / model suites open NV - 9th floor GB
buildings will be in the Cirque NV theme park ,scheduled to open in 2018.

Square footage of both will likely be similar to MP units according to TUG
members who have visited the suites & other sources .This is likely due to the
space available to fit inside the theme park .

Vidanta is also selling products that are not building / brand specific

IMO - this helps reservations and hotel operations since their 7 locations
vary in building/ brands and number of units per brand .

Collection- Bliss , Mayan Palace Sea Garden
Entertainment Collection - Bliss , Mayan Palace , Sea Garden

Grand Collection - Grand Bliss , Grand Mayan
Grand Entertainment Collection - Grand Bliss , Grand Mayan

I am not sure if Entertainment Collection & GEC is a name update or if there
are differences in usage such as booking window / ARP , bonus weeks etc .

Happy Visits & Vacations in Mexico

Last edited:

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea what the three bedrooms (not a spa unit) look like at the Grand Luxxe? Are they loft units like NV?

frankhi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare a grand luxxe RM unit to a grand luxxe spa RM unit?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I have not seen these units, but since the buildings at Riviera Maya are only 3 stories tall, they would not be like a loft unit 3-bedroom.

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Grand Luxxe Loft - somewhere between a studio and a 1 bedroom.

What do you think of exchanging a GL loft via II-do you get good trades? Can someone confirm what an II agent told me a week ago - that is it considered a 1 bedroom unit?

I can become a member of SFX - one can exchange any of the Vidanta units? I can internally book a 2 bedroom Grand Mayan unit for a GL loft unit. SFX told me that the Grand Mayan is still considered a studio unit? Is that correct? What are the exchanges like?

How is the exchange with the Registry Collection (or through it, with RCI)? Does the Registry Collection assign a different trading power for a GL loft vs a 2 bedroom Grand Mayan unit (which the GL loft can internally trade into)?

frankhi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Grand Luxxe unit rented for next Jan, and also have an II search with Hyatt pts. Has anyone had success trading into the GL in the winter?

TravlinDuo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Vista (x2)
We have a confirmed exchange into Grand Luxxe Residence Club for a 2BR MSUITE, accommodating 4 privately/6 maximum. The 2BR Suite shown in the floor plans link above accommodates 8-10 ppl. Is there a different floor plan for the unit we are confirmed for?

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I assume you have the normal Grand Luxxe suite which are the interior suites - 2 bedrooms and 2 baths which accommodates up to 6 officially. The corner units are the GL Villas that accommodate up to 10 officially; it has an extra half bath and room that could be used as a bedroom.

frankhi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume you have the normal Grand Luxxe suite which are the interior suites - 2 bedrooms and 2 baths which accommodates up to 6 officially. The corner units are the GL Villas that accommodate up to 10 officially; it has an extra half bath and room that could be used as a bedroom.

This info doesn't seem to be correct for the GL RM, which this thread is about.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does anyone know if you ever see Grand Luxxe in II Getaways? Looking out through the end of 2018, all I see are Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan and Grand Bliss? I know that Grand Luxxe is a pretty easy exchange, but we may not have an exchange week available to use, so are considering getaways. With the price, Getaways may be the best to use anyway. If Grand Luxxe isn't an option, what is the next best one given the three prior mentioned resorts? I had read that Grand Mayan may be the next one to choose, but it seems that Grand Bliss has access to the Beach Club, so maybe it would be next in line?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I doubt that you will see a Grand Luxxe as a Getaway. Riviera Maya has fewer than Nuevo, so it is more difficult get in as it is.