• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lagunamar - Room Request

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tried a search and didn't find much on this topic, apologies if this is a repeat of a recent question.....Heading to WLR for spring break this year, and last time I was there the 2nd phase and pool weren't even open yet (been too long!). Wondering if anyone has any advice on requesting a room location? Last time I walked away thinking a higher floor in building 1 or 2, but now is it equally appealing to be in 8,9,13 or 14? Anything we should be aware of?

Thanks!

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Everything is open and has been for some time. You really want to request a room about floor 4 and higher. The palm trees on the grounds have grown so the ocean view can be obstructed if you are on a lower flow. I'd also avoid a lower floor in building 7 as you might be right above Oceano restaurant. As far as building there really isn't a bad building to be in. If you have kids you might want to be in the first phase - buildings 1-9 as the walk to the big pool is less. If you want to be close to the ocean you will want to be in buildings 1,2,9 and 14. We have kids and have stayed in the 2nd phase and found it to be a little quieter. The 2nd phase smaller pool is very nice. You really can't go wrong with a room in any building and all rooms are appealing IMO, I just think the better views are on the higher floors.

We were just there. The resort and villas are in great shape. You'll have a great time. It's a lovely resort!

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Will be our first time there too for my son's spring break :) I followed advice in earlier threads and requested a higher floor rather than a specific bldg. Will see...I have 2 concurrent reservations, so being in same bldg and floor is best for us.

On the map, bdlgs 8& 9looked really good to me!

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will be our first time there too for my son's spring break :) I followed advice in earlier threads and requested a higher floor rather than a specific bldg. Will see...I have 2 concurrent reservations, so being in same bldg and floor is best for us.

On the map, bdlgs 8& 9looked really good to me!
Is it still possible to request a building? I thought Vistana was not alleging Building or Phase requests anymore...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was not aware we could make requests. Can you do so with SO reservations, or just home resort?

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was not aware we could make requests. Can you do so with SO reservations, or just home resort?
Both, but AFAIK not for buildings or phases (that could be done before). You can requests high floors, rollaways, and some other items.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
FWIW, we were told on our last visit that owners at Lagunamar get first consideration for villa requests, then other Vistana owners using StarOptions, cash renters, and then traders through II are last in line.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW, we were told on our last visit that owners at Lagunamar get first consideration for villa requests, then other Vistana owners using StarOptions, cash renters, and then traders through II are last in line.
I have heard that is the order at any resort.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Here is the view we had from building 2 - Dec 2016.

Attachments

• IMG_1266.JPG
    IMG_1266.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 147

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
We arrive tomorrow for our 8th state at Lagunamar. We (as owners) have not had a poor room assignment yet. If you are an owner, I would not worry about it.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there for 2 weeks in November. First time and absolutely loved it. They had us in a ground floor unit, building 1300. We requested when we arrived to be moved to a higher unit as a result of the tips on here regarding the views. They changed us to the 1000 building on the 6th floor.

Honestly, the views in all the rooms would be great but higher the better.

We used an II exchange for the stay.

Enjoy your stay.

Here was our view.

a645ea994fe6eef35b73891f551f3415.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Floor is key. We had a 4th or 5th floor in 1400 back in 2013 with a great view. 2014 we had a third floor in 600 and the view was awful. Both were from II exchanges, but 2013 was only a studio where 2014 was a full 2BR.

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all, we're using our SO's to trade in through Vistana so sounds like we should be in good shape. Not too picky on these sorts of things but found it always helps to know what to ask for!

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is it still possible to request a building? I thought Vistana was not alleging Building or Phase requests anymore...

Just to clarify, I requested a higher floor for my two reservations, and for the 2 villas to be in the same building and floor. But did not ask for a specific building #. My 2 reservations are the equivalent of a 2 bdrm LO, but there wasn't a 2 bdrm unit available that I could reserve into after our friends committed to going. i heard from CS and here on TUG, that the Lagunamar staff are usually very accommodating, so I'm very hopeful :)

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have had better success by emailing and following up with a call to the resort. By speaking to them directly I've had success 100% of the time getting the approximate view I wanted. They are usually accommodating.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have had better success by emailing and following up with a call to the resort. By speaking to them directly I've had success 100% of the time getting the approximate view I wanted. They are usually accommodating.

thanks, I'll try emailing them as we get closer to our stay dates I realize that as a non-owner, I have lower priority, and end of March is spring break for many colleges, so resort will be full. Mine are SO reservations.

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
quick update here, I submitted a request for a high floor, and to be in buildings 1,8,9 or 14, and received this reply from Vistana customer service:

"I am happy to advise that reservation XXXXXX has been updated with your request for a villa located on a higher floor in Building 8 during your stay at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort.

The resort will make every effort to fulfill your special request; however, please be aware that requests are based on availability and cannot be guaranteed. Please note that Buildings 1, 9, and 14 are not able to be requested."

Interesting that basically just the ocean front buildings cannot be requested, but seemingly others can, although of course no guarantees on anything (as expected). I think I might e-mail back and see about adding building 2 to my list, I think I'd be very happy if I could get a high floor in 8 or 2. I assume we'll spend most of our time at the big pool, and want to be as close to the beach as possible.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used SOs and I was able to request building 1, 9 and 14 about 2 years ago. I spoke to the CSR and was told absolutely no issue. I was assigned to high floor on building 14. Things must have changed.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
When are you going? How long in advance can you make this request.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I have tried to request buildings during the last couple of months (WSJ, HRA, and SVR) and told that buildings could no longer requested...:mad:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this resort specific. Or, as mentioned above, you can request buildings that are not desirable only?

I would think that all buildings at SVR are the same. WSJ and HRA are a different story.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If they allowed requests for 1, 9 or 14, 90% of the people would request them. Another issue is that some of those units are deeded ocean front, so that limits the number of units there that they can allocate out to SO reservations.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If they allowed requests for 1, 9 or 14, 90% of the people would request them. Another issue is that some of those units are deeded ocean front, so that limits the number of units there that they can allocate out to SO reservations.
Well, they did for me. I had reserved SOs online and did not remember having a place to put in request. I called up the rep to put in preference request and said I wanted high floor, and she asked if I wanted building preference as well. I asked if she could put in 1, 9, 14 and she said "of course". She did it for me. I am thinking it must have changed recently to not allow request into these 3 buildings.

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
When are you going? How long in advance can you make this request.

Going first week of April, spring break. I just submitted a request through the Vistana website, the reply actually came from someone in their Orlando office, not from the resort, according to the signature on the e-mail, so maybe the policy is "flexible" depending on who you talk to and what mood they're in that day.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)

When we (owners) checked in on Sunday, we were assigned to unit 918, a ocean front unit (never had one before). It is on the ground floor, but there are no trees in front of us, and my wife enjoys her people watching...especially of the palapas and the volleyball activities just below our front window. Our unit is elevated just enough that folks cannot see in. So...sometimes you luck out. (We just go with the system...no special requests and have yet to be disappointed.)