• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bay Club Questions

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Do the lanais have chaise lounges?

I think I read somewhere here that you can charge meals at the Hilton hotel to your Bay Club room. Is that correct?

Do Bay Club credit card charges show as HGVC for extra Honors points?

Does anyone know what the booking codes for one-bedroom units mean? For the dates I looked at, only half are available; but I can't figure out what's different about these units.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
Do the lanais have chaise lounges? . . .
Aloha,
I just looked at a photo we took of the building in May 2012 which contains several lanais. They all appear to have lounges.
Jack

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
There are two types on 1br, one has an extra half bath near the entrance door.

Sent from my BLU R1 HD using Tapatalk

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
There are two types on 1br, one has an extra half bath near the entrance door.

The descriptions are all the same and all for one-bedroom, one-bath units.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The descriptions are all the same and all for one-bedroom, one-bath units.

I'm aware of that, but I owned a Bay Club one bedroom, deeded as 928 and it was 1-1/2 bath when I stayed there. I think its type D, the 1 bath is type C.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
There are 2 types of 1 BR units..... a C and a D.

All floorplans can be found here... http://www.tug2.com/RepPages/Resorts/11874.htm

I don't even know how to access those additional pages anymore but a search yielded the result.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I booked today. Since I was coordinating with other lodging, I had to check several dates. One time one of the one-bedrooms was fewer points than it should have been for the days I was booking according to the points chart. Unfortunately, those dates didn't work for me. Another set of dates had one-bedrooms at two different point totals, so I assume they may have been the ones with the extra half bath, although the square footage is the same for all of them and there is no difference in the points chart. All of the dates were within the gold season. Weird all around.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I booked today. Since I was coordinating with other lodging, I had to check several dates. One time one of the one-bedrooms was fewer points than it should have been for the days I was booking according to the points chart. Unfortunately, those dates didn't work for me. Another set of dates had one-bedrooms at two different point totals, so I assume they may have been the ones with the extra half bath, although the square footage is the same for all of them and there is no difference in the points chart. All of the dates were within the gold season. Weird all around.

Are you right near the start or end of Gold week. Sometimes a Sunday check in Gold has days available that overlap with a Friday check in Platinum week.

So its not just the dates you have to check it is the start date of the week that 7 day allotment happens.

Was that the case for you? Beginning or end of Gold

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Are you right near the start or end of Gold week. Sometimes a Sunday check in Gold has days available that overlap with a Friday check in Platinum week.

So its not just the dates you have to check it is the start date of the week that 7 day allotment happens.

Was that the case for you? Beginning or end of Gold

I understand this, but I was looking in the middle of gold season.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Then there must be a data entry error. Someone else posted this problem where it was double the points for something online. So perhaps they went farther into Platinum for some weeks, farther than they should have. No idea otherwise.

Did you look it up on the point chart, to compare what you were charged with what you expected?

I understand this, but I was looking in the middle of gold season.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Then there must be a data entry error. Someone else posted this problem where it was double the points for something online. So perhaps they went farther into Platinum for some weeks, farther than they should have. No idea otherwise.

Did you look it up on the point chart, to compare what you were charged with what you expected?

Sure did, and all one-bedrooms are the same number of points on the chart. So either the chart is wrong or someone programmed the website wrong. Regardless, I finally got what I wanted for the number of points I was expecting but taking far more time than I expected. (I'm the one who posted about the website taking almost double the points today--for this Bay Club reservation. I don't know if it's a site-wide problem or only on the Bay Club page.)