• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Problems making VISTANA reservations - official thread]

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
I could not book my home use at Lagunamar tonight. Signed on at 12:00 midnight eatern to book for Dec 23, no availability......

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Earlier this year, I had the same problem with booking Maui. Absolutely nothing was available at midnight when the 12-month window opened up. It had been reported here on TUG to keep trying. Sure enough, I was able to book oceanview and oceanfront units hours later. Very weird, indeed. It was as if they were dribbling the units out.

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
Got it booked by calling in, waited 25 minutes to get through. Went back on line aftewards, and now shows availability. The agent that helped me was very pleasant and diligeant, at first she could not see anything also. My guess, is that inventory was only released this morning.

margolism

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it booked by calling in, waited 25 minutes to get through. Went back on line aftewards, and now shows availability

I called promptly at 9am. Got through to someone at 9:15am. Was told there was no availability and a whole story that made no sense to me, as someone with plenty of experience with this timeshare and Christmas Week. Net net - the rep couldn't book it.

I refreshed my browser - no availability.

Five minutes later - everything is available. All size units, all check-in dates.

Not sure what the glitch is / was. Very frustrating waiting up until 12:00am, only for the system to report no availability.

margolism

TUG Member
Reaction score
After I successfully made my reservation, the system once again is no longer showing any availability in any size unit for that week. Very strange.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I called promptly at 9am. Got through to someone at 9:15am. Was told there was no availability and a whole story that made no sense to me, as someone with plenty of experience with this timeshare and Christmas Week. Net net - the rep couldn't book it.

I refreshed my browser - no availability.

Five minutes later - everything is available. All size units, all check-in dates.

Not sure what the glitch is / was. Very frustrating waiting up until 12:00am, only for the system to report no availability.
Same thing happen to me booking WSJ Coral Vista. There is another thread about this. Needy very annoying. If they say they release inventory at 12:01 am, they should do it!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
When this happens to you, please go to the Dashboard and make a complaint in writing to document the issue.

bobpark56

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
I encountered a similar issue with WSJ Coral Vista studio booking back in November. First there was no availability through 16 Nov whatsoever. Then when I logged in at midnight as the clock rolled over to the 18th, I was able to get a Thanksgiving week, 18-25 Nov 2017. Once I took it, no more Coral Vista studios were available. Other units and HOAs showed continued to availability, though.

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
When this happens to you, please go to the Dashboard and make a complaint in writing to document the issue.
I did exacly that at 12:30 am Denise. I remember you giving this advice in the past on another thread. I am anxious to see when i get a response and what it says.
Markus

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
There have been numerous issues like this in the past, and even if you call to complain, when you call, you only talk to an entry level person who knows nothing, and will simply say that it's not available.

To push it up the food chain to someone with authority to look into it, owners need to document their reservation issues with a written complaint.

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Having the same issue. Called to try and make a reservation but with no success. Odd thing is that you see Staroption availabilbity (which can't be booked until 8 months out) which should imply that home resort reservation should be available for the same period. Maybe the greedy bastards of Starwood/Vistana are holding back the prime weeks for themselves.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Clarification: Staroption availability includes ALL view categories, so the Staroption availability may be for a different view than the one you own.

FYI - the best practice is to make your reservation online at midnight, the night BEFORE the phone lines open. For instance, last night at midnight Eastern, the reservation window for Dec. 23, 2017 opened.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
It happened for Harborside again, two nights in a row. Two nights ago there was a large one bedroom and last night nothing. Called Elite line and was told that because of the holidays and limited staff the resolution team will call me back...

I know it sounds ridiculous, but, do we know for a fact the (all) inventory is released automatically or do they need a person to release it. They need a person to run the elite wait list searches...

drpayne

TUG Member
Reaction score
It happened for Harborside again, two nights in a row. Two nights ago there was a large one bedroom and last night nothing. Called Elite line and was told that because of the holidays and limited staff the resolution team will call me back...

I know it sounds ridiculous, but, do we know for a fact the (all) inventory is released automatically or do they need a person to release it. They need a person to run the elite wait list searches...

We are at Harborside now. Had the same thing happen to me. Called this morning and got someone from resolution team. They said it was due to renovations. They had to use available space for event weeks and fixed weeks. I asked if they were accommodating phase I (all fixed weeks) in Phase II since building 7 is scheduled too be closed next December. They would not answer.

They suggested we try at 10 month window when fixed week had to accept or their reservation would be cancelled.

I asked for a resolution supervisor and was told their was not one on duty today and they would have to get back to me on Tuesday.

If all this is legitimate, I hope it is a one year only and fully paid for out of existing reserves

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at Harborside now. Had the same thing happen to me. Called this morning and got someone from resolution team. They said it was due to renovations. They had to use available space for event weeks and fixed weeks. I asked if they were accommodating phase I (all fixed weeks) in Phase II since building 7 is scheduled too be closed next December. They would not answer.

They suggested we try at 10 month window when fixed week had to accept or their reservation would be cancelled.

I asked for a resolution supervisor and was told their was not one on duty today and they would have to get back to me on Tuesday.

If all this is legitimate, I hope it is a one year only and fully paid for out of existing reserves

It would be interesting to count the units in Building 7 and in the Phase 2 Buildings that check in on Saturday (I believe there are 2). I believe 50% of the units were sold as event week. So if the units in Phase 1 equal 50% or more of the units in Phase 2, then I buy it. Otherwise I think it is BS.

drpayne

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to count the units in Building 7 and in the Phase 2 Buildings that check in on Saturday (I believe there are 2). I believe 50% of the units were sold as event week. So if the units in Phase 1 equal 50% or more of the units in Phase 2, then I buy it. Otherwise I think it is BS.

Without accounting for 2br/3br differences.

There are 60 units in building 7 - (4*12 units on 3 full floors and 3*4 for the floors above the lobby.
There are 48 units in building 6 (4*12 units)
There are 96 units in building 5 (4*24 units)

60 in phase I vs 144 in phase II

My question is can VSE transfer between the phases to honor the phase I owners fixed weeks?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Friendly reminder: Please send a complaint from the dashboard to create a record of the problem. In the past, they tended to blow this issue off.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Friendly reminder: Please send a complaint from the dashboard to create a record of the problem. In the past, they tended to blow this issue off.
I already did. Twice. Right after it happened on the 23 and 24.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Without accounting for 2br/3br differences.

There are 60 units in building 7 - (4*12 units on 3 full floors and 3*4 for the floors above the lobby.
There are 48 units in building 6 (4*12 units)
There are 96 units in building 5 (4*24 units)

60 in phase I vs 144 in phase II

My question is can VSE transfer between the phases to honor the phase I owners fixed weeks?
I think if the answer is yes (in an automated way) that would be giving them too much credit. If the answer is no, then they are ( ) fill in the blank with something very demeaning.

From your numbers it seems like it should have showed some inventory.

I think to be accurate you would need to only consider 2 BDLO since Phase 1 does not have 3 BRs. However, if B7 is completely out, why should Phase 2 owners pay for it and screwed them (me). Phase 1 people should take whatever accommodations Vistana can find them even if the unit is a different size.

For instance, wouldn't WKORV OF be extremely pissed off if the units were given to island view people (at 12 months) because their island view villas are being refurbished. I know this is not an apples to apples comparison, but you should get my point.

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
They suggested we try at 10 month window when fixed week had to accept or their reservation would be cancelled

I forgot about commenting on this. This is terrible advice IMO. Phase 1 owners can cancel or not confirm between 12 and 10 months. Waiting for the 10 month assumes everybody cancels at the very last minute. In practice, that is not a good assumption. Specially for high demand weeks at Harborside.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a call back. Sorry no inventory, some members were able to book the units. Apparently I was not quick enough. I highly doubt it...

I guess my Fios 75/75 and my finger are not fast enough.

drpayne

TUG Member
Reaction score

I called to register a complaint Saturday morning. They blew it off with a standard email sorry you didn't get your regretted week - please keep trying. I have followed up and continue to pursue.