• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
But at 10 months you have access to non pr inventory as well as pr inventory held for pr owners. If it was not for regular owners then there would be no non pr inventory to book. To me Wyndham made PR more valuable by doing this at a cost to non pr owners.

I'm not sure I follow the logic. You are correct that at ten months I have access to non-PR inventory. That is the same as any owner in Club Wyndham. Think of it as an ARP at a home resort. While that owner has access to that resort at 13 months, he has access to all other resorts at ten months. All non-owners for that resort have equal access to the ten month inventory. It's the same way with PR accounts. And that's the way it's presented, packaged, and sold. If PR had access to ARP non-PR units I could see your "unfair" characterization. But that's not the case. It would be like feeling that an owner who has ARP at Royal Vista shouldn't have ten month access at Bonnet Creek. Or vice versa. It just doesn't make sense.

Just as a side note. My usage involves booking PR rooms for our large Thanksgiving group each year. When I have 14 month ARP (did not have it this year for the 2017 trip due to frozen account) I use up all of my PR points leaving nothing to use for the ten month open window. So, my method takes me out of the running for inventory you and other users are wanting.

And that was my entire reason for surrendering a king's ransom to buy up to Presidential Reserve. Of course I did this before finding TUG. If I could do it all over I wouldn't buy any Wyndham contracts. Not even resale. I'd simply align myself with you or another large points owner / manager and purchase the rooms that way. At this point, with the four month debacle looking to stretch into more time, I would welcome a Wyndham buyout of my holdings.

Last edited:

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow the logic. You are correct that at ten months I have access to non-PR inventory. That is the same as any owner in Club Wyndham.
My understanding of what am1 is saying is you have access to all inventory at 10 months, but non pr members don't have access to your pr inventory at 10 months. This creates more demand than supply.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding of what am1 is saying is you have access to all inventory at 10 months, but non pr members don't have access to your pr inventory at 10 months. This creates more demand than supply.

True. Except for the fact that I use the PR points for PR inventory. It's the only logical way to use those points. A PR contract is more expensive. And the MFs are higher too, so it only appeals to the subset of owners who want the PR units. The supply and demand balance cares for itself with the PR inventory and owner balance.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes that is how I feel. Not really worth debating more as it is what Wyndham created but does show that Wyndham does not care about prior owners, just making new sales.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
But at 10 months you have access to non pr inventory as well as pr inventory held for pr owners. If it was not for regular owners then there would be no non pr inventory to book. To me Wyndham made PR more valuable by doing this at a cost to non pr owners.

We all paid a ridiculous amount of money to be Presidential Reserve in addition to being Platinum owners. It helps to understand the benefits if you think of PR as an enhanced Platinum level. Wyndham is in business to make money and they make the rules; all they are interested in is getting people to buy directly from them and to keep people buying more. If you look in the directory online you will see the benefits of the different levels listed. It is like any Wyndham program, if you want the benefits of that program you have to spend the money to purchase it directly from Wyndham or you do not get it. That is the reason resale is so cheap. Small contracts when purchased directly from Wyndham are basically just a teaser to get you to buy more so you get the benefits. You don't get to whine and say it isn't fair that you don't get something you didn't pay for. If Wyndham hasn't yet they will come up with something above Presidential Reserve and anyone who wants the benefits of that level will have to spend more money to have the "latest and greatest". Let me tell you that won't be us!

The amount of Presidential Reserve inventory available to for PR owners to book before it is opened to all owners isn't nearly what you think it is. First of all the number of resorts that have Presidential Reserve inventory is quite limited, only a small percentage of the total number of Wyndham resorts are Presidential Reserve resorts. Next only a certain percentage of the presidential inventory at those resorts is held for the PR owners. If you are still thinking that it doesn't sound like such a bad deal, well here is the rest of the story. Wyndham decides how much of the presidential inventory gets held as presidential reserve. The percentage of good inventory is much more limited than what most of us realize because what they don't tell you is that a large percentage of what is actually held for PR owners is undesirable off season inventory. You'd think that the percentage would be evenly spread among all the presidential units at all the PR resorts all year round but that isn't the case as I learned when I questioned why I wasn't able to find reservations. To achieve the required percentage the program specifies, they hold a limited amount of the "good" inventory that anyone actually wants to book and virtually all of the undesirable inventory at the resorts that have a definite seasonal appeal. Want to go to Panama City Beach or Myrtle Beach in January or early February? Probably not as that is when a lot of the restaurants and businesses close because it is so slow due to the cold weather. How about the last couple weeks of August at some of the ski resorts that have very little to offer outside of skiing season? Even the staff will tell you it is hot, miserable and there is nothing to do. So again, no. Oh and don't forget that those PR units are a huge number of points to book! So if you use your ARP to book a good reservation and have to have those dates, have flights booked, etc. you aren't likely to risk cancelling and re-booking the reservation to get your discount benefit because there is so much competition for those good reservations that you run a very, very high risk of losing the reservation. As another PR owner said, he could rent from another owner cheaper than the maintenance fees on the points he uses to book his stays and he wouldn't have spent a single penny to buy anything. While this isn't always the case it is unfortunately becoming more and more common.

The best way I can compare it is to think of it as a roll of bills that is supposed to contain a large amount of money that you are owed. But when you take the rubber band off the roll and actually see what is in it, on the outside are a few hundreds and fifties, then a few twenties followed by a few tens and fives but by the time you are 35-40% of the way through the roll there is nothing left but a few ones mixed in with a lot of cut up pieces of paper. You just got had and there isn't a darn thing you can do about it.

Yeah, I admit it, I'm whining. Nobody held a gun to my head and forced me to buy. Wish I had known about TUG sooner.

I might have some sympathy for your way of thinking if ALL the presidential inventory at all of the presidential resorts was held for only PR owners to within 30-45 days of check in but that isn't how it works. Every owner of every level has access to the available inventory at 10 months and there are even presidential units included in what is available because not all of the presidential units at the presidential resorts are held for PR owners. So you as a regular owner have access to what we PR owners could think of as "our inventory" if we thought like you do. Funny but I haven't seen a single PR owner blaming what you call "regular owners" for our problems. And again PR owners are also "regular owners".

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We all paid a ridiculous amount of money to be Presidential Reserve in addition to being Platinum owners. It helps to understand the benefits if you think of PR as an enhanced Platinum level. Wyndham is in business to make money and they make the rules; all they are interested in is getting people to buy directly from them and to keep people buying more. If you look in the directory online you will see the benefits of the different levels listed. It is like any Wyndham program, if you want the benefits of that program you have to spend the money to purchase it directly from Wyndham or you do not get it. That is the reason resale is so cheap. Small contracts when purchased directly from Wyndham are basically just a teaser to get you to buy more so you get the benefits. You don't get to whine and say it isn't fair that you don't get something you didn't pay for. If Wyndham hasn't yet they will come up with something above Presidential Reserve and anyone who wants the benefits of that level will have to spend more money to have the "latest and greatest". Let me tell you that won't be us!

The amount of Presidential Reserve inventory available to for PR owners to book before it is opened to all owners isn't nearly what you think it is. First of all the number of resorts that have Presidential Reserve inventory is quite limited, only a small percentage of the total number of Wyndham resorts are Presidential Reserve resorts. Next only a certain percentage of the presidential inventory at those resorts is held for the PR owners. If you are still thinking that it doesn't sound like such a bad deal, well here is the rest of the story. Wyndham decides how much of the presidential inventory gets held as presidential reserve. The percentage of good inventory is much more limited than what most of us realize because what they don't tell you is that a large percentage of what is actually held for PR owners is undesirable off season inventory. You'd think that the percentage would be evenly spread among all the presidential units at all the PR resorts all year round but that isn't the case as I learned when I questioned why I wasn't able to find reservations. To achieve the required percentage the program specifies, they hold a limited amount of the "good" inventory that anyone actually wants to book and virtually all of the undesirable inventory at the resorts that have a definite seasonal appeal. Want to go to Panama City Beach or Myrtle Beach in January or early February? Probably not as that is when a lot of the restaurants and businesses close because it is so slow due to the cold weather. How about the last couple weeks of August at some of the ski resorts that have very little to offer outside of skiing season? Even the staff will tell you it is hot, miserable and there is nothing to do. So again, no. Oh and don't forget that those PR units are a huge number of points to book! So if you use your ARP to book a good reservation and have to have those dates, have flights booked, etc. you aren't likely to risk cancelling and re-booking the reservation to get your discount benefit because there is so much competition for those good reservations that you run a very, very high risk of losing the reservation. As another PR owner said, he could rent from another owner cheaper than the maintenance fees on the points he uses to book his stays and he wouldn't have spent a single penny to buy anything. While this isn't always the case it is unfortunately becoming more and more common.

The best way I can compare it is to think of it as a roll of bills that is supposed to contain a large amount of money that you are owed. But when you take the rubber band off the roll and actually see what is in it, on the outside are a few hundreds and fifties, then a few twenties followed by a few tens and fives but by the time you are 35-40% of the way through the roll there is nothing left but a few ones mixed in with a lot of cut up pieces of paper. You just got had and there isn't a darn thing you can do about it.

Yeah, I admit it, I'm whining. Nobody held a gun to my head and forced me to buy. Wish I had known about TUG sooner.

I might have some sympathy for your way of thinking if ALL the presidential inventory at all of the presidential resorts was held for only PR owners to within 30-45 days of check in but that isn't how it works. Every owner of every level has access to the available inventory at 10 months and there are even presidential units included in what is available because not all of the presidential units at the presidential resorts are held for PR owners. So you as a regular owner have access to what we PR owners could think of as "our inventory" if we thought like you do. Funny but I haven't seen a single PR owner blaming regular owners for our problems.

Well said but i am sure there are reasons why pr inventory is released early to everyone. Maybe it is unsold or pr owners booked non pr inventory. But I still do not think its right that Wyndham allows pr owners to be able to book pr inventory or non pr inventory inside 10 months to check in with pr points but non pr owners are limited in hat they can book. I will not comment further on this as I do not want to take away from the main issues of this thread.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Well said but i am sure there are reasons why pr inventory is released early to everyone. Maybe it is unsold or pr owners booked non pr inventory. But I still do not think its right that Wyndham allows pr owners to be able to book pr inventory or non pr inventory inside 10 months to check in with pr points but non pr owners are limited in hat they can book. I will not comment further on this as I do not want to take away from the main issues of this thread.

The simple explanation is a PR owner IS a regular owner who has paid an upcharge to also, not instead of but ALSO, have access to a limited amount of restricted inventory. It is all in the VIP benefit section of the directory. Do you realize that you are basically saying the program should only be allowed to work in a way that benefits you? Do you think for even a minute that Wyndham would create or be able to sell such a cockamamie program like you are suggesting?

Of course Wyndham has a reason for holding back some of the inventory. The potential to make sales and make more MONEY! Everything is ALWAYS about the money. ALWAYS!

I'm sorry if you think I'm coming down too hard on you. I know you are angry and frustrated beyond belief with everything that is going on and I don't blame you one bit. When your situation gets resolved, although I seriously doubt it will be entirely to your satisfaction, I do sincerely hope it is resolved with at least some degree of satisfaction to you. I will share with you some valuable advise that was given to me a few years ago by an acquaintance who knows a great deal about Wyndham. He told me to either get over what I had learned about Wyndham that had me so disillusioned and enjoy my ownership or sell it and get out. It took me a couple of months before I was able to accept it as a lesson learned to be wary when it comes to anything to do with Wyndham and during that time I stayed away from using the resorts until I could adjust my attitude. I'm glad I listened to him because I've encountered some owners who were so bitter it was all they could talk about and it spoiled their ability to enjoy their stays.

I truly think Wyndham has a good product and cannot understand why they continue to cheapen and degrade it with their unscrupulous sales tactics and the way they treat the owners. It is insulting and disrespectful that we are paying them to keep taking more and more from us not to mention all the cuts they are making at the resorts to increase their profits at our expense. In all the years we have owned the only thing that I can think of that has improved is the ability to do stuff online. In other posts people who have owned for years have mentioned a number of things that have changed and not for the better. If anyone reading this can think of something that's improved with Wyndham or the resorts, besides being able to use the website, please post it. We could all use some encouragement.

I remember when we first owned and people looked at you askance when you said you owned a timeshare. I find myself wondering since the freeze started and now with the details about the big lawsuit settlement being released, if when I thought things had changed for the better, it was all just smoke and mirrors and the rot beneath the surface was always there. I hope this new CEO can bring some ethics, dignity and respectability to this company.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My usage involves booking PR rooms for our large Thanksgiving group each year. When I have 14 month ARP (did not have it this year for the 2017 trip due to frozen account) I use up all of my PR points leaving nothing to use for the ten month open window. So, my method takes me out of the running for inventory you and other users are wanting.

To bring this back to topic, it really doesn't matter what level of ownership the Suspended Accounts owners have. For most, their accounts essentially got locked because of WYN's mis-management of the accounting of the points and WYN's ongoing inability to accuractly reconcile owners accounts.

The fallout is that those owners lost ability to navigate their accounts and employ benefits associated with whatever level they purchased with minimal communication from WYN and no definative indication of when they will be fully restored.

Regardless of the level or volume of points owned, this has been a costly and frustrating process for those owners. Most did not knowingly exploit WYN's point accounting problem that put excess points into their accounts. Those very few that did, are now having to negotiate their way to settlement. In the meantime, audits are still happening and owners are paying MF's on accounts they cannot fully use.

Reactions: am1

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will not comment further on this as I do not want to take away from the main issues of this thread.

Good reminder. Too easy to get off topic. And we need to remember, while we each have personal agendas, all of us have a stake in how this debacle is resolved. So, back to the main issue of this thread: Have you had any progress in getting your accounts thawed? It appears most of the impacted owners have at least been granted the ability to make and cancel reservations as well as add guest names via the website. If you have not, is there anything the rest of us can do to help?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To bring this back to topic, it really doesn't matter what level of ownership the Suspended Accounts owners have. For most, their accounts essentially got locked because of WYN's mis-management of the accounting of the points and WYN's ongoing inability to accuractly reconcile owners accounts.

The fallout is that those owners lost ability to navigate their accounts and employ benefits associated with whatever level they purchased with minimal communication from WYN and no definative indication of when they will be fully restored.

Regardless of the level or volume of points owned, this has been a costly and frustrating process for those owners. Most did not knowingly exploit WYN's point accounting problem that put excess points into their accounts. Those very few that did, are now having to negotiate their way to settlement. In the meantime, audits are still happening and owners are paying MF's on accounts they cannot fully use.

Well stated. And the damages to the impacted owners has run the gamut from the $30 extra charge needed to call in a guest name as opposed to entering it on the website, to the inability to even place a guest name on a reservation thus having numerous reservations cancelled due to duplicate reservations under the owner name, to the inability to "trim" a reservation down to the actual days needed, to the inability to use ARP to reserves rooms within that window, to the inability to properly use credit pool for unused points. . . . I could go on and on, but this well illustrates the damages to each and every owner that was suspended without due process, that need compensation.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to comment further on but to clarify one thing. Not all pr inventory becomes available to non or owners at 30 days or even at 15 days to check in. Regardless of what is stated in the book or on the website.

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to comment further on or bit to clarify one thing. Not all pr inventory becomes available to non or owners at 30 days or even at 15 days to check in. Regardless of what is stated in the book or on the website.

I concur. I believe the majority of that inventory goes straight to Extra Holidays.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I concur. I believe the majority of that inventory goes straight to Extra Holidays.
Some goes back to pr inventory even if at 10, 8 or 5 months it was available to non pr owners.

Last edited:

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some goes back to pr inventory even if at 10, 8 or 5 months it was available to non pr owners.
Jan did a good job explaining how that worked because WYN averages the "available" PR inventory across the entire system, not on a per-resort basis. At 10 months, points are still mostly just points and work the same way for pretty much everyone. Any high value PR units in high traffic resorts were already stripped out of those inventories with either PR owner ARP's or mega-renters and point managers that have access to PR accounts.

To tie this back to the original discussion, WJ (aka wjappraise) paid a a very high premium for that 14 month priviledge at his home resort for a very specific reason (not for status or ego or whatever other motivation people distort the reasons why PR owners have what they have - all judgement aside because it was before the discovery of TUG). WYN kept him from that purchased benefit and it's one of many costly damages.

Will WJ (or any suspended owners) be compensated for those damages (which are still being driven by WYN's mis-management of points BTW)?

The answer will eventially fall to whether or not WYN thinks it can legally skirt the ethics question of their role in the responsibility of the mis-management of the accounting. Eventually, at the completion of the audits, they will need to explain to the suspended owners the audit discovery. Whether the owners accept the discovery as valid will be up to those individuals.

Keep in mind that even the big wheel of the IRS will PAY the taxpayer interest on overpayment of monies that were discovered as erroneously paid.

WYN & ethics -- kinda like oil & water.

Last edited:
Reactions: am1

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jan did a good job explaining how that worked because WYN averages the "available" PR inventory across the entire system, not on a per-resort basis. At 10 months, points are still mostly just points and work the same way for pretty much everyone. Any high value PR units in high traffic resorts were already stripped out of those inventories with either PR owner ARP's or mega-renters and point managers that have access to PR accounts.

To tie this back to the original discussion, WJ (aka wjappraise) paid a a very high premium for that 14 month priviledge at his home resort for a very specific reason (not for status or ego or whatever other motivation people distort the reasons why PR owners have what they have - all judgement aside because it was before the discovery of TUG). WYN kept him from that purchased benefit and it's one of many costly damages.

Will WJ (or any suspended owners) be compensated for those damages (which are still being driven by WYN's mis-management of points BTW)?

The answer will eventially fall to whether or not WYN thinks it can legally skirt the ethics question of their role in the responsibility of the mis-management of the accounting. Eventually, at the completion of the audits, they will need to explain to the suspended owners the audit discovery. Whether the owners accept the discovery as valid will be up to those individuals.

Keep in mind that even the big wheel of the IRS will PAY the taxpayer interest on overpayment of monies that were discovered as erroneously paid.

WYN & ethics -- kinda like oil & water.

That is the crux of the reconciliation/compensation matter in my opinion. I have been harmed by the unilateral and heavy handed sanctions placed on my account, especially for the first two months. . . . By the way, I still have too many points in my account. . . I have told Wyndham exactly how many bogus points show that should not show, but they have done nothing. I had some that expired June 30, 2016 (before the nuclear winter that Wyndham unleashed on us) that I did not use, nor try to exchange for maintenance fees, because I knew they weren't mine. Same thing on September 30, 2016. And another amount is set to expire December 31, 2016, of which the majority are not my points. There are some that do belong to me per my accounting (which seems more reliable than a billion dollar company's accounting) but I cannot use them to pay maintenance fees, even at the ridiculous amount of $2.10 per 1000 points. Side point - A few years ago, Wyndham raised the rates to "rent" points but did not raise the rate to exchange points back for maintenance fees. I believe the Good Book refers to this as having "two sets of scales," and is a condemned practice. Probably not real high on Wyndham's list of concerns about their treatment of others.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 1 hour call back promise on the recording is never met. What is so difficult in canceling reservations out of my account and adding guest names to existing reservations that requires me to have to call a special number and only speak to people in that newly created branch of owner care? Why not just have me call the regular owner care number? Or keep me on hold until someone answers at the 1-877 number.

Wyndham is doing themselves no favors by treating owners this way. Not surprised and even probably what got them into this mess in the first place.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is doing themselves no favors by treating owners this way. Not surprised and even probably what got them into this mess in the first place.

It does seem that their being in hurry to roll out "improvements" to the website reservation/account system (aka Voyager in one of its many incarnations) resulted in the latest snafu. I wonder if they have solved the IT problem yet? But I do know that they are very nervous about having the impacted owners in a group "owner update" setting. When we were at Bonnet Creek the week following Thanksgiving, one of the newer parking pass reps must have missed the fact that I was on the "no fly" list for Wyndham. She stated she needed a certain number of owners to agree to the update to get a bonus. I agreed, and even paid the $20 hold fee to hold the spot at breakfast. Within 20 minutes, she was calling every room (she called five or six before she found me) that we had with the group frantically searching for me. I went to the lobby and she could not get the $20 back to me soon enough. The reason given for the change was that I had attended an owner's update too recently. In reality, the last owner update I attended was three years ago.

I think that speaks to the culture currently at Wyndham: deceive, deny, rinse and repeat. Why wouldn't she just level with me and state that Wyndham has a "no fly" list and I am on it? I know that to be the case, and I would appreciate the honesty and integrity of someone to simply state that. Otherwise, isn't it an insult to my intelligence as an owner, that I am so stupid I can't figure out that 3 years is not a recent time frame for an owner's update? It is the very same thing with this extra point debacle. Why didn't Wyndham level with the impacted owners and ask for our assistance? The fellow owners I have spoken to recount the same story as me with some variation. Once they went back and looked at their account activity they have been able to determine exactly how many extra points their accounts contain, and some have even figured out exactly how or when those points came into the account.

I would think that Wyndham has missed out on using one of its best assets, its owners. Instead it has alienated them (us).

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It does seem that their being in hurry to roll out "improvements" to the website reservation/account system (aka Voyager in one of its many incarnations) resulted in the latest snafu. I wonder if they have solved the IT problem yet? But I do know that they are very nervous about having the impacted owners in a group "owner update" setting. When we were at Bonnet Creek the week following Thanksgiving, one of the newer parking pass reps must have missed the fact that I was on the "no fly" list for Wyndham. She stated she needed a certain number of owners to agree to the update to get a bonus. I agreed, and even paid the $20 hold fee to hold the spot at breakfast. Within 20 minutes, she was calling every room (she called five or six before she found me) that we had with the group frantically searching for me. I went to the lobby and she could not get the $20 back to me soon enough. The reason given for the change was that I had attended an owner's update too recently. In reality, the last owner update I attended was three years ago.

I think that speaks to the culture currently at Wyndham: deceive, deny, rinse and repeat. Why wouldn't she just level with me and state that Wyndham has a "no fly" list and I am on it? I know that to be the case, and I would appreciate the honesty and integrity of someone to simply state that. Otherwise, isn't it an insult to my intelligence as an owner, that I am so stupid I can't figure out that 3 years is not a recent time frame for an owner's update? It is the very same thing with this extra point debacle. Why didn't Wyndham level with the impacted owners and ask for our assistance? The fellow owners I have spoken to recount the same story as me with some variation. Once they went back and looked at their account activity they have been able to determine exactly how many extra points their accounts contain, and some have even figured out exactly how or when those points came into the account.

I would think that Wyndham has missed out on using one of its best assets, its owners. Instead it has alienated them (us).

Everyone has a price. I would think I could have resolved it for less money and damages for the owners.

jumoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone has a price. I would think I could have resolved it for less money and damages for the owners.
100% agreed.
I am a computer programmer and one of my applications deals with a pool of available tax credits for the year - how they are awarded, and then tracked through sales and transfers, and finally used. Keeping a history of every movement every dollar credit makes throughout its history. This can be closely paralleled with the concept of the Wyndham points. It amazes me that they are unable to track down the issues, and how they still cannot balance out the points after so long. If I told my customer they had to wait 3 months to use their tax credits, I can't imagine the backlash I would get. I wish I could see their data and logs to see what is happening to these points!

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I could see their data and logs to see what is happening to these points!

One of the impacted owners to whom I spoke indicated he also is a programmer. He requested and received every transaction over the past 12 months to his account and was able to identify the error. It was on Wyndham's end and was due to a resale contract he purchased and when the points were added to his account, they added another "0" at the end, moving a 500,000 point contract to a 5,000,000 first year points. He literally emailed them back the results in less than one hour from when he received the raw data. Of course, it took arguing with Wyndham for more than six weeks for him to receive the raw data, and another two weeks to restore his account once they had received his results.

I think that single episode speaks volumes about incompetence, but more importantly, arrogance.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the impacted owners to whom I spoke indicated he also is a programmer. He requested and received every transaction over the past 12 months to his account and was able to identify the error. It was on Wyndham's end and was due to a resale contract he purchased and when the points were added to his account, they added another "0" at the end, moving a 500,000 point contract to a 5,000,000 first year points. He literally emailed them back the results in less than one hour from when he received the raw data. Of course, it took arguing with Wyndham for more than six weeks for him to receive the raw data, and another two weeks to restore his account once they had received his results.

I think that single episode speaks volumes about incompetence, but more importantly, arrogance.

I guess every company makes choices. Some of the companies that make bad ones go bankrupt.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Your post is an eye opening revelation. The start of the 5th month will begin in just a few days with some people's accounts still being frozen. From following this thread it appears that in their investigations Wyndham uncovered some other glitches in their system they were not aware of and also some input errors. It certainly appears from what people with computer backgrounds have said that they have had more than ample time to fix and reinstate everyone. With the exception of the what I believe to be only a few individuals who are in negotiations with Wyndham over knowingly and repeatedly exploiting glitches. And at this point Wyndham certainly knows exactly who those individuals are and what they have done.

I don't think it is arrogance; I think it is more likely that they are trying to find some way to cover their butts because of the level of their incompetence to maintain an accurate accounting system. It is my understanding that this issue makes them "out of trust" and is their one true Achilles heel. If some smart group of lawyers were to start a class action lawsuit every single owner past and present would be eligible to receive a settlement. But even worse could result in court appointed overseers who might uncover stuff that would get Wyndham into more trouble.

gottashiner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Daytona Beach-Ocean Walk, San Francisco Canterbury
Speaking of points being out of whack. Who is going to compensate me for not being able to get my discounts, upgrades, being able to shorten a reservation, reservations I was not able to cancel because no one answered the phone or called me back, reservations I could not use because no one would allow me to add a guest name to the reservation before check in, points that expired or will expire this December. Should it be the trust or Corporate Wyndham? What would be fair?
I filed a claim with the Forida Dept of Business and Professional Regulations. Waiting to see what happens

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a Wyndham Owner but I feel your pain. This in not only rank incompetence but is also pure arrogance on the part of Wyndham.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.