• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind Timeshare Contract Jockey Club Resorts

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I need help cancelling... Asking for developers address to send cancellation letter to... Can't find this address... When you cancelled the time Share from jockey in Las Vegas where did you send it?

The post you have quoted is actually from early February, 2015 --- 10 months ago now --- so the person you've quoted may never even see your inquiry. That person never posted here again, may or may not have visited this site again after February, 2015. Since the clock is ticking, I respectfully offer the following suggestions:

1. Nevada has some clear and rather stringent requirements imposed upon developers to facilitate timeshare contract rescissions, even more so than most states. Do you possibly still have the rescission form and instructions (and the address to which to send same) somewhere within your contract-related paperwork? It's certainly worth checking again, very carefully and closely.

2.You could also attempt to reach "mrs.rlj" (whose quote you've cited) directly, via email or Private Message (or both) to increase the odds of your inquiry actually being seen in a timely manner by that person, thereby increasing your odds of actually receiving a prompt reply. Relying solely on this "shot in the dark" posted inquiry might be unwise.

3. Failing all else, get a rescission letter written and postmarked within the NV 5 day deadline, using the address where you actually purchased and clearly specifying what you purchased and clearly stating your cancellation. That address may not be what the rescission instructions (required by law to have been provided to you, in writing, at the time of contract execution) clearly specify, so I offer this last very weak option with a great deal of concern and hesitation; it would be risky and maybe even legally inadequate.

Good luck. Make every effort to run this matter to ground without delay; once the state law rescission period ends, you will be an owner, albeit reluctantly.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, so I did go in (b/c I had already told hubby I would & he insisted I go in) there was no hassle, however I could not give them the completed form alone b/c it is a joint contract. The guy said I had to get the form notarize or he had to be with me. Hope that part helps someone else. We got 2 forms notarized and I will see what happens now.

We are going to research and possibly buy one in a year or try the Armed Forces Vacation Club. During the year wait, we will take the kids to Legoland or Disneyland and compare our trip cost.

Armed Forces Vacation Club is an arm of RCI Rentals. I've looked through their offerings, and for the most part, I think you'll be disappointed if you want coastal California or Anaheim. Most of what I saw is off-season, unpopular locations, or both. I have never seen a coastal California or Anaheim week available on the RCI Rentals portal I use. Not saying it's impossible, just that I haven't seen it in the last 6 months.

TUG is a good place to find rentals, and I understand Redweek is, as well.

I'm in Las Vegas, as well. This is a great location to travel from!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Armed Forces Vacation Club is an arm of RCI Rentals. I've looked through their offerings, and for the most part, I think you'll be disappointed if you want coastal California or Anaheim. Most of what I saw is off-season, unpopular locations, or both. I have never seen a coastal California or Anaheim week available on the RCI Rentals portal I use. Not saying it's impossible, just that I haven't seen it in the last 6 months.

TUG is a good place to find rentals, and I understand Redweek is, as well.

I'm in Las Vegas, as well. This is a great location to travel from!

Armed Forces Vacation Club is now called Heroes Vacation Deals For Families|Heroes Vacation Club. This is still an arm of RCI Rentals.

Last edited:

rastaman

Reaction score
Sapphire Resorts and Getways Resorts and Starpoint Resort group

Are they all the same ??? What is the connection there they look really bad online. I paid 5000.00 for what? Did I get taken

rastaman

Reaction score
I got Scammed At Sapphire Resorts and Getaways Resorts Management

How do these guys stay in business? Everywhere I look I see all kinds of nasty stuff about them. Has anyone dealt with them and had a good experience

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
How do these guys stay in business? Everywhere I look I see all kinds of nasty stuff about them. Has anyone dealt with them and had a good experience

mostly because the average owner doesnt get the sort of information they need to make an educated decision until long past time to rescind that decision.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a sticky you can refer to:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?...-rescind-cancel-my-timeshare-purchase.189301/

If you carefully look through the owner's package you received and the contract, it should give you the address where to send. Likely it will be the corporate office of the timeshare company, not the resort itself. Make sure you follow the directions carefully including the method of sending the letter.

mrs.rlj

Reaction score
I used the below address in Feb 2015

Starpoint Resort Group

3700 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Ste. 200

Las Vegas, NV 89109

Attn: Sapphire Resorts, a Timeshare Offering

mrs.rlj

Reaction score
We, John and Jan, are exercising our legal right to cancel contract XXXXXXX. This contract was purchased on XX Feb 20XX for a timeshare at SAPPHIRE RESORTS. We expect a full refund of our deposit of $XXX.00. Do not make any additional charges to our credit card. Please confirm my legal cancellation in writing.

Sincerely,

John Doe

Jan Doe

Enclosure: Transaction Record

Time-Share Notice of Cancellation

Purchase Agreement and Escrow Instructions and Security Agreement pgs 1,6

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding TUG in time to rescind and save thousands! hope you put it towards some amazing future vacations for you and your family!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We, John and Jan, are exercising our legal right to cancel contract XXXXXXX. This contract was purchased on XX Feb 20XX for a timeshare at SAPPHIRE RESORTS. We expect a full refund of our deposit of $XXX.00. Do not make any additional charges to our credit card. Please confirm my legal cancellation in writing.

Sincerely,

John Doe

Jan Doe

Well done and congratulations on cancelling, but know in advance that despite your polite request there is absolutely no legal obligation for them to provide you with any "confirmation in writing". Their only obligation is to process your timely submitted rescission and issue 100% refund of deposit within 45 days. No more, no less.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Check TUG Marketplace, good people great deals!

Bc1981

Reaction score

Sincerely,

John Doe

Jan Doe

What all needs to be included with the letter? Do I need to print anything off or just make copies of different papers they Gave to me yesterday?
It was for Saphaire Resorts. I signed in Arizona but it my paperwork says Nevada. I only have one paper stating anything about Arizona in it.
Thanks for the help

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
What all needs to be included with the letter? Do I need to print anything off or just make copies of different papers they Gave to me yesterday?
It was for Saphaire Resorts. I signed in Arizona but it my paperwork says Nevada. I only have one paper stating anything about Arizona in it.
Thanks for the help
What you quoted will work fine. I'd add a COPY of the signature page of the contract for ID purposes. Everyone who signs the contract MUST sign the rescission letter. The reason they omit Arizona is the in Nevada the allowable rescission period is just 5 days. So be SURE to gt it in the mail on Monday. We recommend USPS Certified w/return receipt. You might add the note to your letter, "Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover". Then send their stuff back by cheapest means.

Welcome to TUG.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:

Bc1981

Reaction score
What you quoted will work fine. I'd add a COPY of the signature page of the contract for ID purposes. Everyone who signs the contract MUST sign the rescission letter. The reason they omit Arizona is the in Nevada the allowable rescission period is just 3 days. So be SURE to gt it in the mail on Monday. We recommend USPS Certified w/return receipt. You might add the note to your letter, "Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover". Then send their stuff back by cheapest means.

Welcome to TUG.

Jim
And I am assuming when they say in writing they do not want it typed they want it in written out, would that be correct?
Thank so much for your help in all of this!
Hoping it all works out.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
And I am assuming when they say in writing they do not want it typed they want it in written out, would that be correct?
Thank so much for your help in all of this!
Hoping it all works out.
Typing or printing would be fine, just the signatures need to be hand written so they could be compared with signatures on the contract if someone doubted the authenticity of the rescission letter.

It will 'work out' if postmarked within the legal rescission period. It's the LAW that rescissions be processed. Not a courtesy.

Jim

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score

It can be typed, hand written, or even done in crayon on construction paper, just as long as it's on hard copy / paper and bears the original signature(s) of all who signed the contract.

Emails, phone calls, faxes and / or smoke signals are all legally inadequate to properly initiate contract rescission.

If you meet the state law time deadline for rescission letter postmark and send the proper correspondence to the correct address, no "hope" is required. It's the law and even the slimiest developers will not dare to flaunt or ignore the law.

Last edited:

Bc1981

Reaction score
Typing or printing would be fine, just the signatures need to be hand written so they could be compared with signatures on the contract if someone doubted the authenticity of the rescission letter.

It will 'work out' if postmarked within the legal rescission period. It's the LAW that rescissions be processed. Not a courtesy.

Jim

Thanks for the help!!

I have been waiting and watching by tracking. It looks like it was just picked up yesterday by someone. But I did have it postmarked within 3 days of signing the papers (Friday the 5th to a Monday 8th). So now I just wait for them to contact me or refund the money at this point?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!!

I have been waiting and watching by tracking. It looks like it was just picked up yesterday by someone. But I did have it postmarked within 3 days of signing the papers (Friday the 5th to a Monday 8th). So now I just wait for them to contact me or refund the money at this point?
Yep. That's the hard part. They are not required to notify you or anything. Just watch the credit card account for a credit to appear. Glad you got it done in time.

Bc1981

Reaction score
Yep. That's the hard part. They are not required to notify you or anything. Just watch the credit card account for a credit to appear. Glad you got it done in time.
Yes this is the hard part for sure lol
And it can take up to 20 days if I read the paper correctly!! I will continue monitoring my credit card!!
Is there a typical turn around once they receive the form?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a typical turn around once they receive the form?
I don't know. My crystal ball broke years ago. But we are told that depending on where the credit hits in your billing cycle, it could take as long as 45 days. Probably won't.