• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescind Timeshare Contract Jockey Club Resorts

mrs.rlj

Reaction score
I am still with in my 5 days. How do I cancel my timeshare with ( Starpoint Resort Group/Sapphire Resorts) Jockey Club Resorts Las Vegas, NV? There was a form to complete, but I read online I need to write a letter? What should it say?

Last edited:

mrs.rlj

Reaction score
Thank you. I read the article. I was just making sure b/c I live in Vegas & bought my TS here. So I was going to hand delivery it and send a copy certified mail. I just didn't want them to ask for anything else.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I absolutely would NOT hand-deliver it. That serves no purpose, and you will only expose yourself to the sales staffs' high pressure attempts to convince you not to cancel.

Just mail it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
welcome to TUG, glad you found us in time to save thousands!

definitely dont deliver that letter in person, follow the directions to the letter in the contract =)

mrs.rlj

Reaction score
Thanks everyone & I am glad I found you TUG in time too. I will not go in person since you guys think it's a bad idea. Hopefully it won't take a long time to get our refund.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks everyone & I am glad I found you TUG in time too. I will not go in person since you guys think it's a bad idea. Hopefully it won't take a long time to get our refund.

You should expect it to take 30 - 45 days.

You should also dispute the payment with your credit card, and give them instructions not to allow any further charges on your credit card.

khungie

Reaction score
Had to do the same 2 days ago

My fiancé and I bought a timeshare with Jockey Club a few days ago and wanted to cancel. We too are Vegas locals and went down to the Club to cancel as we wanted to make sure we got confirmation we canceled. The experience wasn't terrible but they did try and sell us a different package and when we refused they processed the cancelation. Afterwards they tried giving us 3 no obligation vacations as a "test drive". We refused that as well and were able to get the entire process completed in 30 minutes. Good Luck.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Nevada Code does allow for personal service
NRS 119A.410  Right to cancel contract of sale.
1.  The purchaser of a time share may cancel, by written notice, the contract of sale until midnight of the fifth calendar day following the date of execution of the contract. The contract of sale must include a statement of this right.
2.  The right of cancellation may not be waived. Any attempt by the developer to obtain a waiver results in a contract which is voidable by the purchaser.
3.  The notice of cancellation may be delivered personally to the developer, sent by certified mail, return receipt requested, or sent by express, priority or recognized overnight delivery service, with proof of service, to the business address of the developer.
4.  The developer shall, within 20 days after receipt of the notice of cancellation, return all payments made by the purchaser.

Nothing can be gained by serving yourself and EVERYTHING CAN BE LOST by a slick salesman, you can get the proof of a Neutral third party for less than $ 10.00. - All that matters is that it is mailed within 5 CALENDAR days

Last edited:

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, what are you going to do with the tens of thousands of dollars you just saved?

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I am still with in my 5 days. How do I cancel my timeshare with ( Starpoint Resort Group/Sapphire Resorts) Jockey Club Resorts Las Vegas, NV? There was a form to complete, but I read online I need to write a letter? What should it say?

Congratulations to you and KHungie for finding TUG and cancelling in time.

The people here on TUG enjoy the concept of timeshare ownership and have learned how to maximize our ownership. This may have been your first experience. Congratulations on seeing the potential value in owning. Now you can take some time to do some research and discover what options are out there for you, and if you decide it makes sense, which system would work best for you and your family to enjoy years of great vacations at a fraction of the cost.

It is a fun journey. Best of luck and be sure to ask lots of questions.

Mike

mrs.rlj

Reaction score
Oh, so I did go in (b/c I had already told hubby I would & he insisted I go in) there was no hassle, however I could not give them the completed form alone b/c it is a joint contract. The guy said I had to get the form notarize or he had to be with me. Hope that part helps someone else. We got 2 forms notarized and I will see what happens now.

We are going to research and possibly buy one in a year or try the Armed Forces Vacation Club. During the year wait, we will take the kids to Legoland or Disneyland and compare our trip cost.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
try renting instead...for the thousands you just saved...you can take years of Timeshare vacations and not have to buy a single one till you are ready!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have always found TUG to be the best place to search for timeshare rentals and purchases. But take your time and start reading the excellent advice in the various forums here on TUG.

If/when you are ready to purchase or rent, you can also check what is for sale or rent by owners at:

www.myresortnetwork.com

www.redweek.com

Take your time. Read a lot of reviews. If at all possible, visit a resort in person and stay for a few nights

Good luck!

DebD

Reaction score
Did you get refund?

You should expect it to take 30 - 45 days.

You should also dispute the payment with your credit card, and give them instructions not to allow any further charges on your credit card.

Did you get your refund and how long did it take?

DebD

Reaction score
Refund?

Did you get your refund? And did you get confirmation of your cancellation?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

There is no legal requirement for a developer to provide "confirmation" of any sort, whether requested or not.

A timely and properly submitted rescission must be processed and full refund issued within a maximum of 45 days. No more, no less. Although some entities will send a courtesy correspondence acknowledging that the rescission has been received and is being processed, there is no legal obligation for them to do so.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

The person you quoted, mrs.rlj, has not been back to TUG since Feb 4. If you really need an answer, I'd suggest you click on their blue username and select 'send them an email'.

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no legal requirement for a developer to provide "confirmation" of any sort, whether requested or not.

A timely and properly submitted rescission must be processed and full refund issued within a maximum of 45 days. No more, no less. Although some entities will send a courtesy correspondence acknowledging that the rescission has been received and is being processed, there is no legal obligation for them to do so.

Theo is correct for Nevada. May not be correct in other jurisdictions.

Harry

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theo is correct for Nevada. May not be correct in other jurisdictions.

Harry

Not seeking to argue, but I've certainly read through the specific rescission language in the state law of many different states. While an exception may very well exist somewhere (...or be created in the future by amendment to existing statutes), I have to date not seen any state law language requiring developer confirmation or verification beyond the actual performance and processing of rescission and refund. :shrug:

Gordborg

Reaction score

I need help cancelling... Asking for developers address to send cancellation letter to... Can't find this address... When you cancelled the time Share from jockey in Las Vegas where did you send it?