• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chance of success?

Robotpedlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am new on here and to TS in general. I have been reading all I can and I think I am ready to make a purchase of a HGVC property in Vegas.

Wanted to see what others think my chance of success is (pass ROFR) for a $5,000 offer for the Las Vegas strip location for a platinum 1bd (4800 pts).

My second choice is the flamingo for $3k-4k for a gold (5k points) 2 bd. maint is slightly higher here but would be my preference for actual staying in LV.

I think ~5k points is all I need.

Appreciate any feedback.

HatTrick

Reaction score
Honestly, it's all been said before--many times.

Do a TUG search for "Las Vegas" in the Hilton/HGVC forum and all of your questions--and more--will be answered.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Hi

My second choice is the flamingo for $3k-4k for a gold (5k points) 2 bd. maint is slightly higher here but would be my preference for actual staying in LV.

I think ~5k points is all I need.

Appreciate any feedback.

I've got a 5K gold 2BR at LV Paradise with HGVC waiting to see if it will pass. I offered $3K. My understanding is that I've got a 50/50 chance of it passing.

I'm hoping that HGVC will pass more contracts towards the end of the year since maintenance fees are coming due. I don't know if that is sound logic or not but I'm going with it.

Good luck.....

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Flamingo location also no ROFR. We own both locations.

Robotpedlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ended up making an offer with a higher chance of success at the SeaWorld location. Slightly higher MF at ~$664 but at a lower purchase price of $3,750. Hopefully it will go through.

This is for a platinum 1bd (4,800pts) through Samuel at www.sellingtimeshares.net

Last edited:

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
That is Seth Nock's company, he is pretty highly regarded here on TUG.

I have not personally used him, but they are definitely on the short list of Brokers i would consider.

Its my understanding they typically try to price their listings to pass ROFR, so i think you have a good chance of getting this unit.

Are you buying multiple weeks, or did the Vegas units not work out?

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer the Flamingo location also no ROFR. We own both locations.

We just got Flamingo 5000 points for $3750. After doing this, it occurred to me that we might have been better off buying a different Vegas property with lower MFs (even though the difference isn't much). We're unlikely to book far enough out to use our Home Week advantage so, at 9 months (if I understand correctly) points are just points and any points can book into any location.

Also, our primary use for the points is Bay Club, with Vegas as a secondary use.

But as we've stayed at Strip and Karen Ave., it will be fun to try Flamingo at some point (our Vegas trip later this month is paid through a really good promotion from Wynn/Encore).

Cheers.

Robotpedlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is Seth Nock's company, he is pretty highly regarded here on TUG.

I have not personally used him, but they are definitely on the short list of Brokers i would consider.

Its my understanding they typically try to price their listings to pass ROFR, so i think you have a good chance of getting this unit.

Are you buying multiple weeks, or did the Vegas units not work out?

Not buying multiple weeks. After talking to Samuel (and others) it seems the extra cost up front (about $1k-$1.5k extra initial purchase to pass ROFR) at the las vegas strip would take many years to benefit me with it's lower MF. At $100 more a month in FL, it would be a better option for 10-15 years. Plus less up front.

Last edited:

Seth Nock

Reaction score
Right now the $3,750 for the Sea World will probably pass right of first refusal. About a month ago, it would not. Even thought the Las Vegas Strip has a slightly lower maintenance fee, I would not spend the extra, as Hilton has been buying back many Platinum units at the Las Vegas Strip property.