• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Happy Birthday TUG!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Happy Birthday TUG! Knowledge is Power, and I have learned great stuff from TUG since 2005. Wish I had found TUG sooner.

Thanks to all who had the foresight to start this group for us to share our love of vacationing in timeshares. And some of us make a little $$ on the side, too.

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Tug! I didn't manage to find it until we had made a couple of mistakes but actually they turned out not so bad. Also have met some great people through this site especially on the first Tug cruise.

Lynn

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TUG !! :cheer:

In THIS POST FROM 2000, which was salvaged from our previous bulletin board, Bill Rogers relates some info about TUG's founding and earliest days (among other things).
FWIW, I first joined as a result of one of those printed newsletters he mentions, before TUG had any internet presence.
Thanks for the link :)

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Happy Birthday Tug!

Brian, if your dad is still alive, say thank you for me for his foresight to create a timeshare community that has evolved into so much more than just timeshares issues.

Also thank you to you and the moderators who work so tirelessly behind the scenes. Your dedication and hard work are much appreciated.

And Doug - thanks for the Bill Rogers link. Very interesting historical info.

And Fern - The Fern Cafe still lives on in spirit.

And to the entire Tug Community - Cheers, Na zdrowie, Skol, Prost, Salud, Mabuhay

20101215-cheers.jpg

Photo: Star512. Feature photo: dleithinger.

Richard

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Shall decide on the best review of the past few days later this evening, some very good ones have been submitted!

Get your submissions in, you wouldnt want to miss out on this SUPER awesome giveaway (ill be giving away more of these this month if you miss it)

Be the envy of all other owners at your next "update" meeting!

tugswag.jpg

Reaction score
I may not have been HERE 20 years ago, but I was online at college, using a clunky browser called LYNX on a "dumb terminal". A year or so later, got our first computer (a 386DX-20 with 4Mb RAM), signed up for Prodigy, AOL, etc (whichever was free) and connected on a super-fast 14.4k modem. Ahhh, those were the days!

TS

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Get your submissions in, you wouldnt want to miss out on this SUPER awesome giveaway (ill be giving away more of these this month if you miss it)

Be the envy of all other owners at your next "update" meeting!

Darn, I haven't been anywhere since my last review. Maybe one more review of Slimy Slough would score one of those drop-dead totes! I'm sure one of those would hold a half-rack and enough ice to keep 'em cool at the resort pool.

Nope, I better hold off and let another deserving soul have a chance.... :)

May the best review win! Actually with good reviews, we ALL win!

Jim

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey I saved more than 15% off my timeshare by calling TUG!

Happy Birthday!

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
Happy 30 th

Happy 20th.... TUG is one of my favorite sites on the web..... Thanks for caring about us Timeshare owners....old and new.... Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
whew, there are 3 that are fighting for the top spot, (and 2 are from the same individual)...so to be fair ill announce them both as winners =)

first winning review is for the Lawrence Welk Resort Villas

I believe I am actually living the frustration felt by this TUGGER as they describe their visit to the resort.

The 2nd (and 3rd) by the same individual is for Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony

this is a pretty impressive review that even includes history/factoids of the local area as its a historically relevant location!

this individual also wrote another simillary comprehensive review of Casa Ybel.

Congrats to the Winners...ill be emailing you separately to get you your prize!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Actually, I have a good number of these totes and shirts to give away, so ill just keep this giveaway going and announce a winner every few days or so!

keep submitting those great reviews!

Cozumel Duo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, Happy Birthday to your baby, TUG! :clap:

When I bought our TS 9 years ago, I'd read and reread here. Resale market allowed myself and other members of my family to buy more TSs where we wanted to be.

Here's to another 20 years!

Tia and Bill :hi:

IuLiKa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday! Thank you for your existence! Like others, I have learned a lot, and I truly appreciate everyone's time and insight.

Juliana

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday TUG! A huge thanks to Bill and Brian for keeping this wonderful "Family" alive. I have been around since TUG's inception, having been weaned on Fern's Cafe. Fern is truly our Timeshare Guru! Lunching with her in Las Vegas a few years ago was a very special treat for DH and I.

I have met so many wonderful, like-minded people over the past years. The information shared here has been so invaluable to me. One of our dearly departed members, Ray Harper, became a good friend and gave me such wonderful pointers.

Hugs go out to all of my TUG friends! I hope to meet many more of you in person

Happy Trails!

Dori

ahdah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's SurfWatch Brewster Green Marriott's SurfWatch
Happy 20th Birthday!

We found out about TUG when we were at an owners' meeting at Brewster Green about 4 years ago. So happy TUG is here to help us with our timeshare concerns. Best wishes and hope you have many, many more birthdays!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Very nice and congrats!

taffy19

Reaction score
Hope it is still OK to say Happy Birthday to TUG. :cool: I missed this thread until now.

I don't remember when I joined but it was during the Prodigy era too before the Internet started. I remember Fern from these days.

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
John, Fern, Basil, Maz , me, Deb of Course and many others. It was quite an opening crowd 20 years ago.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
So grateful to TUG!!!

Back in 2006 we were at Desert Springs Villas in Palm Desert (where are now with our 2 kiddos!) and we were disenchanted with our t/s ownership because we couldn't understand or learn how to use the system to our advantage. With no friends or family who owned t/s, we just didn't have anyone to "teach us the ropes". Then, somehow, I came across TUG and as they say, the rest is history!!! We have been very happy t/s owners since. We learned how to trade "up", which we almost do and the secrets to getting the trades we want. I can't tell you how many vacations we have had due to the knowlwdge we have gained from TUG. Thank you Brian and many others :D

Janna (applegirl)

Bill4728

Reaction score
Congrats on 20 years Bill & Brian

I found TUG after hearing about it from TUG's own "Timeshare Guru".