• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham pathway program

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the op

I sent you an email...call me, I think I can hep you do what you want to do

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
John

the op has told us that paying off the loan is not a problem. They are looking for a way to pay off the loan and get rid of the ownership. There is no need for an attorney to negotiate a deedback or deed in lieu or reduced payoff etc etc.

Its just a matter of paying off the debt and selling (or giving away) the ownership. and now that wyndham points are actually selling for something on ebay..that should be easy

Ron -

My thought is that obviously they cannot deal with Wyndham as they far too easily get sucked into a "buy to get out" type offer. Or told they must deal only with sales and they believe it. By placing it in the hands of a third party they can let them be the heavy and get the best possible deal. Based on where their independent choices have placed them I don't think they should tackle any type of agreement to end this ownership.

It shouldn't cost much as it s a contract situation and then they can make whatever payment is needed to terminate the whole fiasco once and for all.

miller

Reaction score
I am sorry. If it is not to late to rescind, I would do so.

Wyndham may well buy back your points at a huge discount. However, if you look at the contract you signed, it probably says you understand they have no obligation to do so.

Another alternative I have heard about is Right Choice Transfer. They charge a hefty fee to get you out of your time share, but appear legit. WARNING! I do not endorse Right Choice Transfer and may be wrong about them.

If you pursue that path, please report how it goes.

Reaction score
Another thing I thought about with the Pathways program... what if you bought into it, does it extend until your mortgage is 20% of the original value? I mean, if you mortgaged $23000, and you kept it until your unpaid balance is $4620 (20%), would you be able to turn it in then?

TS

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh my I'm so sorry this happened to you! At this point there is no way out.

kwindham

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, Ron has stated he sent you a message. Get in touch with him. If anyone can help you out of this mess you are in, it would be Ron. He knows the Wyndham system inside and out! Please, if you truly want help, take whatever advice he gives you! And stay away from the sales weasels on your next vaca! :)

GRITS

Reaction score
Shows you, they don't have any more idea of what Pathway is then we do. This makes even more sense, that it will only apply to the new purchase. It will be interesting to to see what the truth is. We will eventually find out the truth. The OP shouldn't believe ANYTHING said by sales. ONLY what is in writing is valid. RESCIND now. Before it is too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pathways program is "explained" on Wyndham members site. You just have to buy 105,000 and not finance thru Wyndham to get into Pathways at resort that offers it. You always have to buy more points to get into any new program with Wyndham..If in the past you have purchased large amount of points or hold several contracts for small amounts that total Gold, Platinum and want to get back some of your investment w/o giving/selling to another TS owner (as resale) then this program might benifit you. It states at least 20% of purchased price on any contract that is paid in full. You can turn in one contract, two or all you own at once if you want. Wyndham can drop program whenever they want. All Fair Share Plus points & even fixed week conversions qualify if they are paid off with Wyndham.. You have to have points available for contract you turn in & forfeit any vacation already booked if you don't have avail.. They figure amount over the phone, send you the paperwork & upon receipt mail you a check. Just don't turn in contract you bought to get into program until you get rid of all others..For those owning a few points finding someone to give them to is best option.. And NO, I repeat NO resales are even considered for Pathway program.. I can invest less than $20,000 to get in..turn in all contracts & get 20% which is more than $20,000 I spent .. so I break even & am out of TS ownership...

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pathways program is "explained" on Wyndham members site. You just have to buy 105,000 and not finance thru Wyndham to get into Pathways at resort that offers it. You always have to buy more points to get into any new program with Wyndham..If in the past you have purchased large amount of points or hold several contracts for small amounts that total Gold, Platinum and want to get back some of your investment w/o giving/selling to another TS owner (as resale) then this program might benifit you. It states at least 20% of purchased price on any contract that is paid in full. You can turn in one contract, two or all you own at once if you want. Wyndham can drop program whenever they want. All Fair Share Plus points & even fixed week conversions qualify if they are paid off with Wyndham.. You have to have points available for contract you turn in & forfeit any vacation already booked if you don't have avail.. They figure amount over the phone, send you the paperwork & upon receipt mail you a check. Just don't turn in contract you bought to get into program until you get rid of all others..For those owning a few points finding someone to give them to is best option.. And NO, I repeat NO resales are even considered for Pathway program.. I can invest less than $20,000 to get in..turn in all contracts & get 20% which is more than $20,000 I spent .. so I break even & am out of TS ownership...

What a crock of B$! You either don't understand WHAT has been said about the ONE PAGE "PATHWAYS" PROGRAM CONTACT or you work in/for the Wyndham Sales Department (and that is called a TROLL on these boards).

"Pathways" is, IMHO, just a junk 1 page "filler" of FLUFF! Wyndham has way too many lawyers - hence, a REAL WYNDHAM PROGRAM would have 15-20 pages of lawyer bullet plated legalize. Any 14 year could have written that 1 page "program" - not a lawyer in the Legal Department of WVO.

Just my personal opinion ---

Smurfelina

Reaction score
I can invest less than $20,000 to get in..turn in all contracts & get 20% which is more than $20,000 I spent .. so I break even & am out of TS ownership...

Hmmm for this to be true you will have to had spent about $100,000.00 in original purchase. How may points on average is that?

Reaction score
Pathways by Wyndham

Does anyone know if the wyndham pathways program is legit? We signed in and bought more points today just so we can buy our way out of the system. I am finding that a lot of what I was told was wrong information. I am ready to recind today's decision. I am stuck in a timeshare nightmare. :(

This is very much a real program offered by Wyndham. There are 3 major factors that have to be met to get your money. 1) your maintenance has to be current. 2) your property has to be paid off from Wyndham. If you put this on a credit card or bill me later from Paypal it is paid in full to Wyndham. 3) you have to buy a minimum of 105,000 pts after June 27th, 2013 to be eligible. Once your acct is enrolled in pathways, you and/or your heirs have the right to exercise that right at any time as long as you meet the 3 requirements above.

I have helped several owners with this. All of which have got there checks. So, before everyone on here who has no experience with this detours you from doing this they should have all the facts. THIS IS A WAY OUT OF MAINTENANCE FEES FOREVER.. And it works!!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is very much a real program offered by Wyndham. There are 3 major factors that have to be met to get your money. 1) your maintenance has to be current. 2) your property has to be paid off from Wyndham. If you put this on a credit card or bill me later from Paypal it is paid in full to Wyndham. 3) you have to buy a minimum of 105,000 pts after June 27th, 2013 to be eligible. Once your acct is enrolled in pathways, you and/or your heirs have the right to exercise that right at any time as long as you meet the 3 requirements above.

I have helped several owners with this. All of which have got there checks. So, before everyone on here who has no experience with this detours you from doing this they should have all the facts. THIS IS A WAY OUT OF MAINTENANCE FEES FOREVER.. And it works!!

Please PM me

I would like to buy 105000 points to guarantee the buyback of the 10,000,000 I now own

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score

Are you for real? Did you read this thread starting with #1?

Check here for the real scoop.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196161&highlight=pathways

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
What? You do not believe that Ron got his E-Mail and contract with the buy back system in writing as indicated above? I guess I not the only one that is not a true believer.

Brudder:

May the Good Lord have mercy on your soul and soles.:D

No way in Hell several people have given Wyndham $10K-$20K whatever since June 27, 2013 and then happily deeded back to Wyndham for less than 20%. It takes more than a couple months to realize you have been scammed if not a Tugger!:ponder:

Hopefully Denise will sniff out!:shrug:

Attachments

• Shill Alert.png
    Shill Alert.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 62

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shocker... no follow-up from "Wyndham Associate".

I am thinking this particular silver bullet is actually spray-painted paper mache.

TomT77

Reaction score
Used Pathways

Hi,

We bought additional points in August, 2013 and became eligible to use Pathways once we paid off the contract. We refinanced the contract to become eligible and sold a previously owned fixed week back to Wyndham. We had bought the fixed week through Wyndham for around $2500 and sold it back for $2300 as they had it listed in the computer for $12,000 (numbers not exact - sorry). I neglected to notify them of discrepency.

However, we had been grandfathered into VIP Gold (when you needed 500k points) and they kicked us out of VIP Gold even though we still had 500k points as the new contract didn't count towards the grandfathered VIP Gold membership.

Since we're no longer VIP Gold I am pursuing canceling the points we purchased in 8/2013 as they were sold under false pretenses (we specifically purchased with the understanding of selling fixed week and retaining VIP Gold membership). Wyndham has tentatively agreed to this -- we'll see how it goes. That will leave us with 392k points and grandfathered VIP Silver status. If we decide to get more points we'll go on E-bay since we do not plan on spending enough to ever get VIP Gold again.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not follow your calculations.

As sales weasel explained to me and based on posts here, to join Pathways one needs to make a Developer purchase of around 105K points for around $18K-$20K.

So if you sold one contract back to Wyndham for $2,300 you are still out around $16K+. If you sell 392K points back to Wyndham for say $12K you are still in the hole about $4K+.

Also, keep in mind Wyndham has contract auditors and they may well pick up your actual purchase price on week you sold back especially since are reviewing transaction!

Explorer7

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We bought additional points in August, 2013 and became eligible to use Pathways once we paid off the contract. We refinanced the contract to become eligible and sold a previously owned fixed week back to Wyndham. We had bought the fixed week through Wyndham for around $2500 and sold it back for $2300 as they had it listed in the computer for $12,000 (numbers not exact - sorry). I neglected to notify them of discrepency.

However, we had been grandfathered into VIP Gold (when you needed 500k points) and they kicked us out of VIP Gold even though we still had 500k points as the new contract didn't count towards the grandfathered VIP Gold membership.

Since we're no longer VIP Gold I am pursuing canceling the points we purchased in 8/2013 as they were sold under false pretenses (we specifically purchased with the understanding of selling fixed week and retaining VIP Gold membership). Wyndham has tentatively agreed to this -- we'll see how it goes. That will leave us with 392k points and grandfathered VIP Silver status. If we decide to get more points we'll go on E-bay since we do not plan on spending enough to ever get VIP Gold again.
That's pretty disturbing to hear. I am sorry to hear that you took such a hit. The way DW and I reebook etc with unlimited transactions without the fee's makes Wyndham work for us. Unless you book 5 or less transactions per year I would really be pressed to fight to undo the deal completely and get the Gold reinstated. Again I'm sorry to hear you took such a hit on this twisted deal. And thanks for the warning in case I ever were to consider doing something similar in the future.

TomT77

Reaction score
Yes, we are very dissappointed to lose VIP Gold. We take many last minute 2-4 day vacations besides a nice 7 day one every year. We fought this for 6 weeks but got notified that Wyndham Management doesn't care what their sales and quality assurance folks told us, we're losing our VIP Gold. The fixed week we sold back to Wyndham has already been re-sold so we cannot revert back to our previous arrangement. Apparently it did not matter to management that we were not notified that we would lose VIP Gold status if we sold the fixed week.

We had owned 308k, 84k, and 126k fixed week - which made use VIP Gold members at the time. We traded 84k for 192k in August, 2013 leaving us with a total of 628k points. We then sold the 126k back to Wyndham with the belief that since we never dropped below 500k we would continue to keep VIP Gold status. Wyndham representatives confirmed with us orally that we could do this. We sold leaving us with 308k and 192k contracts and lost VIP Gold.

I am now pursuing cancelling the August, 2013 contract giving back the 192k and getting back the 84k contract as we are not in a position to continue to purchase more points to regain VIP Gold. That will leave us with the 308k and 84k contract and no longer eligible to use Pathways.

So, yes Pathways sometimes works but it has alot of gotchas.

Last edited:

achornes

Reaction score
I have a Wyndham Pathways timeshare and in negotiations Saturday October 15, I was offered the ability to split my holdings with the option to sell one of the split properties to pay for the transaction. The newer part would be VIP Gold, a downturn from my current Platinum account. The new 500,000 points will not have the pathways option. However, Wyndham does have the Ovation program, which I am led to understand allows the timeshare owner to opt out of contract at no cost at all. Have not used this option so do not know if it actually works.

Have 10 days from 10/15/2016 to cancel this agreement. Need hard answers, otherwise I cancel.

The current agreement is my payment of 36,428 for the split. I sell back half of the split for 35,000, leaving me with a net cost of 1,428. I then hold a Gold timeshare with $180/mo maintenance as opposed to the $600/mo I currently hold 600 x 12 = $7,200/yr or $72,000 in 10 years. At the $180/mo, I pay $2,160/yr or $21,600 in 10 years.

Most likely, I will do ovation before that. If you go to Extra Holidays (www.extraholidays.com), you can pick up a Wyndham timeshare (1 bedroom, 7 nights for 3 adults) for 134.71/night or $942.97 for the week. Hot vacation times will be higher, of course. I looked at booking for July at Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach and got a rate of $357.57/night or $2,502.99 for the week for a two bedroom condo. Still a lot cheaper than my current Platinum maintenance fees.

Last edited: