• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did you give away or adopt a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum?

utz20

TUG Member
Reaction score
transfered Wyndham points

If you found a home for your TS on the Bargain Deals forum (this board) please post a note here. I thought it would be interesting to keep a record.

We have been successful in finding a new home for our Wyndham points. At least it is in the hands of Legal Timeshare Transfers. They are very easy to deal with. Thank you to all of the people who were interested and continue to be interested. How do I remove the offering post from Bargain Deals?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
.... How do I remove the offering post from Bargain Deals?

You could make a post and say it has been taken, then never post again and it will work its way to oblivion.

You could also ask a moderator to put "sold" in the title if it's past the 48 hrs for you to edit it.

Just write to one of the moderators and explain what you'd like done.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been successful in finding a new home for our Wyndham points. At least it is in the hands of Legal Timeshare Transfers. They are very easy to deal with. Thank you to all of the people who were interested and continue to be interested. How do I remove the offering post from Bargain Deals?

Congratulations on parting company with Wyndham; I know that it was a very happy day when we did so a few years ago...

I don't believe that you can actually "remove" the applicable post from "Bargain Deals", but you can instead just simply place another post in that very same thread, indicating that the initial offering is now "claimed".

P.S. Since Wyndham extorts charges a $299 transfer fee to process any ownership change, I hope that you already have it worked out with your recipient as to which of you will be paying that ransom fee.

sonicland

Reaction score
I was able to give away my Cape Cod timeshare using the Bargain Deals forum. I paid 2013 maintenance and all transfer fees (over $1000 for everything) but there were literally zero other options to go with. Legal Timeshare Transfers were great to work with and made the process simple. Thanks everyone!

durango5000

Reaction score
Wyndham Durango 105,000 points - given away

See http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1481028 for details and time line.

Terms were that seller paid monthly fees until Wyndham transferred membership.

• January 16, 2013: Ad was posted in this forum
  • January 17: Signed agreement with buyer
  • February 1: Transfer agent, Legal Timeshare Transfers, delivered documents (including deed) for seller to sign
  • February 12 (on or about); County recorded deed
  • May 14: Wyndham transferred membership to buyer
  • May 14: Seller billed and paid for one last monthly fee (not sure what for, but that's Wyndham for you)
  • Memorial weekend: buyer used the 2013 membership points at a different resort. Good for them!

So about 120 days from advertisement to full transfer.

The advice in this forum was invaluable. Thanks for all your help, especially DeniseM, who is a goddess. :clap:

Congratulations on parting company with Wyndham; I know that it was a very happy day when we did so a few years ago...

[...]

P.S. Since Wyndham extorts charges a $299 transfer fee to process any ownership change, I hope that you already have it worked out with your recipient as to which of you will be paying that ransom fee.

Theo, truer words were never spoken. What an awful company.

Last edited:

bballmom

Reaction score
Successfully gave away Westgate Smoky Mtns

I posted our 2 bedroom unit at Westgate Smoky Mtns as a give-away around Oct. 2, 2012. I received a few inquiries quickly. We decided on a particular recipient and agreed to pay the closing costs. We used Legal Timeshare Transfers to handle all of the paperwork. The entire process only took 4 weeks; we started on Oct. 6 and on Nov. 7 I verified with Westgate that the transfer was officially complete. By using the expertise of Legal Timeshare Transfers, the entire give-away was very easy.
We have since used Legal Timeshare Transfers again. This time, it was to give away a Wyndham timeshare. We are still waiting on Wyndham to complete their portion of the transfer...they don't seem to get in a hurry since the maintenance fees continue to be paid every month by the original owner.

YOOPERGALS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had DRI take over 5,000 points we had w/Wyndham, and it took from Oct. 2012 to April 17, 2013 to have it all wrapped up. You are correct that Wyndham doesn't care, because some else is paying . . . in this case, we simply sent the bills to DRI.

andycus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Success Experience

I'm happy to report that after 2 mos of having advertised my timeshare on the TUG marketplace, I've sold and transferred ownership to a new owner, with Legal Timeshare Transfer handling the closing.

Folks out there similarly wanting to rid themselves of unwanted timeshares, don't lose heart. With a little patience and luck, you'll find the right people who'll give your timeshare a new home. TUG works!

Many thanks to TUG and to the many TUggers who gave me many helpful pieces of advice. Great community!

Andy

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I'm happy to report that after 2 mos of having advertised my timeshare on the TUG marketplace, I've sold and transferred ownership to a new owner
Congratulations! :clap:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did not give my timeshare away but successfully sold thru TUG. I first advertised at the beginning of this year and 2 TUGgers wanted to buy from me immediately, like within a week. My husband was not ready to let go of it then, well, the timeshare has been very good to us - it had been an excellent trader. Then in June we were ready to sell it and a very nice TUGger bought it. I had another 2 parties who also wanted to buy it after we agreed on the sale. It is undergoing transfer through LTT. TUG Marketplace is absolutely great! Thank you to the board, moderators and TUGgers!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
About a month ago I posted an ad in the Marketplace to "sell" my MROP week for $.01, so basically it was free. I said in the ad I'd pay the resort transfer fee, so the new owner wouldn't owe anything till the 2014 maintenance fees are billed later this Fall. Two days later I had a solid inquiry, and we agreed to do the transfer. As this is a mini system membership, and not a deeded week, there was no escrow required -- just notarizing a few documents provided by MROP for the purpose of this transfer. Several emails and a bit of paperwork mailing later, the transfer package was sent off to MROP at the beginning of last week. I confirmed with them a few days ago that the paperwork was received, and the transfer is in process. It should all be done within another week or two. Easy, breezy.

TUG continues to set the standard for all things timeshare. :whoopie:

Dave

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

Abbyfost

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gave away Star Island Resort week

Posted my Star Island Resort week in the bargains section on November 25, 2013 and had a person respond 4 days later. Currently LLT is handling the paperwork. Great company to deal with. So glad to have found TUG, Legal Timeshare Transfers (which I found thanks to TUG), and a home for my timeshare! I will definitely recommend TUG and LLT to everyone I know.

:wave: timeshare
:banana::banana::whoopie::whoopie:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Listed my 1br EOY Odd HGVC Bay Club for free on Bargain Deals and it was gone within 6 hrs from posting, buyer paying all LTT fees.

I had too much odd year and buyer needed more.

I received a free Starwood trader from Bargain Deals so I'm paying it forward.

Sent from my iPad Gen 4 using Tapatalk HD

dumbydee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Summer Bay Resort FLORIDA

I posted this timeshare here and in the Marketplace. Finally after several inquiries I re-homed this deed.

Someone who contacted me via the Marketplace wanted it. I was notified today of the transfer being complete!!!

moonlighter

Reaction score
Grandview Las Vegas

Happy to have found a new owner who can make use of 1BR Grandview Las Vegas timeshare unit! Received numerous interested inquiries throughout 6 week interval while the transfer process was going on, TUG BBS works!

Of note: initially started a transfer process with Donateforacause ($1995), they were gracious enough to stop the process 1 week later to allow me to followup with potential lead through TUG.

Took approx 6 weeks for transfer paperwork and deed to be updated. LTT informs it will take 4-6 weeks for the resort to process the change of ownership and update their records. LTT was great to work with and highly responsive.

tchance1980

Reaction score
Deleted--want ads are not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

phirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any one sell, give away time share on Tug

I have seen several posts for bargain sales on TUG, but can not tell how many if any sold. I was planning to list our Diamond points if it really does work.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am led to believe it works exceptionally well. Perhaps you would have to freshen your ad and bump it to the top from time to time. Possibly 'sweeten' the deal by booking a summer or holiday week at a nice resort to throw in for a new owner, but it'll work.

At no cost, and the likelihood that you will be rid of your timeshare, what do you have to lose?

Jim