• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] CJ Timeshares

kdorward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of CJ Timeshares. I am looking for anyone who has bought a timeshare from them. Are they reputablem any complaints? We are looking to buy a Marriott Aurf club unit. The broker is Nick Lucchesi he seemed very nice. We are deciding if we should buy a unit thru them, it seemd very reasonable. Any information would be helpfull.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Decent enough

I just closed a CJ timeshare a week ago and all went well. I had one minor glitch and they fixed it quickly.

no complaints

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have bought many timeshares through them on and off eBay

I have been very happy purchasing from them. Whenever a problem has arose, it is either quickly resolved or your money refunded. Most times the closing/transfer is the fastest around. Nick is one of the salesmen. Edwin Lugo is a manager of these "sales" folks. If the pricing sounds good and you've done research on this pricing and it still sounds good, I wouldn't hesitate purchasing from these folks (CJ Timeshares is formerly VIN Vacation Innovations Network). They are a PCC company (Postcard company).

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I bought from Nick and CJ Timeshares

I bought my Hawaii week from Nick. Everything went great. Took 7weeks from the auctions end to getting the deed and the resort recognizing me as the owner. I would recommend them highly. Communication was great. They kept me updated throughout the whole process.:clap: :clap:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is a post card company

To most people “We will make you an offer on your timeshare” means “We will offer to buy your timeshare from you” - but that isn’t what a “postcard company” (PCCs) means.

What a PCC means is you will pay them cash money if you agree to turn over the title to them.

In most cases, you will give the PCC a power of attorney (POA) which they will then use to attemt to sell your Timeshare. If they suceed that is likely the end of it and you are out a few hundreds or thousands of dollars – it's if they fail to sell the timshare the real problems can start.

More than a few "clients" of the PCC's have found out much to their chagrin months or years later that they still own the timeshare and are still liable for the maintenance fees because the PCC didn’t sell it, didn’t transfer the title, didn’t do anything other than collect the "clients" money.

In some other cases the PCC simply deeds the timshare back to the resorts a step the owner could do themselves usually for free or at least a lot less than the PCC charges.

Many PCCs list the timeshare on eBay at rock bottom prices, usually if they fail to sell they simply quit trying and having never actually transferred the title you the client find out the hard way that you still legally own it.

They are named PCC because they used to send out post card's to prospective "clients" - now they send internet spam.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Another thumbs-up for CJ Timeshares...I've purchased two from them this year. No problems at all.

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can usually buy from a PCC with little issue - most TUGGERs just don't recommend trying to sell with one.

I know that sounds a tad hippicritical since many TUGGERs have bought at least one timeshare on eBay (thus from a PCC) - but such is life. :rolleyes:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
cybernaut303 has no feedback since July 15, 2012, yet all of a sudden shows up selling loads of valuable timeshares under CJ Timeshares storefront. Did they just not use this ID for a while? Can anyone confirm if this is legit?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bought 2 from them last year. They are legit and were very efficient with my purchases. I have nothing but positive things to say about them.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
CJ is okay

I bought both of my timeshares from them (I think). The first one was from Laman34 or 43Namel. I think that the 2nd one was Pricelessvacations which is also the same as CJ. I think that these are different names for the same place. On the first one there was a mistake in the posting but they were very honorable in working through it or in letting me cancel (which I didn't do). In both cases it took a slight bit longer than I thought it should, but ultimately we closed and I am happy with both purchases.

What gave me confidence was that their approval rating was VERY high and they sell a high volume of timeshares.

benyu2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
cybernaut303 has no feedback since July 15, 2012, yet all of a sudden shows up selling loads of valuable timeshares under CJ Timeshares storefront. Did they just not use this ID for a while? Can anyone confirm if this is legit?

Nice tip. Just bidded on one of its 'valuables' and I may pause before bid on others at same time.:ponder:

Santanna

Reaction score
I also recently purchased from them in late Dec. and a couple of minor issues were resolved quickly. Everything should be completed within the next couple of weeks.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just venting here. I didn't get scammed but I recently had a less than desirable negotiation with "cybernaut303"/Edwin at CJ Timeshares. It gave me a bit of a bad taste in my mouth and maybe I am speculating too much on what happened but here is how it went down.

I see a posting for a week I desire and it has a reserve. I ask what the reserve is and he says $5,995 (well over market). I send him some fixed listings on Redweek that are lower but it doesn't matter. He is supposedly representing a seller and wants me to make an offer so I do. He comes back with a counter of $4,500 and I say it would be better to let the auction play out. I later come back and up my offer and he counters with $5k???(higher than previous offer).

The auction ends at $540. He immediately relists the auction with a minimum bid price of $5,500. Low and behold along comes a mysterious bidder who immediately places a bid and then cybernaut303/Edwin ends the auction early. Obviously I am thinking it was a fellow CJ Timeshare bidder and they are trying to fool me into thinking they actually sold it for $5,500. The amount is possible but not very probable. I contact him the next morning to feel him out and he says he sold it last night for $5,500. My thoughts at that moment are that he will suddenly come up with another of the same unit type.

That night he messages me again:

Hello,I have another seller that just came thru with a similar ownership. I presented the offer to see if they would accept and they declined at $3,000 plus closing and transfer. Do you want to submit an offer closer to $5,000? They are putting the ownership to market tomorrow, so I wanted to extend an offer prior. Let me know your thoughts and I'll make the call.Respectfully,Edwin- cybernaut303

I know that even the honest timeshare salespeople lie for a living so it is not unexpected. It is also possible that it was completely honest that it did sell for $5,500 but my gut tells me otherwise.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eh, with negotiation, don't take it personal. Just get up from the table. It's all good.