• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wheres everyone going in 2012?

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Taking my bride of 32 years to Rome, Tuscany, Florence, Milan, and Barcelona in late May, using an RCI exchange for a week in Tuscany.

Heading to San Diego in December for a post-harvest/post-crazy season getaway.

Two weeks on Kauai in April...even now, I can't wait to feel those soft trade winds...sigh.

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had a couple of change of plans..

Taken so far:
January: Yoho beach club - Taiwan
March: Marriott's Barony Beach Club
March: Disney AKV - Savannah View

Coming up:
May: Wyndham SeaWatch (long weekend)
Memorial day week: Aruba SurfClub
June: Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (long weekend)
July: Wyndham SeaWatch
August: Marriott's OceanWatch
Labor Day week: Disney's Beach Club
Thanksgiving week: Marriott's Oceanana Palmns :)

DVC - AKV - March, 2012
Lakeshore Reserve - March, 2012
Frenchman's Cove - May, 2012
Ocean Pointe - July, 2012
OceanWatch - August, 2012
Manhattan Club - Christmas, 2012

Probably looking for another week for the fall with DVC or in Aruba... :D

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our daughter just turned 3 so we are not stuck on a school schedule yet.. :D. Company I work for is totally flexible so I also get to work while traveling as long as I have a phone and Internet..

Dh just changed jobs so his vacation time has been reduced but his new company is also flexible with working remotely so we'll see how that goes!

Ok, i'm depressed!

Most of you are retired with kids out of school? My vacations look pathetic in comparision to some of you taking 10+ Weeks a year!

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
March Las Vegas Marriott Grand Chateau - husband's annual golf trip with his buddies
March Branson Marriott Willow Ridge Lodge - spring break
June Aruba Surf Club
June Orlando Marriott Sabal Palms -thinking about giving this week to my nephew and his young family
August Fort Lauderdale Marriott Beach Place Towers
December Las Vegas Marriott Grand Chateau again

Unfortunately we are limited to school schedules. Wish schools would still have a week long fall break in October, that used to be my favorite time to travel.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
January: Oahu Aulani and Big Island HGVC Kings Land
April: Cabo Grand Mayan Los Cabos and Welk Sirena Del Mar
August: Will sail our sailboat up to Santa Barbara for a week, probably spending a night or two anchored in the Channel Islands National Park
Nov/Dec: Maybe NYC?

H

Our latest version:
Jan: Aulani (Oahu) & HGVC Kings Land (Big Island)
April: Grand Mayan Los Cabos and Welk Sirena del Mar
August: Santa Barbara via sailboat
Nov/Dec: NYC 6 nights, Westin Lagunamar 5 nights, Grand Luxxe Riveria Maya (7 nights)

H

startinover

Reaction score
are you saying you are renting all those places for that price? i am super-new to this website. going through divorce and trying to decide whether to keep one of the two hyatt vacation weeks we own, (coconut plantation and beach house in key west) OR

get out of paying maintenance fees at all and simply rent from now on. at your rental rates, it seems like a no brainer. where/how did you book for those prices?

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cancelled the WDW world trip in November and are headed to Disneyland instead. Have Worldmark Anaheim booked, but will be trying for VGC with my DVC points at the 7 month.

Of course I've already started planning out 2013, It's a Beach Cottage at DVC VB year, so the 11 month reminder is set in my calendar.

It's the VGC for our Anaheim trip!!

And for 2013, yes I did get my Beach Cottage at DVC VB for Easter!

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
First trip doesn't have us staying in a timeshare resort as we are flying next thru to Dallas for DD's wedding. We are baby sitting their house and dog and cat for a week. We rented them a unit in Maui for their honeymoon plus the Luau.:whoopie:

Then Aug 24th we are going back up to our home resort in Lake Tahoe at the Ridge! Life does slow down after 60!:ponder:

PHIL :zzz:

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three weeks ago we did a family vacation (There were 11 of us, with 4 kids under 6 years old) to Cuba. It was lots of fun! Tomorrow, we are off to Las Vegas with some friends. We are staying at the Grandview. So far, we have no other plans for the rest of 2012.

Dori

Ridewithme38

TUG Member
Reaction score
Three weeks ago we did a family vacation (There were 11 of us, with 4 kids under 6 years old) to Cuba. It was lots of fun! Tomorrow, we are off to Las Vegas with some friends. We are staying at the Grandview. So far, we have no other plans for the rest of 2012.

Dori

Are there any Timeshare in Cuba?

Reaction score
I'm going to ...

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Dominican Republic in August. We're staying on the south side of the island which doesn't have as many tourist and crowds. Hoping to find some nice beaches with few other people to relax in the sun.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, Ridewithme38. There are no TS's in Cuba at all. We did an all-inclusive and stayed in a hotel unit called a family suite. It had 2 double beds and a fold-up single cot. Makes you really miss timeshare units when you are in a hotel room for a week!

Dori

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, Ridewithme38. There are no TS's in Cuba at all. We did an all-inclusive and stayed in a hotel unit called a family suite. It had 2 double beds and a fold-up single cot. Makes you really miss timeshare units when you are in a hotel room for a week!

Dori

11 people in a "family suite"? Third world luxury. What is enjoyable about that?

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
April 7-14 Sedona Summit-first time
April 14-15 Grand Canyon
April 15-22 Las Vegas- Grand Chateau
travel 2 days
April 24-26 Hot Springs National Park, AR
April 26-May3 Branson, MO Marriott Willow Ridge-also first visit
not sure after that

Sept 15-22 Sanibel Island-Shell Island Beach Club-first time
maybe some more FL time

Oct 21-28 Charleston- Church Street Inn

4 of these are qualified for XYZs and we have one more studio.
I hate to waste these so we may add more trips. Who can pass up $170 weeks. :cheer: We had lots of II deposits from before they changed the rules. Next year we will only have 2 deposits.
First year my DH has been retired. Having fun!
Went shagging in MB in January at mid winter SOS. Stayed at Marriott Ocean Watch. The Branson trip is an XYZ on that.

We have been busy booking these XYZs. We added Marriott Grande Vista three times.
First is May 31-June 6...before most schools are out.
Second time is Sept 22-29 following our Sanibel week.
Third week is Sept 29-Oct. 6 for my hubby to take a buddy to play golf.

I am taking 2 girlfriends to Royal Sands the week of Sept 29-Oct 6 while my hubby and another hubby are playing golf in Orlando. Hubby did not want
to go to Mexico. Looking forward to a trip with the girls.

We still have a 2 bedroom to XYZ and a studio. Don't know if we will do the studio. If I can get SBP with a limited kitchen we may go dancing in MB again.

Oh, I forgot to mention we booked New Orleans December 14-21. We got a 1 br from a studio. Go figure. Never been to NO. It is supposed to be beautiful at Christmas. Looking forward to it.
We will be broke after this year of traveling. Our big trip above was wonderful. April-7-May 13.

Last edited:

channimal

TUG Member
Reaction score
May = Aruba Surf Club 1 wk (MRP)
Oct = Italy 2 wk (Umbria and Waldorf-Astoria Rome) (Rome done via HGVC pts to HH pts and Umbria via RCI exchange)

Last edited:

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanna be Canadian! They have better beer then us :bawl:

I have already contacted the Canadian government and they assured me that any attempt for Canadian citizenship by Ride will be denied!

flexible

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any Timeshare in Cuba?

Ride,
Have you gone to Cuba yet?
We want to go.
Many of my classmates who had to "duck & cover" in October 1962 during the Cuban Missiles Crisis want to go with the classmates who showed up in Tampa & Miami schools that month doubling the attendence. We were in first grade and had NO IDEA why.

Most American go to Cuba from Cozumel or Cancun.

Let me know IF you are going to Cuba this year and what you think of it. My classmates want to go for a 2014 reunion.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Staus Update

So Far this Year

Vegas
Seabrook Island SC X 2
Steamboat Springs CO (12 weeks)

Yet to Go
Iceland
London
TBD

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to some last minute developments at work, I have had to cancel all of my timeshare vacations this year so far, but my non-timeshare week long vacations have all worked out:

April - Silesia, Poland
July - Crimea, Ukraine seaside
as well as long weekend trips to Transylvania, Romania for the medieval fortified churches, to Viena and to Munich.

I have one more week long vacation (non-timeshare) scheduled in late August for Norway and Sweden and a long weekend in Istanbul in September. I will also be back in Poland for a week for a conference in September.

Now that my schedule is calmed down, I am looking at timeshare trips as well for the Fall.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Soon, this thread will need to be retitled: "Where's every one been.."
I'm into 2013 planning, myself.