• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought retail....

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Thank you for sharing that your re-sale contract purchase had problems with Wyndham. I am sorry to hear that it took two years to get a deed. Also, thank-you for the attack post. It appears I had a similar problem. In my case, I had to hire a attorney/closing company that Title picked as a condition of deed transfer. I would have to pay them. This was the timeshare(s) coming from the Estate. Like in your case, that did not happen. Alas, the problems that need to be overcome when ownership changes occur that are not bought as a new timeshare purchase directly from Wyndham.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think that was his original developer purchase and not resale.

Last edited:

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, thank-you for the attack post. .

You do get caught with a lot of trouble aimed in your direction, don't you? Wyndham tries to throw you out and take your deeds away from you. You can't get deeds transferred properly. Here on Tug you constantly have "attack posts" thrown your way. Have you considered that these troubles might be brought on by yourself? Maybe one of the following two things is going on.

1. Your behavior invites trouble. With Wyndham, at least, you seem quite happy to return to the wolf's den over, and over, and over.

2. Your trouble isn't really trouble, but only a misperception of attacking behavior. At Wyndham, you seem to take everything quite literally as the gospel truth and here continue to characterize posts as attacking when it's just a difference of opinion.

Out of all that I've read about your squirrely issues, the only common denominator in all your troubles and attacks seems to be... well, you. Maybe some self assessment might be in order. While I'm sure you'll take this as another "attack post", it's not. It's food for thought to think about your part in all your ongoing problems.

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
You do get caught with a lot of trouble aimed in your direction, don't you? Wyndham tries to throw you out and take your deeds away from you. You can't get deeds transferred properly. Here on Tug you constantly have "attack posts" thrown your way. Have you considered that these troubles might be brought on by yourself? Maybe one of the following two things is going on.

1. Your behavior invites trouble. With Wyndham, at least, you seem quite happy to return to the wolf's den over, and over, and over.

2. Your trouble isn't really trouble, but only a misperception of attacking behavior. At Wyndham, you seem to take everything quite literally as the gospel truth and here continue to characterize posts as attacking when it's just a difference of opinion.

Out of all that I've read about your squirrely issues, the only common denominator in all your troubles and attacks seems to be... well, you. Maybe some self assessment might be in order. While I'm sure you'll take this as another "attack post", it's not. It's food for thought to think about your part in all your ongoing problems.

Thank you for the attack post.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends on your finacial situation. If you can afford to go to Gold VIP or higher and like to travel a lot over the years. I would not recend, what you agreed to buy are VIP eligable points and can be supplemented later on to get the status.

They lose nothing by rescinding and gain time to make an informed decision about making such a large purchase.

Most of us would never make such a large purchase without looking at all angles of it and thinking it over first. Most of those coming here saying they just signed a contract are confused and really have no idea what they are buying. How can they know if they want VIP if they don't understand what it is? Many have been outright misrepresented to in the sales room. Let them at least study the member directory and learn how the system works and what it costs over time (and how difficult it can be to sell later on) before they jump into a developer purchase.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
They lose nothing by rescinding and gain time to make an informed decision about making such a large purchase.

Most of us would never make such a large purchase without looking at all angles of it and thinking it over first. Most of those coming here saying they just signed a contract are confused and really have no idea what they are buying. How can they know if they want VIP if they don't understand what it is? Many have been outright misrepresented to in the sales room. Let them at least study the member directory and learn how the system works and what it costs over time (and how difficult it can be to sell later on) before they jump into a developer purchase.

Excellent advice neighbor! :hi:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
You do get caught... Here on Tug you constantly ... Have you considered ...

1. Your behavior ...

2. Your trouble isn't really trouble...

Out of all that I've read about your squirrely issues...

Such a message can only be interpreted as an "attack". It's an example of "ad hominem" rather than polite discourse and contributes little to the conversation.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Such a message can only be interpreted as an "attack". It's an example of "ad hominem" rather than polite discourse and contributes little to the conversation.

This is an attack

"Pay no attention to this POSTER no one has yet to figure out his agenda, reads what anybody posts from any encounter and reposts it as fact" by RentShare

You shortened the quotes from vckempson who articulated what was wrong with rwrongwell's postings

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... Here on Tug you constantly have "attack posts" thrown your way ...

Attack posts through TUG appears just to be a way of life for those that do not support the TUG "Click". My guess it is more attributable to the inherent business competion between Wyndham (both re-sale and rental) and the re-seller and renters that participate on this board. If anyone is interested in who the Tug Click group is, just review to the boards to see the screen names of those doing the attacking.

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the word is "clique." This has been driving me crazy in the posts about this subject lately. :wall:

I don't have a dog in this fight, except as someone who doesn't like to see the language abused.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm pretty sure the word is "clique." This has been driving me crazy in the posts about this subject lately. :wall:

That's correct, but I was hesitant to point it out earlier....

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK. Is it 'perk', or 'perq' or 'perque'? Referring of course to the short form of 'perquisite'.

Jim

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Based on this:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/perquisite
both perq and perk are correct.

Yet, only clique refers to a group of people. Click, as a noun, can mean three or four different things, but none of them mean the same thing as clique:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/click

English is a funny, funny thing, especially when one spends quite a bit of one's day explaining rules like this to an inquisitive five-year-old. *shifty eyes*

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nice to see TUG keeps reaching new lows. Not only personal attack posts fair game but personel ridicule.

I don't think anyone was intending to ridicule you, Amy was only trying to point out (in a polite way) the correct spelling of a word you've used several times in the last few days on the forum. After that, there are a couple of humorous observations on the intricacies and quirks of the English language.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I don't think anyone was intending to ridicule you, Amy was only trying to point out (in a polite way) the correct spelling of a word you've used several times in the last few days on the forum. After that, there are a couple of humorous observations on the intricacies and quirks of the English language.

Like I said - personal ridical, those that do not follow TUG company line great some real bad treatment. Does not do much to encourge open discussion, I guess saying anything not in accordance with the "Company Line" makes it OK. Sometimes I wonder what the difference is between the Wyndham staff and the described posters. I think I just figured it out, the sales staff are better mannered and more accurate. For those that are in the timeshare business, maybe, if they work hard enough and long enough, they could get up to a "F" grade for their business related activities.

Last edited:

ledaga

Reaction score
The sales staff definitely not well mannered. They are probably the worst sales people I have seen in my life. Wyndham is great except for their sales staff, but they bring in money to fill the coffers. Everyone needs to be honest about what you are getting and what you are paying for and stop the bickering.