• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] II is alive and well..

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
DC points can kiss my rear....

I just got my trade 11 months out..

1 Bdrm Gold Surf Club deposited..
2 Bdrm Plat Surf Club Granted...

I'll be there all week , enjoy the veal, be sure to tip your waitress...

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Veal is evil. But congratulations.

Nickfromct

TUG Member
Reaction score
DC points can kiss my rear....

I just got my trade 11 months out..

1 Bdrm Gold Surf Club deposited..
2 Bdrm Plat Surf Club Granted...

I'll be there all week , enjoy the veal, be sure to tip your waitress...

I've been very happy with my II trades over the past few years. I'll be looking to doing something similiar soon. Congrats!

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
How can you put in an on-going request for a larger unit (2 bedroom) when the resort has the same size unit you deposited (i.e. 1 bedroom)?

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can you put in an on-going request for a larger unit (2 bedroom) when the resort has the same size unit you deposited (i.e. 1 bedroom)?

The OP did not mention placing an ongoing request for a larger unit. That is not possible. II confirmed the OP into a larger unit (+1) during platinum season (+1). Apparently, that is possible. Congrats rpk113!

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
it was an ongoing request

It was an ongoing request that I put in about 2 weeks ago, it actually matched twice but I had to give them back (bad dates).

In fact it actually matched to a 2 Bdrm in plat season first, then a 1 Bdrm in Plat season yesterday and now a 2 Bdrm today.

answeeney

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you. I have to say, though, that there seems to be a pretty strong theme running through TUG that somehow it is not only fair but a tuggers absolute right to trade up from a studio or a 1 bed silver or gold to a 2 or 3 bed platinum. Personally, I think that if DC can introduce more balance to trades then I'm all for it.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck to you. I have to say, though, that there seems to be a pretty strong theme running through TUG that somehow it is not only fair but a tuggers absolute right to trade up from a studio or a 1 bed silver or gold to a 2 or 3 bed platinum. Personally, I think that if DC can introduce more balance to trades then I'm all for it.

Amen. Upgrade fees can solve that problem. I believe the independents do it.

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amen. Upgrade fees can solve that problem. I believe the independents do it.

By saying that, your killing the "dream" of going anywhere you want that the salesman says..

example
I buy a Plat 1 Bdrm at Maui Ocean Club but I want to go to Hilton Head.. UH OH!!! HHI only has 2BDRM's.. Should I pay an upgrade fee? Am I less of a marriott owner? Am I not entitled to my dream of a vacation at any Marriott TS resort?

Moving up in the TS world is a game, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This time I won.. Next time I may lose...

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
By saying that, your killing the "dream" of going anywhere you want that the salesman says..

example
I buy a Plat 1 Bdrm at Maui Ocean Club but I want to go to Hilton Head.. UH OH!!! HHI only has 2BDRM's.. Should I pay an upgrade fee? Am I less of a marriott owner? Am I not entitled to my dream of a vacation at any Marriott TS resort?

Moving up in the TS world is a game, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This time I won.. Next time I may lose...

You are no less of a Marriott owner because you own a one bedroom and want a 2 bedroom. By all means, I wouldn't wanna kill the dream, my friend. I just wouldn't mind if that dream became a weeeee bit more expensive...;)

answeeney

TUG Member
Reaction score

example

I don't want to play a game - I want a fair deal. With DC I can exchange into any Marriott resort on equitable terms.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I don't want to play a game - I want a fair deal. With DC I can exchange into any Marriott resort on equitable terms.

A lot of people here would disagree with that statement- is it equitable that most of us don't get enough points to book most weeks in our owned season, should we want to use points, and some can't book a single week. And, yes, I know at your home resort you can simply book a week as usual- but if I'm given less points than my week is worth, then I cannot book something equitable anywhere else either.

Some of us were allocated less points than weeks that Marriott itself rents for half to two-thirds the price. So when I give up my week for points and can't get a week that Marriott rents for half the price, is that equitable?

So while theoretically the DC could have made everything more equitable, it just created a different subset of winners and losers, relatively speaking.

answeeney

TUG Member
Reaction score
Less the skim of course. :)

I don't have a problem with the skim. I see it as the cost of having flexibility to book in other than 7 day units and to chose any day check in. I can after all just use my week as usual with no skim involved.

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score

<cough>skim<cough> if equitable is getting 6 or even 5 days of vacation of what once was a 7 day. Fair enough

answeeney

TUG Member
Reaction score
<cough>skim<cough> if equitable is getting 6 or even 5 days of vacation of what once was a 7 day. Fair enough

You sort of prove my original point. I think some tuggers have a tendency to expect something for nothing.

DCBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are no less of a Marriott owner because you own a one bedroom and want a 2 bedroom. By all means, I wouldn't wanna kill the dream, my friend. I just wouldn't mind if that dream became a weeeee bit more expensive...;)

Am I missing something here? Why would you want someone who has decided againt joining or utilizing the points program to pay more for a legitimate trade through II?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I don't have a problem with the skim. I see it as the cost of having flexibility to book in other than 7 day units and to chose any day check in. I can after all just use my week as usual with no skim involved.

I agree with this. Plus, I still don't know why skim is all of a sudden such an important factor in the DC, when for years it wasn't even a blip on the radar while some of us were routinely suffering it in II.

"It is what it is." You do best when you work with whichever system gives you the most value.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? Why would you want someone who has decided againt joining or utilizing the points program to pay more for a legitimate trade through II?

Touche....

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score

I like booking 7 days at my home resort. I want the flexibility of selecting a check-in day. Difficult to do both in my season (platinum) with the DC.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score

Totally agree. Sometimes I think that the folks that stay glued to the computer all day in the hope of trading their low season lockout for a high season 3bdrm would be better off getting a 2nd job at minimum wage and just using the money to rent what they want.

rpk113

TUG Member
Reaction score
You sort of prove my original point. I think some tuggers have a tendency to expect something for nothing.

I don't want something for nothing... My expectations were set at my sales presentation when my used car salesman recommended this practice as commonplace and well accepted. So in a way Marriott caused there own problem.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. Sometimes I think that the folks that stay glued to the computer all day in the hope of trading their low season lockout for a high season 3bdrm would be better off getting a 2nd job at minimum wage and just using the money to rent what they want.

But dem is the same folks that fritter away their time on TUG. And dem includes me! Eh, there is no hard dollar cost to fritter away time. It's worth it.

Last edited:

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Assumption

I have always assumed that each II deposit was given some kind of mathematical rating. I have also assumed that when a one bedroom deposit scores a two bedroom trade that was because it had a relatively higher mathematical power than anything else waiting. In addition, I have a feeling I have gotten a two bedroom with a one because there were no other takers "on hold.".

davemy

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I bought into the Dream, Which i bought direct, I was told by the marriott salesmen that i could do upgrades and that I would get AC's for my deposits. Well the AC's Suck now and I am still able to do upgrades , Does marriott have to take everything away that they promised me when i bought. :shrug: I bought lock off units for the sole purpose of benefits that they can give you.