• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

For those keeping track ...HRA

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are my odds at 8 months out of using my star options to get a small one bedroom at HRA early or late summer (2013)? I can't use my week in my season that year. May rent it but we' ll have to see how the rental market is then.

Thanks in advance!

RALnGA

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the last 3 years we have gotten a one bedroom in May(44,000 staroptions) ..and this year we also got a one bedroom in Oct (37,000 staroptions)...
Just call at 8 months out...One call thats all...

WE'll be there the first week of May :whoopie: ..any other Tuggers going to be there?
RAL

C30NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be at HRA from the 4th - 13th. And it wasnt that bad booking with StarOptions. I did so at 7 months, but had to call a few times to finally get a large 1BR.

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you both. makes me feel better :)

i know the deluxe has a kitchenette vs kitchen, but can you still cook meals in the villa the way you would with a kitchenette?

dyi27308

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Annual WKORV OFD
HRA, Jan 2014

I am trying to use Staroptions from my KRORV(148000) to secure a two week stay at HRA in January 2014. What are my chances of getting back to back weeks in a studio or 1 bed, and what would be my best approach? Any input would be welcomed.

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are my odds at 8 months out of using my star options to get a small one bedroom at HRA early or late summer (2013)? I can't use my week in my season that year. May rent it but we' ll have to see how the rental market is then.

Thanks in advance!

I've always had great luck in early June and late August. Late June, July and early August are the most difficult, but there are reports of success here on TUG every year, so it's doable!

thank you both. makes me feel better :)

i know the deluxe has a kitchenette vs kitchen, but can you still cook meals in the villa the way you would with a kitchenette?

Both kitchens have the same appliances (microwave/convection oven only) - it's just that the size is more like a real kitchen in the premium unit (more countertop space, bigger refrigerator, etc.). You can do all the same things in both.

I am trying to use Staroptions from my KRORV(148000) to secure a two week stay at HRA in January 2014. What are my chances of getting back to back weeks in a studio or 1 bed, and what would be my best approach? Any input would be welcomed.

January is historically an easy exchange. You can usually even trade in via II, if you have any cheap traders. It's a shame to waste a full two-BR WKORV. If you don't have any traders, I'd watch rental prices for Jan 2013 and see if you might do better by renting a prime WKORV week and using the money to rent an HRA - you might be able to get a premium one-BR for each week and some $$$$.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the last few years I was able to get HRA x 6,1&2 bedrooms June and August. WSJ x 3,studios and 1 bedrooms in June and August. Call 8 months out and be persistent.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I've never had a problem booking HRA with *options.

csudell

TUG Member
Reaction score
ble!

Both kitchens have the same appliances (microwave/convection oven only) - it's just that the size is more like a real kitchen in the premium unit (more countertop space, bigger refrigerator, etc.). You can do all the same things in both.

does this mean the refrigerator is not a full size refrigerator? is it a mini or just a smaller full size?

Thanks Jersey Girl from another Jersey Girl :)

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's not the mini kind - more like an apartment size - has a freezer and ice maker - just a tad bit smaller than a regular one. We haven't been back since the renovations were completed - going soon - will let you know if anything has changed.

I'm floridagirl these days, but miss NJ (in the late spring, summer and early fall!). :)