• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pictures from our Lagoon Tower stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
This was our ninth visit to Hawaii and our sixth stay at the Lagoon Tower in the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Of course, we love it here :)

Our three bedroom penthouse unit was reserved during Club Season.

We discovered during check-in that we were assigned to the three bedroom oceanfront diamond head facing side (room 2466) however it only has two full bathrooms. I needed three private bathrooms for the adults we were traveling with. Luckily, they were able to reassign us to the oceanfront unit on the marina facing side (room 2467) which has three full bathrooms.

Here's a link to my photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/40089311@N05/sets/72157629608174187/show/

Enjoy !!

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Fantastic photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Bill4728

Reaction score
WOW What a place. Have a great time.

Don't play with the turtles you can get fined a significant amount of money.

Bill

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Those are fantastic pictures -- thank you very much for sharing them!!

I think that view over the Marina is just spectacular and that unit appears to be have the best combination: Marina view with beautiful sunset and yet still ocean-front with view of the Lagoon. I would suspect that the adjacent 3BR unit still can't see Diamond Head because it's blocked by Rainbow Tower?

Thanks for posting and I'm glad you had a great time!

All the best,

Greg

Edited: For some reason I thought your HHV unit was a 3BR Gold Unit -- based on the timing it looks like 3BR Platinum? That's a great unit!!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Those are fantastic pictures -- thank you very much for sharing them!!

Edited: For some reason I thought your HHV unit was a 3BR Gold Unit -- based on the timing it looks like 3BR Platinum? That's a great unit!!

I may be confused but wouldn't that only affect Home reservations? You can get anything you have the points for Club reservations. At least thats the way my 2BR Gold Premier was sold to me, I could get the 3br PH for the same points in Club season. You mean that salesman was fibbing :)

We prefer the 2br, stayed in the PH and that staircase got to be a PITA after a week.

Last edited:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Beautiful views. Thanks for sharing.
Are all the 3 bedrooms, penthouses with stairs?

HatTrick

Reaction score
Great shots as always, Phyllis. Thanks!

For some reason I thought your HHV unit was a 3BR Gold Unit -- based on the timing it looks like 3BR Platinum? That's a great unit!!

Note that it was a Club reservation, Greg, not a Home Week reservation.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Got it - thanks very much - I missed that!!

Great pics - thx again!

jestme

Reaction score
I may be confused but wouldn't that only affect Home reservations? You can get anything you have the points for Club reservations. At least thats the way my 2BR Gold Premier was sold to me, I could get the 3br PH for the same points in Club season. You mean that salesman was fibbing :)

We prefer the 2br, stayed in the PH and that staircase got to be a PITA after a week.

We had 2468, marina side, 2Br PH in January for 4 nights. I also found the staircase was a pain after a couple of days. It also felt very unsafe walking out of the second bedroom as it seems to be missing a railing on the wall side. The windows are great, but I'm not sure I would bother again, the 2BR oceanfront has a better view for the same cost.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
WOW What a place. Have a great time.

Don't play with the turtles you can get fined a significant amount of money.

Bill

We had a great time :)

Yes, they had the turtles roped off and folks were there to make sure no one crossed the ropes.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Great pictures!!

Do the penthouse units have washer and dryers?

No, there's a laundry room on the penthouse floor near the elevators.
None of the units in the Lagoon Tower have a washer and dryer in the room.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

In 2009, I bought a 2 bedroom oceanfront gold season week eoy ;)

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
alwysonvac, were the turtles by HHV?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Beautiful views. Thanks for sharing.
Are all the 3 bedrooms, penthouses with stairs?

All two and three bedroom penthouse units have stairs.

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I think that view over the Marina is just spectacular and that unit appears to be have the best combination: Marina view with beautiful sunset and yet still ocean-front with view of the Lagoon. I would suspect that the adjacent 3BR unit still can't see Diamond Head because it's blocked by Rainbow Tower?

You can see Diamond Head from that side.

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing!

So which one did you like better, the Westin on Maui or the Hilton on Oahu?

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
So which one did you like better, the Westin on Maui or the Hilton on Oahu?

They're completely different. We like them both for different reasons.

We love the Hilton on Oahu for it's location away from the crowded Waikiki area & convenient access to various activities. We're always on our large oceanfront or oceanview balcony at the Lagoon tower but we really don't hang out in the Hilton resort area.

At the Westin, we loved that it's away from the other crowded resort areas. The feel of the resort and the rooms are definitely in a different league than the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It feels like you're staying in a suite at a resort vs a timeshare. It's definitely a slower pace. We could see ourselves hanging out at the resort for a day or two but then we'll need to find something to keep us busy. We're not beach or water sports folks. We'll definitely return to Maui but we just don't visit Maui as often as we do Oahu.

Last edited:

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. Trying to decide which one to hit in the winter of 2013, but I will probably do both on two separate trips. Perhaps Hilton in February and Westin end of April. It's only five hours nonstop flight for us.

We love the Hilton on Oahu for it's location away from the crowded Waikiki area & convenient access to various activities. We're always on our large oceanfront or oceanview balcony at the Lagoon tower but we really don't hang out in the Hilton resort area.

At the Westin, we loved that it's away from the other crowded resort areas. The feel of the resort and the rooms are definitely in a different league than the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It feels like you're staying in a suite at a resort vs a timeshare. It's definitely a slower pace. We could see ourselves hanging out at the resort for a day or two but then we'll need to find something to keep us busy. We're not beach or water sports folks. We'll definitely return to Maui but we just don't visit Maui as often as we do Oahu.

HatTrick

Reaction score

I would agree with that assessment.

You also spent a night at Disney's Aulani, right? How does that resort compare to HHV and the Westin Ka'anapali?

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Makes sense. Trying to decide which one to hit in the winter of 2013, but I will probably do both on two separate trips. Perhaps Hilton in February and Westin end of April. It's only five hours nonstop flight for us.

It really depends on what you're planning to do on vacation.
For example, if you're planning to spend most of your time onsite at the resort, I would choose the Westin.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I would agree with that assessment.

You also spent a night at Disney's Aulani, right? How does that resort compare to HHV and the Westin Ka'anapali?

All three are different.

Hilton is a great upscale resort in Waikiki
Westin is a great luxury resort in Ka'anapali
Disney is a great family destination resort in Ko Olina

At Disney's Aulani, we loved all of the special touches and the attention to detail throughout the resort. The rooms were nicely done and felt very comfortable. We actually picked up a DVD at the Community Center and watched a movie in the evening which we've never done during our Hawaii vacations.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Overall it was very relaxing especially since the occupancy rate was at 51%. Disney not only has a lazy river. It also has a very wide stretch of beach with free lounge chairs. We can't wait to return.

6845766362_f8b8334217_z.jpg

Of course the food and drinks were overpriced. The ladies hospitality room is way too small. And I can't help but wonder how it will feel when occupancy is at 100% at Disney's Aulani.

There's no charge for parking at the Westin. At Disney, there's no charge for parking for DVC members. And of course, at Hilton everyone pays for parking.

Both Westin and Disney have ceiling fans in the bedrooms and fans in the bathrooms. LOL, just a pet peeve of mine with HHV :rofl: