• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo; Casa Dorada Medeno Beach

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe (2 weeks)
Marriott Ko Olina, Oahu, Hi. EOY
UVC, Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.EOY
We traded in through Interval, and the confirmation certificate says we are in unit 711/12. Does anyone know anything about that particular unit? It is a 2 BR, so I assume it is on the 7th floor???

Thx

Steve

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Look at these reviews on Tripadvisor. The fifth one down with this title “5 star resort ........ but staff needs improvement” is from a person who stayed in unit 712 and he has a picture of the view. It is stunning. Hope you have a great trip--but just stay away from the timeshare presentations, according to these reviews.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
the TS presentations pitch GlobeQuest Travel Club, and claim a whole bunch of farfetched things

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Look at these reviews on Tripadvisor. The fifth one down with this title “5 star resort ........ but staff needs improvement” is from a person who stayed in unit 712 and he has a picture of the view. It is stunning. Hope you have a great trip--but just stay away from the timeshare presentations, according to these reviews.

Wow, gotta love the internet, and gotta love TUG! :banana:

You know, we actually went to that site before making our trade, saw that pic, and commented on how nice it would be to have that view...but then we never thought to go back after we got our confirmation.:wall:

Steve

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We gave our friends a week there last year and they loved it! They had nothing but great things to say about the staff and service at the resort. They are ready to go back! I'm sure you'll have a great time. Enjoy!

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Splendor...which as I type is dead in the water and being towed to Ensenada...we missed that by just 2 weeks! I guess partied a little too hard ;-)

While in Cabo I walked (well, took a water taxi actually) to the Casa Dorada and looked around! Wow, I am really excited now. What a great looking place. They had security gates (needing room keys) coming up from the beach, so we just walked around to the front and then meandered around the grounds/pool area.

Steve

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Wow, I am really excited now. What a great looking place.
Very cool! That's also great that you were on that cruise two weeks ago instead of this week.:whoopie:

Talithacumi

Reaction score
What type of things were pitched?

the TS presentations pitch GlobeQuest Travel Club, and claim a whole bunch of farfetched things

I purchased about 2 weeks ago. I haven't figured out if it was a bad decision or not. They gave me a high trade in for another time share but I assumed I paid a higher price because of it. They later gave me an offer to buy back the trade in at 15% of trade in value? There seems to be some reasonably good trips on their site (Globe Quest) especially if you don't plan very far in advance.

Thanks

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They gave me a high trade in for another time share but I assumed I paid a higher price because of it. They later gave me an offer to buy back the trade in at 15% of trade in value?
This is a new twist. I've heard of many people who supposedly "trade in" their old timeshare when purchasing from the developer. Often, the transfer of ownership is never completed and the hapless purchaser finds they still own the old timeshare and are still responsible for the maintenance fees.

If they are offering your trade-in timeshare back to you for 15% of the inflated trade-in price, it sounds like just another way to extract some more hard-earned money from you. They undoubtedly have not bothered to transfer your ownership to them on this trade-in. Buyer beware.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased about 2 weeks ago. I haven't figured out if it was a bad decision or not. They gave me a high trade in for another time share but I assumed I paid a higher price because of it. They later gave me an offer to buy back the trade in at 15% of trade in value? There seems to be some reasonably good trips on their site (Globe Quest) especially if you don't plan very far in advance.

Thanks

Any timeshare brought from any developer in Mexico is a bad decision. But the resort is wonderful, so enjoy! This resort has done very well with the sales due to its location and overall quality of the resort.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is quoted from another forum, the link to it is at the bottom.

"Yes we authorized payments on our MC. Part of our membership price was that they would take over ownership of a time share we have in Ontario. We've been wanting to get rid of it for some time as maintenace fees have gone up a lot, so we thought this would be the perfect opportunity. But it's been 4 months and they keep giving us the runaround. They keep saying they're doing the paperwork but when we contacted our resort, they say no one has called. "

http://www.destination360.com/forum/mexico/6456-vacation-club-scams.html

I would be weary of vacation clubs, most of them are just a large buy in to get discounted vacations that would compare to RCI extra vacation prices. I've also heard that in these particular presentations they claim the club is owned by the same company that owns the hiltons and dreams and other hotels, have you heard this?

Last edited:

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Casa Dorada

Stayed there in November for a few days and had a wonderful time. Victor Gomez, the manager is a very gracious host.

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Casa Dorada Internet...and stuff

We fly out a week from today...looking forward to 91 and 92 degree temps! We were there 3 weeks ago on two different stops on a Disney cruise, and I just kept thinking how nice it will be to go, stay, and not have to leave after a few rushed hours.

For those who have stayed at Casa Dorada, what sort of internet is there? This is a quote from their website; "Our in-room internet/movie services allows you to do anything from stay in touch with your company or simply double check your flight schedule to just browse the internet at your convenience."

We also just booked a shared shuttle from the airport with Cabo San Lucas Tours...I guess we have to cab back.

I thought I might give deep sea fishing a try, but neither Cabo tours nor Redrum offer shared excursions, and I don't want to pay the money to charter a boat just for myself. Redrum offered to put me on a 'share' list and if anyone going out while we are there is willing to take one more person then they will contact me.

Steve

Kenrabs

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I will be staying there for 4 freenights through an email promotion that Victor Gomez sent me. I look forward to the visit.